• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Administration

Administration

• Mybroga
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:55 PM

MRC Penalty Guidelines

Every member of Mybroga Racing Club is responsible for checking the “RACE REPORTS AND COMMENTS” thread at the “Mybroga Motorsports” forum at
Race Reports and Comments thread to check the “Penalty” thread to see if they have been assessed a penalty.

If you are assessed a penalty and don't comply with the penalty ruling you will be DQ'd from the race. Failing to check the “Penalty” thread is no excuse.

If you are involved in an incident save your replay or download the server replay and check it out for yourself.

If you want to explain your position to the judges email the “admin” within 24 hours of the incident. He will pass your email on to the judges.

Once the penalties are posted in the forum the decision is final.

To download the server replay:

Go to the Driver Standings Page from the main MRC website , find your division , and click on the track you wish to download the replay from .

If you have a question about a penalty, first E-mail the Administrator and ask him.  Then you can complain in the penalty post from the race. Talk about it, or explain why you did what you did. Once the penalties are posted in the forum the decision is final.

To E-mail the administrator: mybroga@gmail.com

This address should be used if you have an accident to report that you would like to be viewed by the judges. Keep in mind, the administrator himself, does not make decisions regarding incidents, he just compiles each judges decision and then posts the results on the forum.

What violations should I report, and which ones shouldn't I report?

Do report:

T1 incidents
Shift R violations
Unsafe track recovery causing accident
Race warnings

Don't report:

Racing accidents

Just because we have 3 judges assessing accidents, does not mean they want you reporting straight forward race accidents. (ie. Lap 4, driver 1 takes out driver 2 heading into a turn) The rules are the same, we don't issue penalties to drivers for making a mistake while RACING .

If you have any other questions about penalties or the rules:

To E-mail the administrator: mybroga@gmail.com

#2 Oliver_Kloesov

Oliver_Kloesov

Mashed Potatoes are Yummy !

• Administrators
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:48 AM

Ollie's Addendum:

Conflict resolution.

So, you and somebody bumped into each other.  Bummer.  I've been a hitter and a hittee too.

Here's the suggested guidelines:

If you had a T1 incident (or even prior to T1):
1.  Get a good night's sleep!  Dream of winning the next race.
2.  Download the SERVER replay from the Driver Standings page.
3.  Examine the incident from multiple camera angles:  Your car, his car, roll bar etc.
4.  Present your opinion to the person you hit or you were hit by.  NICELY!  :)
5.  If you need a second opinion try asking the guy who's winning your division.
6.  If you need the Track Marshall (our judge) to make a decision and possibly hand out a penalty then PM the Track Marshall.  I want the Track Marshall to ask "Have you seen the SERVER replay?"  If the answer is no, then he will not be making a judgment.

The above guideleines apply to T1 or prior.   On rare cases they apply to inappropriately re-entering the track.  They will almost never apply to racing incidents.  Yes, even if he fell asleep and blasted you from behind.  We've ALL made silly mistakes.  Next time YOU will make that silly mistake and take a guy out.  And you'll feel bad.  Just like the guy who took you out feels bad.
Sticky Team BRM S13 Speedy Cup

Musarama => Matra
Eagle => McLaren
Cooper => Lotus 63

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Strider

Strider

• Mybroga
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

I just read the results from the Div. B race concerning Andres jump start. I have no ill feelings toward Andres and only wish him well. I happen to like him. The point is, he broke a rule and GPL DQ'd him. I saw it on the results, as did others. He said he didn't see his pit board but wasn't it changed and not tested before the race. Besides, not seeing the pit board is no excuse.

Now, he can keep his 3rd place finish, good for him, but what about the other people in the race. Those who thought they finished in a certain spot are dropped down one place all because he didn't gain any advantage. The rule of GPL was broken, take your medicine and move on. Unfortunately a Pandora's Box has been opened. The rules no longer apply, if one person decides to interperate it differently. Rules don't cover intent or 'what if' scenarios. They state what is right and what is wrong. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. This makes two times this season that rules were stretched based on 'well nothing bad happened'. I contend that the rules are no longer valid and we can do whatever we want. Why not? There's a good chance you won't get penalized for it anyway. MRC has become just a mob.

You can call this a rant. You can disagree with me and say I'm crazy but none of that will change my mind. I'm not sure I am fit to be in this league, because I believe in rules and applying them. To everyone.

I'm done with this subject and now I going to think about my desire to stay here. Am I mad? You're F****** right I'm mad and nothing now will change that. Even if Andres decides to take the DQ, nothing changes because the offer was made soften his mistake.

Dick
R& R Racing

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride! "

#4 HoracioOstoich

HoracioOstoich

• Mybroga Admins
  • 4,602 posts
  • Interests:family cars golf gpl

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

dick we want YOU here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are a great mybrogite!!  :beerchug:  :D

take it easy please!!!!!!  :trink4:

we are discussing some thoughts and racing against all but first of all we are friends!!!!!  :gpler:  :beerchug:

talking we can take good decisions!!!!!  :)
MYBROGA THE LEGEND IS ALIVE THOSE MYBROGERS ARE GOOD

#5 Oliver_Kloesov

Oliver_Kloesov

• Administrators
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

Well Dick there's the rub.  Here's my rules:

1.  Keep it fun
2.  Enforce the rules
3.  When in doubt, refer to Rule #1

AP benefitted about 3 inches from his jumped start.  There wasn't outrageous moral outcry from the Div B masses to keep him in 13th.  Hey, if I go on precedent, the same thing happened to me in S5 and I was DQd with no questions asked.  I've already said that I'm not necessarily bound by precedents past/present/future.  Am I a little slipshod?  Sure!  Do I stick to rule #1?  You bet I do.

Is this simulated racing -OR- is this fun league racing?  If this is simulated racing we have lots and LOTS of changes to make. We have to go to Pro damage at 100% length.  We have to introduce finances.   We have to have a Team manager and team orders.  Oh, and no more fantasy tracks, and heavy usage of Papy tracks.

I know I sound a little sarcastic but I'm not trying to be.  I've always respected your well thought out inputs.

Fun  :banana:  Fun  :banana: Fun  :banana:  Fun  :banana:

Musarama => Matra
Eagle => McLaren
Cooper => Lotus 63

#6 Oliver_Kloesov

Oliver_Kloesov

• Administrators
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

So, yes, I am reinsituting a 3 judge panel for Oulton Park and beyond.  (As long as they are ready.)

I hope WE like them I dunno.  I've already told them i'm going to stay out of their business.  They may hand out more penalties than the one TM and I have been giving out.  We'll all see together.

Cheers,
Ollie

Musarama => Matra
Eagle => McLaren
Cooper => Lotus 63

Sim Racing Links