• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Since Lime Rock I'm using pretty much the same setups. The suspension follows a similar structure, I only make minor changes on it to adapt to the track surface and its grip, then tweak wings and gearing, which is the most important part of the setup, and the part that demands longer time.

Since this one is a medium wings track, and has a nice complex of twisties and long straights, I've set wings at 3/9.

The laptimes I've achieved with this setup are:

1:14:8 on qualy trim
1:15:7 on race trim, low fuel
1:16:8 on race trim, full race fuel

Dunno if it's gonna be enough to follow Lotus Squadron, but I must try! :lol:

Spotter says 1.8 litres per lap, that is 90 litres for the race, so I'm loading up the usual +7 litres of what maths says. 97 litres for the ones who don't like to do the math :P

The setups I use usually work well with any Cosworth powered car and Ferraris, doing minor changes, so perhaps you people should give it a try if you are a bit lost here. It doesn't solve the struggle for grip, I'm struggling to put the hammer down! :gpler:

Attached Files

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#2 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

Modified my race setup, now it seems to be a bit more faster. I clocked a 1:16:4 on full fuel load, the pace seems to be a bit better now. Just raised wings and modified the gearing, rest is just the same. I'm still not able to be really fast on rather low wings, that's one of the things that separate me from the :alien:

Attached Files

Edited by pai, 21 January 2009 - 03:02 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

#3 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

Race3 setup is the one that has the right brake balance and other stuff ;)

Edited by pai, 21 January 2009 - 03:04 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links