• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:07 AM

Hi guys, I need some help with iGOR.

I can't get iGOR to recognize my driver. When I load iGOR, I get a message it can't find last player chosen in players/player folder. When I try to join a race, I get a no driver picked message. I also get a message about an access violation in iGOR.exe problem.  I can't join a race until I can find the fix. Anyone know "the fix"?

I've got GEM pointed at GPL, iGOR pointed at it, everything is good. I've reinstalled GEM, iGOR, etc. Everything else works fine, even WinVROC.

I may need the server IP to join on Saturday, if I can't figure this out by then.

Thanks.
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#2 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:46 AM

Try to move your player folder from

GPL\players\name

to somewhere else, next copy the folder back to the same location, try IGor again.
I just wanna race

#3 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,116 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:04 AM

yeesh.   I'd make sure that when I reinstalled Gem/Igor that everything is new.    Change the current folders name or move it to a different location.  Then reinstall.  If that doesn't work then something  within GPL is messed up.  My guess is that the last driver used is written to a .ini file.  That's just a wildassed guess.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#4 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

I deleted my player. Started GPL, it would not let me create a new player.  Reinstalled GPL, GEM+ etc. Everything works, but iGOR. Now I can't even click a race to join, all are greyed out. Still get an access violation to iGOR.exe. Still have the message, no player found.

Is the GPL folder and files supposed to be read only?

I'll back up the info I need, then I'll do a complete uninstall, registry clean, etc. reboot, then retry. I'll do this sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by zzbusch1, 07 April 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#5 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

The contents of the GPL folder cannot be read only. Various ini files, for example, need to be updated by the game.

Rather than delete and reinstall (which on my 19G install would take hours!), why not try to tackle the problem after Saturday's race? Join the race as you mentioned above through GPL's Multiplayer screen using the IP address, which is 71.194.138.77. It is always found at the bottom of the oAo main page. As long as you can use GEM+ to enter GPL, you're getting the 60fps patch and anything else you need.

Michael

#6 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:55 PM

Thank you Michael. I will try to connect today.  My GPL install is only very basic, not the whole install I had years ago. That was like yours 15 - 20 gigs of replays, setups, etc.

That works, so I will connect through GEM to GPL to race on Saturday.  I'd love to figure out why iGOR is messed up. I wonder is there a separate install for iGOR? I 've looked, but haven't found it .

Edited by zzbusch1, 07 April 2016 - 01:24 PM.

#7 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

I think I found the problem. The HD with GPL installed was going bad. I put in an old spare HD, reinstalled everything. Now it seems to be fine. I can use iGOR and join races. I have to use GEM to run anything though. When I start GPL on it's own, I can't use any setups.

Which version of 60fps patch do we use?  I had to use the newversion in GEM to be able to connect to the server. Is this the one to use for all my 60fps needs?

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

ZZ.. yes... the 60fps2newmod is the one you want.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#9 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:24 AM

Hi all, I'm reopening this thread.  I'm getting the last player cannot be found message when I start iGOR.  The only thing I've done recently was GPL Shift to change my FOV. I can join via GPL multiplayer, but iGOR gives me the error message. Everything else works fine.  Any ideas?

#10 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,737 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

Why are we worried about the 60 fps patch?  The server in IGOR Is showing 36 fps.

Don
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

Sim Racing Links