• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on 28 April 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Gabe... if your car was not handling as you wish, why didn't you pull into the pits and do a shift-R? you might have lost some ground, but your car would be repaired and your race continued ~

I was already 10 seconds off the pace, I thought I could make up some time by getting it right. Then the T1 braking zone happened and it made realize "Holy fuck this LSD is done!". But by that time, it was too late.

Well, on to Zeltweg. At least I kinda like that track.
"Keep calm and go flat out!"

#22 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,459 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:40 AM

Tough luck for John, who seemed unbeatable...

Great recovery and pace by Mick, who was patient behind Tames, and finally profited from Tames' engine problem. Mick was lucky early race being stalled at T1, incredible how much patience and courtesy Bruce showed there, coming to an halt. Don't forget Mick is still racing with physical problems, he is still awaiting surgery on his leg. I'm very happy I payed a fine to have him on the team, taking a risk not knowing how much he could race this season.

Also great consistent job by Ronnie, finishing 5th. Couldn't be more happy about the team, these guys (including Enrique) are so passionate, dedicated and determined. They always bounce back after adversity, and keep at it.

Grats Mick, great job Bob S. and Bruce as well! Well done finishers, and commiserations to the DNF's.

Looking at the start I would say starting very slow can also be dangerous, you get this concertina effect. Some almost came to an halt towards T1. I'd say especially Kayo (and Gabriele) was/were very unlucky. It's hard to find a balance for a safe start, but my point is being extra slow can be as dangerous as being very agressive. Just my opinion and trying to help.

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 29 April 2018 - 05:41 AM.

Well, my socks and shoes always match, is it luck?

Sim Racing Links