A Little Fun Thing

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:37 AM

I'd like to know what you think, gentlemen.  Should I remove the ones with neither a name nor a picture to give them another chance?

Don
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#62 just_pete

just_pete

• ADC
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:05 AM

Added...  though the picture is almost 20 years old, it's the only e-pic I have of myself.
Imagine that kid with less, more-grey hair, glasses and a few more pounds.

#63 Andi Cole

Andi Cole

GTR2/GTL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:37 PM

View PostDDodge, on Feb 17 2007, 04:37 PM, said:

I'd like to know what you think, gentlemen.  Should I remove the ones with neither a name nor a picture to give them another chance?

Don

If there is no name, yes, remove them.

Andi.
http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
Intel Core i7 2600K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 8GB Corsair Vengence, 250GB Intel 510 SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX480 SLI, 8800GTX. 2 x DVDRW. Win 7 SP1.Logitech Z5450, Zalman water cooling. Zalman Level 10 GT Case.G25 Wheel with ECCI pedals.

#64 John_Leonhardt

John_Leonhardt

Never Finds the Time...

• ADC
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Racing - This includes, F1, MotoGP, AMA Superbike, WSB, Rally Racing, ALMS, DTC, or any other touring car series, Australian V8's also ROCK....basically anything but NASCAR and NHRA. I'm not into either of those forms of racing.<br />I also like PC's, building, fixing etc... Motorcycles, Airplanes, Guns, hiking, camping, mnt bike riding and including my son in on almost any of these activities that I like. (Luckily he likse most of them too)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:56 AM

Ok, I'm in.  Thanks for the link!

#65 DenD

DenD

• ADC
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

Hi, I am in.  Thanks.

#66 Steelman

Steelman

• ADC
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:GPL ( natch).online and offline racing. Music(playing pedal steel guitar)..Fly Fishing and Fly Tying. Model Railroading ( currently in HO Fine Scale)<br />and stirring my Aussie mates :)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

Looks like I`m in too  :)

Glyn
(The slow old GIT trying to make like a  :gpler:  :huh: )
Posted Image

Start of GPLRank     + 195.697
UPDATED Sept.22-07 +124.972  Coming down slowly :)
Updated May 14th 2008   +121.852

( The hurrider I goes the behinder I gets )

#67 Gugge Hultman

Gugge Hultman

• ADC
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

I'm also in.... :D
Couldn't find any good pic., but that had to solve it for the time being...;-)

/Gugge!
Not Fast... But Furious!!

<<< 2 ADC win >>> -
GTR2 at Monza, 13/03/08
GTR2 at Nordschliefe 20/12/08

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, Asus P5B DLX/WIFI, Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 3000MB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS, Benq 24", Samsung 19" LCD Syncmaster 940BF 2ms, Hiper Nätaggregat ATX 580W, G15 Gaming Keyboard, Logitech G25 Wheel, Solberg Edition RacingSeat, TrackIR 4 PRO, Win XP Pro.

#68 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

My wife and a couple friends are trying to drag me to London in February. I'm the only one of the four of us who hasn't been there yet. I notice Stuart Bartosiak and Andi Cole live fairly close. I'm wondering if they -- or anyone else for that matter! -- have any suggestions for sites to see, places to stay/eat, and pubs. I've tried looking for some racing related places to visit, but can't seem to find anything closer than Silverstone. Any suggestions would be heartily appreciated. :)

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#69 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

Jim, as far as I'm concerned no trip to the UK would be complete without a visit to the Donington Museum. If I ever get there, it will be the first stop (Germany and the 'Ring come first, though  :P ) The greatest collection of single-seat racecars in the world. http://www.donington....com/index.html

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#70 Andi Cole

Andi Cole

GTR2/GTL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:32 AM

Jim, probably the closest to London would be Brooklands Brooklands

But there are several circuits such as Brands Hatch not far away. Brands Hatch

Not sure if there is anything left at Crystal Palace for the racing enthusiast though. Crystal Palace

As for eating, nearly every other shop has a coffee bar or restaurant if it isn't one itself  :)

A good place to start for somewhere to stay would be here Tourist board

Cheers.

Andi.
http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
Intel Core i7 2600K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 8GB Corsair Vengence, 250GB Intel 510 SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX480 SLI, 8800GTX. 2 x DVDRW. Win 7 SP1.Logitech Z5450, Zalman water cooling. Zalman Level 10 GT Case.G25 Wheel with ECCI pedals.

#71 catty

catty

Trevor Catt

• ADC
  • 660 posts
  • Interests:Arsenal football club, Cricket ,Sim Racing and Walking

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:01 AM

Just to add to Andi's list I would say Goodwood http://www.goodwood.co.uk/ would be worth visiting

Trevor :beerchug:

#72 Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe

• ADC
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:17 AM

Also the national motor museum which has everything from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to 2007 Supercars.  It's in the new forest which is just outside London and is a beautiful area in itself.

http://www.beaulieu....ntroduction.cfm

Hard to recommend bars, resteraunts etc as there are so many to chose from but there are many excellent ones so it's hard to go wrong.  Just pick up a copy of 'Time Out' magazine when you're here as it's the Londoners guide to being out and about and always stuffed full of great recommendations.

For non car related stuff it's hard to go wrong with the Natural History Museum.  The science museum is great fun and also Buck Palace is worth a visit (i was dragged round there by the missus and ended up being blown away!)  It's also quite fun just to generally wander round - The Embankment (for the river, London Eye, St Pauls, Tate Modern, Tower Bridge, Tower of London etc)  Park Lane (This is where all the car manufacturers have their flagship showrooms).  Oxford Street and Tottenham court road (for the shopping). Soho and Chinatown (for food and strippers :P)), Leicester Square and the West end are really buzzing at night. And don't forget a trip to Harrods in Knightsbridge where you can pay 10quid for a box of English teabags :P)

Edited by Darren Blythe, 30 July 2007 - 03:19 AM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fairplay Racing : Sim Racing Enthusiasts Community

#73 Mike X

Mike X

• ADC
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:evrything internal combustion!
    Clean on line racing with good sims

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

Cool to be able to put faces on all you racers out there!This shot was at a camp ground on the 25th for my birthday which explains the cake and facial bliss!
                                                                                                                                                                  non pseudo nomenclature: Christian Boucher

#74 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

:thumbup: Thanks for all the suggestions and links, Andi, David, Darren, and Trevor! :clap: Donnington is definitely high on the list for me ... but not for anyone else in the group. :blues: ... I know. I know. What kinds of "friends" are these, anyway!?!?! Donnington might be a bit far to drag the rest of them on this trip. However, I'm already planning a second visit that focuses on Scotch whiskey and racing throughout the UK! :punk:

The National Motor Museum looks doable; and I'll see how I can sneak in Goodwood, Brooklands, Brands, and Crystal. "Oh, look what's over here! Isn't that a coincidence." ;) All those sites that Darren mentioned are on everyone's list and should be included this time. I'm also hoping to hit some rock-n-roll tours, as well.

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

Sim Racing Links