• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

I decided to go in at the last minute. Awful decision. I was in serious need of warmup. On race, I spun and I was watching cars passing me before joining. WTF I saw Phil but did not see Craig and put my car in front of his way. For sure I fucked up his race :(

I shouldn't have joined, big big sorry Craig. I will try to join next race serving a penalty for my stupidity.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#2 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

First off big thanks for Daniel for saving the night for changing the race length. As for myself couldnt get it together in the shorten qualifying session spent first 4 laps behind daniel and leo as they slugged it out. Then after danile off their was Leo i couldnt get too close or else the frontend would lose downforce. Then i spun at the 1st chicane. Tried to reel him back but i was a lap short!!

Congrats to Jonathan, Pablo & Leo

Luckily Jon sticked at it for season 7 he wasnt sure he would race. The Lotus Team Boss had to pull him by the trousers ;)

Next time..Land Down Under.. Bathurst another classic :D

Dom

Edited by Dom77, 11 June 2009 - 08:10 PM.

Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#3 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

Congrats Jon, Pablo and Leo!

Watched race until lap 16, there were some really exciting battles out there, hope everybody had fun :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#4 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

View PostDom77, on Jun 11 2009, 08:57 PM, said:

First off big thanks for Daniel for saving the night for changing the race length. As for myself couldnt get it together in the shorten qualifying session spent first 4 laps behind daniel and leo as they slugged it out. Then after danile off their was Leo i couldnt get too close or else the frontend would lose downforce. Then i spun at the 1st chicane. Tried to reel him back but i was a lap short!!

Congrats to Jonathan, Pablo & Leo

Luckily Jon sticked at it for season 7 he wasnt sure he would race. The Lotus Team Boss had to pull him by the trousers ;)

Next time..Land Down Under.. Bathurst another classic :D

Dom

Interesting Dom, my only other win in MRC is at that very track!!! :) Can't wait!

!st, thanks to Daniel the Man Gomez for saving the festivities tonite! Well Done!

I also want to thank Dom for providing me with an unbelievable setup tonite, it was hooked up...  :thumbup:

I really liked this track, it has a nice flow and some challenging sections in it. I had some good speed in qual, and thought I was going to have p1 on my final qual lap, but good ole Sammy nipped me by like 40 thousands of a second!!  :bowdown: At the start, I got away clean, but looking to my right I see a red/white flash blow by me like it was shot out of a cannon! I knew the battle would be on between Sam and Pablo, so I just made sure I kept my distance between them and myself, but yet close enough to pounce if they made a mistake. to my surprise, my plan actually worked for once!! I actually was able to keep pace with the 2 speedsters, and was actually faster in the 1st 2 sectors. Sadly, Sam got loose coming out of the 3rd to last corner, that slow left hander, and mangled his car all to hell. So then I was in 2nd in pursuit mode of Pablo. I didn't know if I had the speed or the talent to run with him, but after a couple laps I saw he was not pulling a gap, and i was actually closing it down from 2 second back! I hounded him like a pitbull on a poodle, and tried my best to make a clean pass. At one point, I actually did pass him coming up to the chicane on the backstraight, but he got a better run on exit and got back by me. So then I just kept the pressure on, and I saw his rear tires were starting to give up on him from all that hard driving. My patience eventually paid off and he went off in the second chicane and I snuck by and never looked back. I was cruisin along and extending the gap to almost 17 seconds on the final lap, and I thought I would be slick and try and put a hot one in, well that almost proved to be my undoing, as I saw myself go in to hot in that very tight right hander be4 you go uphill towards the 90 degree corner. Luckily there was an access road which gave me a few extra yards to slow it down, and then throw it into reverse! My lead fell all the way to 6 seconds. I guess thats why they say never stop pushing, cause you never know what can happen in racing!

Well done to all the finishers, it was nice to see 13 people in attendance tonite.. Congrats to Pablo on a well fought race! You really made it fun....

Jonathan Stiener
I like to go fast................

Posted Image

Posted Image

J.Stiener rFRacing License

Current GPL rank:-52.051
Monster rank:-257.981
Challenge Rank:-25.472
Historic Rank: -8.075

#5 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

Looks like a quite of an roller coaster season for me , up and down all the way   :rolleyes:   .

This was a big disappointment because i was running steadily in the practice earlier and qualifying went well again. In the race i soon realized that i was running more wing than Pablo and holding him off would be difficult so it didn't take long to drop behind him , but i was running pretty comfortably behind him and just waited for an opportunity to possible make a move on the slower parts of the track. Well , that didn't last long because already on lap 6 i lost the rear and ended in the wall... no warning at all and it caught me completely by surprise. Ripped the left side wheel off and game over... what a pity , could have been a good 3-ways battle there otherwise.

Looks like the walls don't like me much this year  :inv: :g:   :grumpy: .

But anyways it was a nice race while it lasted and it was great to see another winner (4th i believe) for the season , well done Jonathan for the nice race , well deserved result  :1a:   :thumbs: .

Congrats to Pablo and Leo for the podiums too...  :2a:   :3a:

On to the next one , another track with some sturdy walls to test how thick my skull is...   :wallbash:  :lol: .

-------
Samuel

#6 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

Potrero
Race replay and XML files.

Attached Files

#7 maximica

maximica

• Mybroga
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

I was happy finishing the race! :D

www.mundoremolque.com

Season 29 -Team Ferrari - Div C. - CHAMPION!!
Season 30 -Team BRM -Div B. -3rd Place

#8 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

Interesting race.

Great start (LOL), and on lap 1 i think i overtook Samuel also. Nice battle with him till he crashed. I was kinda relieved lol.
I didn't have a great pace, i was not properly concentrated. Jon was close, and i overshot a "chicane", almost crashed. I was right there behind, but on the slow part i crashed the wall pretty hard. My car was damaged so i couldn't push. I had a nice gap between me and Leo, so it was pretty quiet till the end.

Congrats Jon :).
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

Pai--no problem, surprisingly, our contact didn't slow down that much ( I can be slow enough by myself) so not to worry.  I was very slow and crappy this race, I wonder about this whole thing.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#10 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

It was a tough track its going to be a tough month so better put the miles in!
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#11 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Wd done to all. I did not get a chance to practice or even look at the track until 3 hours before the race. My times were good for me. I ran low fuel expecting to crash early. Then I crashed early. Oh well. Interesting track. Good choice Gabriel. On to the land down under.
Thanks for the setup.

Edited by Phil Ashio, 12 June 2009 - 10:49 PM.

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#12 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Big Congratulation to Jonathan for a great win! Also well done podium.
Not a good race for me. Made enough mistakes to deny myself a priviledge of driving close and fighting with Joe and Valentin.

Thanx to Daniel for figuring how to adjust lenght of the race.

Bee back in couple weeks.

Adnan
Posted Image

Sim Racing Links