• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostAljones, on 14 April 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Congrats to Dan for his first oAo win !  for me, I had a good pace but made too many errors...happy with 9th..

On a different note, can't say I am impressed by a Cooper driver on the first lap in the chicane, looks like there was a melee and he was perpendicular to the track; I had plenty of room to pass safely on the inside until he moved forward and hit my rear wheel, sending me into a spin that took me at least 15 seconds to recover :yucky:  even worst, he sped away like nothing happened...

Maybe it didn't change the outcome of my race although I lost concentration for a few laps but isn't it good sportsmanship in this scenario when you are involve in such melee to wait until there is nobody else coming before moving away,
especially on the first lap of such a tight course ?

To add insult to the injury, after reviewing the replay, he clearly caused the incident by hitting the Ferrari ahead of him under braking for the chicane.... too bad there is no black flag rule...
Agree.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#22 Baldassarri

Baldassarri

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Gpl, slot_racing, books, windsurf

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

Hi Ronnie, very sorry for the kick at the hairpin at the old station in the qual.  We were quite at exit of the corner, so I expected you accelerated, but I was wrong and not evaluated well the distance.  Maybe this did not allow you to improve the qual and then the race, Please accept my apologies

Ciao
roberto

#23 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:03 AM

No probs, Roberto. Qualy was a bit crowded at times, but I ended up where I deserved.

Sim Racing Links