Music We Like?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 D_J

D_J

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

There is a story about Sidney Bouchet (I think it was) , one of the early jazz pioneers who went to paris and got into a gun fight over an argument about some chord changes on the sheet , it seems Sidney felt (strongly) it was a D7 and not a minor 7. He got expelled and banned from France , nobody got hurt to my knowledge. Back when music really meant something..

#22 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,352 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:51 AM

Boys are back in town, what a great classic song. It was played so many times in our youth center...all the good guys die young...

This one's for you John, for your loss...

Michael Schenker, such a gifted guitarist, who influenced a lot of guitar players, like Rhoads, satriani, Vai and Slash among others...

#23 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

Robert - The first OSI album is Kevin Moore, Portnoy on drums, Jim Matheos on guitar. Matheos is from Fates Warning - which I loved thru the album No Exit - after that not so much.
You remind me that I did Like DT's Awake album... so it's after that I lost interest.
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#24 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

Thanks Rob, That's a great track. (MSG - Another group I had largely forgotten about). This is like a trip down memory lane. So many artists I had listened to in the past but have drifted into the background over the years, It's good to revisit and remember just how good they were. Isn't Youtube wonderful, So much stuff which would just get lost in the mists of time available forever. ;)

Incidentally, everyone probably uses their own method but https://recordmp3.co/#/ is a great site. Just paste any youtube address into this and it will download the soundtrack of whatever you are watching (In original quality) as an mp3. Or use the "Bookmarklet" at the bottom of the page, add it to your "Bookmarks" bar and simply click on it while a song is playing and get the mp3 in your downloads folder. A great way to fill up your hard disk. ;)

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#25 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:54 PM

That is a cool tip, John! Thank you very much :beerchug:

Sim Racing Links