Tucuman

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

after an expected p12 starting spot, a clean start, gaining one position, on lap 3 i spun  - and ended up facing the oncoming BHolada.. he had no where to go and i was flipped ~
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#2 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

Got distracted by the leaders battling it out behind me.. and made a mistake under breaking and came to an abrupt stop when i collided with the armco barriers.. lost a tyre.. race over... "GAME OVER YEAAAAAHH!!!!!" (whoops been playing too much Daytona Usa on the dreamcast)

Better luck next time....

Okay.. premiere tomorrow as usual... new intro and trackmap before every race.. makes it easier to identify the corners.
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will (usually) premiere Saturday at 11pm GMT

#3 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

3rd place but far from the leaders . A breathless race battling with the Eduardo's ferrari and the Daniel's Brabham !!!
At mid-race , a Ferrari was stopped in a dangerous position in front of the pits exit , but it was my lucky day .
Last laps behind the laped Honda , i liked the slipstreaming in the straights !
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#4 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:49 AM

With a jam-packed grid, qualifying was very difficult. I had about 3 close calls, and eventually qualified in 8th, half a second off what I could do - which would have put me 6th.

Everyone started very sensibly and I slotted in 8th behind George in the Honda. From about lap 3 I came under some serious pressure from Roberto in the Cooper; lap after lap. Only the superior speed of the Brabham kept me ahead. On about lap 26, I could see my teamie Tames coming to lap us.  And then I groaned as I saw in my mirror that he and Roberto made contact in the hairpin and span.  However, thankfully Tames recovered, and lapped me. A few laps later I had my own drama: after T2, I touched the dirt and span right across the circuit, on the outside of Banana.  Somehow, I just kissed the armco and rejoined, losing two places in the process.

The midfield was extremely competitive, and I could make no headway against Roberto and Tim, who had overtaken me during my spin. Then, Tim had a moment of his own, and I was up to 9th, where I stayed.  Tames lapped me once more on the way to an imperious victory. Well done, mate. :yahoo:

#5 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,737 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:31 PM

Not a good performance.  Started last and ended up last finisher.  It is really difficult to get out of the way when three cars are trying to lap you at the same time.  At least my poor dented and damaged Cooper made it to the end.  I was really trying to make it easy for you guys to get by!

Don  :'(
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#6 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

Well that was one confusing race, although we are team mates, myself and DD, we came together on more than one occasion, when there cars all around you itís realy difficult to know whatís going on, so I have to say sorry to anyone that feels I caused them problems, and that has to include my own team mate, I have practiced the ass off this one and felt quite happy with it, the real problem here I think is the very short lap which concentrates  the whole field at certain times and places.

Having said all of that, the next track will be much worse in that respect, do we realy want to race there?, finishing well here was as much down to luck as skill, is this realy going to depend as much on luck as skill?.

Just thinking out loud.

Regards Tim.

Edited by timbo, 16 February 2019 - 01:08 PM.

#7 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

I started 6th and finished 6th, never making it to 5th and never falling back to 7th. The only excitement occurred on L57 when I saw Niky's Brabham on the grass ahead of me at The Banana.  I was in 5th gear and accelerating with everything the Ferrari had around the bend, figuring/hoping/praying (pick one) that he'd keep wide to the left going into the banked right-hander at the end of the back straight. He didn't. I punched him in the rear and flipped him as we both were braking hard. I don't know what I could or should have done to avoid this one. Whatever it was, I'm sincerely sorry for the contact. I never came close to smacking anything else all day. Sigh.

#8 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:13 PM

Many thanks to all laped pilots : it was very very fair .
(I can wait the main straight to pass , no need to take the upper way in the banking)

My best race !  the race time was not boring because in fight with Eduardo and Daniel ( and pepe too at the start ) during all the race !   :bigsmile:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#9 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

At first my apologies, that I was gone immediately after the race. So far I am not really into iGor and don't know if there is a chat room (I heard there should be...?)
Congrats to Tames, Claudio and Francois! I am very impressed by your speed.
Well this was my first race and the only goal I had was to finish. And I am happy I did. That was a great experience and it was very exciting and enjoyable. I am hooked and looking forward for the next race.
However it was not an easy start at all. In lap two during qualy I had a disco and did not know what to do. I read the rules. And now I know that I may join during the last 5 minutes. Right before the end of qualy I could set my time which I was happy with although during practice I could drive 7 tenths faster. After happily wishing good luck in the chat I noticed that the race was just ready to start. I had no idea that there are only seconds between the end of qualy and start.
I was swearing loud but than noticed the green button appeared again and I could start from pits (lesson learnt). But all together that was nerve-wrecking and I missed the breakpoint in T1 in anger. It took me some time to cool down and to find my rhythm. It was also not easy not to interfere with all the fast drivers and I did my upmost to disappear immediately. That was sometimes not easy and also dangerous especially in the slow curvy part. But all went nicely and the fast guys where very cooperative and patient. Thank you very much! I only remember one situation where I was not happy: George in the Honda was right behind me in the slow left bend and I could go nowhere and I saw him spinning in the mirrors.
I felt so bad about myself that I missed the breaking point at T1 (no. 2 of 3 I think). Sorry George when it was my fault!
Thank you all for having a great time. :)

#10 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

During qualifying in the beginning I couldn't get a decent lap in due to to many cars doing the same thing on not enough asphalt. Somebody hit me from behind when I crossed in front to go into the pits, I think it was Nicky. Sorry, you had no where to go. Both of us were luckily able to continue. Qualified close to my PB after that. Had a good start and managed to stay ahead of Claudio. Pretty soon I had to start working my way through lapped cars, and that was quite an adventure today. Around lap 20 I got stuck between a number of cars, I did everything I could to avoid contact but ended up touching Bob H I believe. I saw him summer salting to the left of me after we barely made contact, which really surprised me. In the replay I saw he was also able to continue. Once again, sorry about that. My third contact was with Roberto. I was chasing him for a little more than a lap when I really was under the impression he was making room for me. When I saw this was not the case and he turned in it was too late. So this was my third hit. I am sorry guys, I really do not intend to hit everybody on my way to the finish line. Roberto was also able to continue I saw to my relief. Quite a miracle I made it to the finish myself.

Claudio was able to get ahead of me during one of these events. We had a great battle with really close racing for while, but I was able to pass him a few laps later. Somehow this track really suited me fine. I felt really comfortable driving my laps the whole way. Glad with the result obviously, my first time ever to win pole, fastest lap, and win the race!

#11 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

First race of the season at the new circuit, Tucumán. A little short, perhaps for these cars, and crossing the fingers so that there are not massive disconnections that can ruin the race and that to me, as responsible for the TSG would make me feel ashamed. Luckily none of that happened, just some isolated disconnection was reported, but I think it can't be attributed to the track. Being short but very fast, the track was the scene of an entertaining race for everyone, those who were ahead and those who were behind, and to be very attentive to the mirrors and blue flags of the track marshals. Everyone cooperated and I think that despite the amount of cars on track (luckily complete grid!) there were no major incidents. As for my race, I was for second and finished second. Tames was unreachable, I could only pass it when it got tangled up with another car that I was about to take a lap from, but he caught up with me and passed quickly when I was behind two cars that were fighting for position and I did not find the hole to pass them, I have nothing to claim from anyone, everything was fair. Then I got distracted by other the car and spun the slowest part before the last corner. From that moment on I drove in 8-9/10, as Denis Jenkinson would say: fast but with margin to try to finish the race. And so it was, congratulations to Tames for his triumph, to all who finished and everyone in general for making this league possible.
See you next time.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#12 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,116 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

The start of another season. I finished, picked up a point and a few coin for the team. About all I can ask for.  Happy to be out of the Honda.  For now.  I was thank full for a track that was easy to learn.  I've read some of the complaints here, and I don't share the concern about the coming track. There was a lot of contact today.  Some was unavoidable but a lot of it was avoidable.  Now we all have a chance to do better
     Happy but concerned about qualifying 10th.  My speed was well inside my comfort zone for this track, but I was concerned about being in the middle of the pack. I do not do well in crowded spaces(I am a bit of an introvert)
The start went well except for being in the wrong place when Bo had a lazy spin.  But recovered fast and found my self at the end of the mid-field pack.  Hung there for awhile until my "touch" from Tames.  I'd rather call it a "punt"
This happened at the last turn before the S/F straight.  I was on the outside and an even slower car had the inside. There was almost a car's width between us.  Tames was pointed at that gap. But his front end appeared to have a large push which caused his car to contact mine. After 3 barrel rolls I landed shinny side up. Took a big breath and continued on. the car felt a little out of alignment, but felt better after a slow lap.  Eventually caught up to Ronnie and had fun trying to push him(with no luck)  Had a number of incidents with Tim and I apologize for any that were my fault.  I checked the maintenance report after the race and was quite surprised that the spotters had only reported 3 minor problems. Neither Tames or myself had any damage from our encounter. So on to the next race.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#13 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

Grats to Tames for his hat trick and scoring our first teamwin, and to the podium! Respect to the full D2 grid for a high finishing rate. ;)

@ Rudy: in iGOR, click on Channels. Then add channel. Enter #oAo with password = milk

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 16 February 2019 - 06:54 PM.

Well, my socks and shoes always match, is it luck?

#14 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:53 AM

Guys.. video is being uploaded and should go in premiere..

https://www.youtube....h?v=yrFUQrus_bQ

Also... who knocked me out in the 2nd to last turn? We were driving fine untill that tap that send me spinning out... fortunately i was able to carry on after that...
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will (usually) premiere Saturday at 11pm GMT

#15 mcmirande

mcmirande

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:04 AM

Hello guys! Great to read you raced at my "home track" without issues.

Cheers. Marcos
Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:41 AM

Hi Marcos, the circuit behaved wonderfully. Congratulations is a real gem! The slow bend is ideal for splitting in half to another competitor! Remembrance of Traverso-Bessone  :3dnono: https://www.youtube....h?v=JfBe_t8pq2w

Edited by Claudio Pablo Navonne, 17 February 2019 - 12:55 PM.

Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#17 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

Thank you very much, Robert! :cc_jockey: (look you have you own emoji... ;) )
...like me :rudolph:

#18 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

It's a bit heavy on the frames but it's a joy to drive.
I just wanna race

#19 daniel0099

daniel0099

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Pretty satisfied with the result and with the good fights with François and Dulima.

Disappointed with driver returning to track without regards, that knock me off during qualif.
And another one (backmarker) who returned on track during the race forcing me to jump on the brakes and removing my chances to finish P3.
Not very gentlemen.. didn't even excuse themselves for so doing.

Fun race overall. And thanks to those who made passing them clean and easy, especially newcomers.

#20 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:42 AM

View Postmcmirande, on 17 February 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hello guys! Great to read you raced at my "home track" without issues.

Cheers. Marcos

It's a great track to drive, I had so much fun sliding around the corners.

Sim Racing Links