#21 GeNiE

GeNiE

Prodigal Son

• ADC
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Diving, Cycling. In no particular order

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:34 PM

Tim,

Don't know if there's an option to install iGOR without the 65s, but it's pretty straight forward as VROC as far as I remember. Just go to the fp.gplegends.plus.com/ and download the minimum (no carsets), then you can have gem and iGor installed. It will also install the 65s but you'll have to have it till Paul releases the next GEM+2 version with the option of not having to install anything else.. HTH
Ihsan "GeNiE" Gin

JSJ GPLShift utility : $0..
Contact Cleaner from RadioShack : $7.99..
Second hand GPLShifter : $30..
Braking down to Tabac with skipping 5th and 3rd gear in a P115 : PRICELESS

#22 Tim

Tim

• ADC
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the help Genie

More questions await though

Ive got me VROC setup and now Im wondering what the point of GEM+2 is and how I should set it up....?
Fire! Smoke she is a risin'
Fire! Smoke stack lightnin'

#23 Syd Drake

Syd Drake

• ADC
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:43 PM

Well, most races are hosted through iGOR, and iGOR comes with gem+. And there's not much setting up, you just point to where you want it installed, and later when you start Gem+ for the first time you point it to your GPL instalation.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein

#24 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,217 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

To expound on what Syd said, the main reason we use IGOR is because we do run the 65's, and since IGOR can handle both, it was simpler to run one race client, rather than using VROC if we're running 67's, and IGOR if we're running the 65's.

Remember though, as long as someone at an event knows the IP of the hosting machine, you can hook up directly and not bother with the 65 mod, if you so choose.

BTW Tim, I'm assuming you did, but did you find the core.ini file? It will be in the Sierra/GPL root folder, and please remember that in an initial GPL installation, the file is named core.ini.sample, and you must delete the '.sample' extension to bring it into play...

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#25 Tim

Tim

• ADC
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:04 PM

yeah, I found the core.ini and set it up.. I think Im good to go. I havent had any strange disruptions in any of my vroc races as of yet so I assume there is no problem. Im actually not bad at all this computer junk, Ive made some GPL AI for fun etc., but its just that Ive never really setup any of this online stuff and have no clue what any acronyms mean such as lan, mdm and other internet jargon. I appreciate all your help

#26 Tim

Tim

• ADC
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:06 PM

Oh and before I get too into the club I should make one thing clear. I have, unfortunately, a 56k dial-up and a god awful one at that, so if you have some rule against slow connections tell me:)

#27 GeNiE

GeNiE

Prodigal Son

• ADC
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Diving, Cycling. In no particular order

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:14 PM

No silly rules against slow connections. We tend to be 'average'.. If there are clubs mandating connection specifications, I could say they are 'elitist' to say the least Posted Image Posted Image
Ihsan "GeNiE" Gin

JSJ GPLShift utility : $0..
Contact Cleaner from RadioShack : $7.99..
Second hand GPLShifter : $30..
Braking down to Tabac with skipping 5th and 3rd gear in a P115 : PRICELESS

#28 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,217 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:28 PM

There's no restriction on dial-up use around here, Tim. But I might suggest that you do figure out how to slow your connection, actually. With dial-up, a connection speed of 28000 to 32000 is best...

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

Sim Racing Links