hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#2 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

At best it takes up space in the picture better used to show the actual cars, at worst it distracts from the actual goings on on the racetrack. I'm not opposed to the graphics overlay, but they should show me something I cant figure out with my own eyes, take intervals for example or lap count.  Besides that the will they wont they is part of the excitement.
I just wanna race

#3 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:48 PM

Making F1 less predictable by predicting an overtake? Thoughts about changing tracks, starting grids? What I saw is information  don't need during a race, practice, and Qualifying. Too much information on screen is distracting.  I like shots of the suspension working, tires deforming, etc. The car actually working. I also need an F1 car that sounds like it's working. A deep grunt of torque, a scream of pistons, etc.

I wonder when they'll start to think about   "Balance of performance" like in Sportscars?
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#4 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

Some of the info is good, some is not. I don't like the way the AI is being forced upon the world all at once in many areas of our lives. Is this invasion of AI organic? Or is there a more sinister purpose?
I think the main question is.... when does Skynet become aware?
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#5 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

AI/Machine learning the marketing buzz word of the decade, the same as cyber, radio and nuclear before. I'd be more worried what companies do with these techniques before the laws catch up rather than a metallic Austrian bodybuilder coming after us all.
I just wanna race

Sim Racing Links