38 replies to this topic

#21 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

I'm interested !
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#22 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hi guys, probably interested, would not be able to attend all venues, but that depends on dates,

One question though, how do you pick your car, dose that just bepend on personal preferences?.

Regards Tim.

#23 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:41 AM

We haven't revisited this idea in a long time. Based on responses so far, I count 13 of you as "all in" for this idea and 2 of you as "partially in." Therefore, I don't expect that we will be able to fill two full (D1 and D2) grids. This is not surprising, of course, and not a problem. We can host races that consist of all g levels together, as we have done in previous off seasons and in the Summer break fun runs. It also means that anyone who wants to compete in any individual races ought to be able to find an open grid spot.

I have adjusted the prototype CanAm66 mini-series pages accordingly. They can all be accessed through the main page.

New to the main page is the "Rules, Systems, and Standards" link. That link basically summarizes what the oAo CanAm66 mini-series is all about and delineates its similarities and differences with oAo. It's not very long, and since you all know the oAo rules, it shouldn't take long to read. Be sure to read it, however, because it does contain important differences that must be understood. Hopefully all questions will be answered there. If not, please let me know.

One thing will be included in that page but is currently not is the mode in which these races will be run. Do we want to run in Realistic mode? Or in Intermediate mode, with Shift-R available from a pit box?

Apart from that, there is still the question of race dates for the schedule. Dates currently shown on the schedule are still placeholders only. At the very least, Bo and I need to start coordinating dates for these races.

Michael

p.s. If you have any strenuous objections to anything that I've written, please make your argument here. Thanks!

Edited by MGL66, 31 October 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#24 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:21 PM

Can't wait!

Andrew

#25 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:30 AM

Keen!  :)

#26 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:20 AM

I'm still onboard, but my schedule has filled up considerably since last time so I will not be able to make it to all races.
I just wanna race

#27 Iestyn Davies

Iestyn Davies

RustyIesty - Speedy

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:GPL! :-)
    Music + Sport

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

I can make 2/3rds of the races and so will probably race, I might take the Genie for all 4 that I can do. :thumbs:
GPLrank: -75, Monster: -405
oAo: s18 Best season yet!
oAo: s17 Anglo-American Racers?
oAo: s10 Soaring Eagles! :)
oAo: s9 Belligerent Buskers' Brabham! ;)
oAo: s8 Impossible Dreams' Honda!

#28 Ed_Cullen

Ed_Cullen

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:24 PM

Still looking forward to this series.

#29 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:14 AM

I propose that in order not to have to learn the circuits as well as the cars, we use some of the last tracks of the season: Road Atlanta, Nassau and Stardust. And some of the ones I have planned for next season... :spiteful:
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#30 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

View PostIestyn Davies, on 02 November 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

I might take the Genie for all 4 that I can do. :thumbs:

I don't think so. CanAm mini-series Rule III.C.1 states: "Each driver is allowed to drive any one chassis/engine combination only once during the season. (Therefore, a driver who competes in all 6 races will have done so in 6 different cars.)"  [Emphasis in original]

Anyway, count me in.  :)

#31 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

There is a schedule on the page, pretty much the 66 CanAm season. I for one wouldn't be opposed running some of the tracks we dont get to play with during the big season.
I just wanna race

#32 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

I don't think Claudio's idea is bad at all. I am open to changing the schedule if that's what people want. This is the oAo CanAm66 Championship, not the actual one. We don't need to reproduce the 1966 schedule. For what it's worth, here is what CanAm actually ran from the years 1966-1973 (tracks listed by GPL folder name):

1966 Tracks from CanAm's subsequent years CanAm ran these tracks, but there is no road course version available for GPL If we want to keep a CanAm and North American character to our series, but using tracks that CanAm never used, then I would recommend the following Now that you mention it, Claudio, what tracks DO you have planned for next season? ;)

Michael

Edited by MGL66, 04 November 2018 - 06:19 PM.

#33 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Ignore.

Edited by MGL66, 04 November 2018 - 06:16 PM.

#34 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

If we were to run LRP can we run the long version that was logged but never paved? Always wanted to run that.
I just wanna race

#35 Iestyn Davies

Iestyn Davies

RustyIesty - Speedy

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:GPL! :-)
    Music + Sport

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostPepe Higdon, on 04 November 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

I don't think so. CanAm mini-series Rule III.C.1 states: "Each driver is allowed to drive any one chassis/engine combination only once during the season. (Therefore, a driver who competes in all 6 races will have done so in 6 different cars.)"  [Emphasis in original]

Anyway, count me in.  :)

:doh:

PS. Pacific Raceways was raced that yeah in the USRRC if that helps, along with the glen, Mid-Ohio and Road America 500. Combining both 1966 sports car championships would give a 10 track list.
GPLrank: -75, Monster: -405
oAo: s18 Best season yet!
oAo: s17 Anglo-American Racers?
oAo: s10 Soaring Eagles! :)
oAo: s9 Belligerent Buskers' Brabham! ;)
oAo: s8 Impossible Dreams' Honda!

#36 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

Tracks for this series are still under discussion. Let's start discussing dates. I am taking the following factors into consideration:
  • Christmas and New Year's day. It might be preferable to keep the weekend(s) nearest those dates clear.
  • Bo is targeting early February as the starting time for Season 22. He is flexible, but I don't want to demand too much of his flexibility.
  • It would be nice to give our D2 drivers at least one week off after Nassau before asking them to jump into a new schedule.
  • Should anything else be taken into consideration?
With these factors in mind, I tentatively propose the following 6-date schedule:

Nov. 24 - D2 Nassau
Dec. 1 - break
Dec. 8 - race 1
Dec. 15 - race 2
Dec. 22 - break
Dec. 29 - break
Jan. 5 - race 3
Jan. 12 - race 4
Jan. 19 - break
Jan. 26 - race 5
Feb. 2 - race 6

If we want to pack these dates a little tighter, I could see eliminating any of the breaks except Dec. 22. What do you guys think?

Michael

Edited by MGL66, 14 November 2018 - 03:31 PM.

#37 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

Outstanding!

#38 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:49 PM

p.s. In case you haven't noticed, there is a discussion here about which tracks we will run in the CanAm66 series. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Michael

#39 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 PM

A bit late, but I am interested.

Don
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

Sim Racing Links