Race length: 42 laps
Start: Standing Start
Fuel wear: 2x
Tyre wear: 2x

Weather conditions: sunny
Flag Rules: fullcourse yellows
Lucky Dog Rule: ON

Damage Multiplier: 50%

Startime for the practice session.: the usual one for the Oval Division: December, Tuesday 16th, 2014 1:00am GMT; December, Monday 15th, 20:00 EST

If somebody needs the password, post here and I will PM it to you.

Server is running this track now, so everybody can get some practice before the official practice
AP

#2 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hi, Art!  :)

I just jumped onto the server to make sure that I had the proper track loaded.  Nope.  It's Watkins Glen!!!  LOL!

#3 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

Congrats to Doni on the amazing first place finish and congrats to Juan and Terry for finishing second and third.

I like Monza and have won here several times.  I used the same successful strategy Monday and had a perfect race: no spins, no offs, no bobbles.  Yet I could do no better than fourth!  And were Art still running I could have placed dead last.

It seems that others have had discussions or replaced their old fuel engineers and now don't worry about an extra fuel stop either.  At the first pit I had warning as Terry, Juan and Art pitted on lap 10 (good for me) but Doni pitted on lap 11 (uh-oh).  Then I noticed Terry and Juan adjusted and the race was on.  But I could not stay with them with the result I mentioned above.

I need a discussion with my race strategists.

#4 Juan McMahon

Juan McMahon

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

It was a very interesting and entertaining race, but at the end I was furious with myself.  Even if a have a self spin during my first pit stop and, later, I lost the car at the Parabolica entrance, at end I could manage to close the gap with Donnie.  I knew that if I keep the pace, at the end of the last lap I will catch him, so it was a matter to find a place to pass (very difficult), and then, innecesarily, I pushed to hard on the Parabolica braking point and that was it ...
Good work Donnie!
I don't know what happened to you Lee, seems you choose the wrong strategy this time :-(
Anyway, you're still at the top, so it's up to you to win this championship!! ;-)
Posted Image

#5 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:33 AM

Well, my race looked on for a good position at the end when, soon after the first pitstop, the engine exploded. Even with boost at 5 and driving like crazy, I could barely keep in touch with Donnie while he was in 2nd position, so everything seemed to depend on the pitstop strategy. I never had the chance to try this ;)
I will also have to have a serious talk with the engine engineers ;)
AP

#6 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

Sorry for the late filing, gys.  I need a 25-hour day.  :)

Well!  No faulty change-downs for me this time!  Recall that the last time that we ran Monza, I blew up my Toyota mill by accidentally selecting 2nd gear going into the Parabolica thanks to an overly-long finger nail catching the paddle.  With a good lead then, it all went up in smoke.  For our race this time, I trimmed my nails.  Got a nice pink polish on 'em, too.  :)

Poor Juan...  All things considered, this should have been his race.  Great pace in qualifying and in the first stint.  To have had that spin entering the pits for the first service, then spin again going into the Parabolica dicing with Arturo and lastly to have another off in the Parabolica late in the race.  If anyone of these three hadn't have happened, surely he would have emerged the victor.

I ran the first stint on boost #4 allowing Juan to pull away fractionally.  That he pitted one lap earlier than I was a plus and, of course, that looping spin trying to slow for pit lane was a disaster for him.  That left me with a decent if small lead that I managed right up to my last service.  I noted with some surprise that Juan was able to stretch his 2nd stint and pass for the lead while I was in the pits.  Hmmm...  How did he manage that after pitting a lap earlier on the first stint?  Hmmm...

After my last service, I scaled back the boost to #3 with about a 15-second lead.  I'm home free!  Or at least I thought.

Noting that Juan had pitted one lap later than I for that last service, I figured that he'd have the boost at #5 and it didn't take long for me to realize that was indeed the case.  That 15 second lead began to shrink.  FAST.  With about five laps to go, I upped the boost to #4.  Still Juan was closing.  For the last three laps, I cranked the boost to the top and was driving hard in the near-certain belief that I'd blown it and Juan was going to gun me down on the last lap.  Then...  That little spin for Juan in the Parabolica on the 2nd last lap.  PHEW!  Gotta say!  I was really lucky to hang on.

Sorry to see that Arturo suffered an early engine failure.  Bad luck, amigo.  Grats to Terry on a P3 placing!  Good drive, Lee!

#7 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

Race Results :)

http://simresults.net/141220-i5v
AP

Sim Racing Links