Safari Live

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

I've always been interested in wildlife and up until Joanne became too ill we usually spent our holidays off whale watching in Scotland or sitting in a hide in some remote area watching various wild animals going about their business.

More recently I've been tuning into the twice daily broadcast from the Djuma Game reserve in Africa where they have an interactive trail drive with one of the game rangers. One is a sunrise safari, the other a sunset safari.

Sometimes not much is found and they spend several hours trying to make Elephant Poo sound interesting but other times we get several hours of Lions, Tigers and just about everything else you wouldn't really want to meet face to face on  dark night.

Check the website here https://wildearth.tv/safarilive/ to find you local times for the broadcasts.

Another great site is Explore.org https://explore.org/livecams/ Loads of Live Cams covering everything from kitten sanctuaries to Orca lookout cams, Bald Eagle nests. Many are seasonal, (The Bald Eagle chicks have all gone now), But the Brown Bears are busy showing off their salmon fishing skills and there is something to watch all year round on the various African Game reserve cams.

Probably just me being a boring old fart but it's better than what's on the TV recently.

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#2 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,352 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:31 AM

Cheers John, just watched a bunch of elefants taking a mudbath, and producing golden turds! :)

#3 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:25 AM

Living the hi life. :D This mornings sunrise safari was full of Lions and Leopards, Really good.viewing.

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

Sim Racing Links