• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:43 AM

Was very happy with a F312 PB in quali, in my second run. It seems to be a dutch F312 record after all by a few 1/1000s :P More importantly, it was Pole, very important to take the lead here. ;)

Got too much wheelspin again at the start and Roy went alongside. But I took the inside well at Tarzan and just held on to the lead. Always knew my best chance would be creating a little gap early on and then manage that lead. Everything went to plan, it must be said both Roy and I drove very well first 15 laps. The pace was really hot. At some point Roy came to 1s but then the gap went back to 2-3s, until the gap grew since Roy had an off or two.

Second half of the race was more about bringing the car to the finish. All lapped cars did a great job giving me room and being aware. Thanks!

One of those special wins at my hometrack. Well done Roy for P2, and Iestyn completing the podium. It was a high quality race with only 1 DNF, sadly it had to be Michiel again...there were many fights through the field, and sometimes felt guilty breaking up the fights while lapping. Great job all for such a clean and great race. Very impressed by the start as well. Thanks all for racing, thanks Bruce for organizing :)

Again, I can't explain how much fun it is to set still PB's on original tracks, and to be able to bring my A-game at every race now :)

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 06 May 2019 - 10:37 AM.

#2 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

The Flying Dutchman

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:GPL, I think?? :)

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

The whole session went as expected for me.
4th on the grid was the best I could do, setting a time about equivalent to my time two years ago.
If I wanted a shot at 3rd and pass Iestyn, I had to make a monster of a start. What adds to the difficulty is that he is on the inside.

So, my start was better than his, but not good enough to even threaten the position.
So fourth it was and the three ahead pulled away from me. Knowing I couldn't keep up, I aimed for scoring high on the consistency scoreboard.
Seeing I was third in that regard, I'd say I did well.

Apart from one Honda which took its time, I feel the backmarkers did a job well done with the blue flags :)

Iestyn had one moment towards the end of the race, but it wouldn't matter for my result.
I finish fourth, where I expected to be finishing.

One more race left till the season break, and a tough track to add.
See you at the Nürburgring. :)
"Grand Prix Legends is a drug. I am addicted to it."
- Based on a quote of Harry Schell

#3 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:35 AM

As at Sachsenring, I competed in the Honda. My goal was a top half grid position and a top half finish. I nearly achieved the former (Q9 of 17, with a time very close to my Honda PB) and barely achieved the latter (P8 of 17). I drove just about as well as I could have: consistent, reasonably quick, with no major mistakes. The trouble is that everyone else did exactly the same! The consistency numbers testify to very professional performances throughout the field. I don't think I've ever competed in a race that featured so few changes of position. Nobody gave anybody any gifts. The results speak very highly of everyone, congratulations!

One D1 race left before the mid-season break. Let's make it a good one.

Michael

#4 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Finished one place up from where I started due to Michiel's unfortunate demise. A quiet race spent chasing Ed for the first part of the race until we began to be lapped by the faster drivers and lost touch with him at that point due to being caught where  I had to slow more than usual. Had 2 major brain fade moments, First was watching my mirrors as Iestyn approached, Ended up sliding on the grass  as we approached the final turn, Iestyn took evasive action but unfortunately stopped exactly where I would have slid back across the track. Fortunately I got it stopped before reaching the track surface. Second when Yannick caught me as we entered the final turn and in my haste to get onto the straight without hindering him too much I had a minor slide which I managed to catch but must have gave Yannick a bit of a fright.

But mission accomplished. After an expensive Sacshenring coins were all the objective of this one was and both me and Carlos got through it unscathed so some welcome funds in the bank.

Congrats to the Podium. On to the green hell.

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#5 Roy

Roy

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:49 AM

Great race for me and happy with my 2nd place! :)
Qualify did go as planned... i couldn't go much faster only 2 tenths from my pb.
Rob was faster then i thought and qualifying on 2nd place was the best i could do on this track.
On this track i hade problems with overheating rear tires after 15 or 20 laps and unfortunately i could not fix this problem.
Therefore i was exualy fully concentrated for the start trying to pass Rob before T1 to give myself a chance.
That didn't go as planned and i ended up 2nd behind Rob after T1 and from there i just try to stay close to him.
I hade the pace to stay close and it was a great battle and very close racing which i enjoy very much.
Unfortunately on this track after 13 or 14 laps my rear tires start overheating and from there i did make a small mistake and i needed to slow down.
Because i need to slow down i have the feeling that i give the win away without a battle all the way to the finish.
For sure i am very happy with my 2nd place... but i have to say the i am very disappointed that i couldn't push from start to finish on my home track!

In the end happy for our team and happy to see that Doni also finished.

Grats Rob and podium and all finishers! :)

Sim Racing Links