D2 Mexico GP 2017 November 18th 18

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

It staggers the mind to think of all the little things that decided the Team Championship. I'm not going to recite all of the breaks we needed in the final races of the D2 season, but suffice to say that Honey Badger Racing really needed a few. And we got them ... barely! So barely, in fact, that if we had lacked any one of them, we would not have won the championship.

Let me start off by thanking George Cheeseman, whose 4th place finish at Mexico City contributed the final points to HBR's total. When Tames announced that he would be unable to attend D2 Mexico, I decided that given how close the Team Championship chase was, we could not enter the final race as a one car team. We were lucky that George was available, willing, and ultimately fast enough. In 6 years of leading HBR, this is the first time I've ever engaged a privateer to drive one of our cars. George proved the right man at just the right time to give us what we needed. Thank you, George! You really excelled, and for your good work, you can count yourself among a championship winning team.

To my Honey Badger Racing team mates, Killer Miele, Alex der Gaertner, and Tames Oud, I am grateful for your commitment to GPL, oAo, and HBR. Our accomplishment is the result of a team effort in which everyone contributed mightily. Good results don't come easily in a league of this quality. We had enough good finishes to earn 2nd place in both Drivers Championships and 1st in the Team Championship. We should be very proud of that. I told my trio before D2 Snetterton that no matter what happens in the final two races of the season, I have never been more proud of my team. There's not a single one of these guys whom I wouldn't eagerly choose again to contest a long season of oAo racing.

To Robert and all members of All-Ways Racing, thank you for the tight struggle right up to the very last lap of league competition. It became almost comical to see how close our teams were after every event! Events didn't break your way often enough, but they certainly could have. It may be cliché to say so, but it is a shame that someone had to come 2nd. Please consider it my highest praise when I say that it would not at all have bothered me if our teams had ended the season tied.

To the whole league, thank you all, too, for your commitment to GPL and oAo. Participation here requires a lot of time and effort -- time and effort that does not always meet with the desired result. Yet everyone continues to practice and race. Every other week, the grids are well attended by people (from around the whole world!) who have prepared meticulously to compete in a 20 year old simulator! It still boggles my mind. Sometimes I'll pull up an old replay and run through the starting grid just to remind myself that at that very moment, guys from all around the world were sitting at their computers to contest a GPL race. I'll work my way through the grid and think Holland, Brazil, Italy, France, United States, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Germany ... until I cycle through the whole field. It's still a thing of wonder for me. (Of course, I'm a little old man now, perhaps too easily amazed. Still, I think it's pretty impressive.)
:wheelchair:

Special thanks to Bo for the tireless work that he puts into this project. Year after year, no one's dedication is higher and no one deserves our collective gratitude more. Thank you, Bo, for everything. This league exists as your brain child. The rest of us help as we can, but ultimately this league is a reflection of your time, effort, experience, and love of racing and GPL.

Thank you to my fellow stewarding crew, Bob Holada, John Hammonds, and Burt August. It was a pleasure working with you again this season.

And that's all I have to say for now. Have a good off season, everyone. Look for announcements of fun runs over the next few months. Let Bo know what you anticipate your commitment level being for next season and wait to see the results of the upcoming draft. I hope to see you all on the grid in February.

Michael

#22 mellilore

mellilore

Fold Art

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Woah!!!!! I just realized Honey Badgers Racing Team won the Team Championship!!! Many many congratulations and kudos to Michael, Frank, Alex, Tames and George. Well deserved!!!
Grats to the second ones (by one single point!) and third as well.
Well done all of you guys.

Lorenzo
GPL FOREVER

#23 mellilore

mellilore

Fold Art

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:23 AM

Oh... and BTW many many many many many thanks to Bruce for EVERYTHING!

Lorenzo
GPL FOREVER

Sim Racing Links