Mrc Gpc79 Rules

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

----------------------------------------
MRC GPC79 Rules and Regulations
----------------------------------------

RULE #1

Have alot of fun and make new friendships that will last a lifetime ! MRC has been here for , my god , almost 7 years . In that short time , I've met so many people , some stay and some go , but it's been a blast all the way . In the GPL league , we set down some basic rules that would let us race , and if something happened , we knew exactly what the penalty was , and there was never a confused discussion about what should be done and so forth .

Read the following through at least once , it's pretty much stuff you all know already , but there's some new things included as well . And , when you get to the end , and still love MRC , Let me know if I've missed something obvious and I'll get on it asap .

Thx alot guy's and have fun !!

CA

------------------------

The Turn 1 , or known from here on in as " Lap 1 Gentlemens Conduct " ( L1GC ) rule .

If on lap 1 , or in the pre designated " Red Zone " area posted by the league admin for that race , you make contact with another driver , causing an incident which forces a driver to :

i) Lose control of his car and spin
ii) Run off the track
iii) Lose a part of his car.

The L1GC Penalty

-----------------------

Incident case #1 : No damage to Victim : 40 kg weight , Guilty driver can qualify .

Incident case #2 : Damage to Victim , but he carries on : 40kg weight , Start from the back of the grid at next venue with no qualifying allowed .

Incident case #3 : Victim is out due to damage : DQ for that race , 40 kg weight , Start from the back of the grid at next venue with no qualifying allowed .

Incident case #4 : Any lap 1 contact with a driver in the guilty drivers following race after an incident , which causes the victim to leave the race due to damage , and the evidence points to absolute fault , DQ for that race and suspended for the next race as well . Basically , do not cause problems 2 races in a row .

-----------------------
All L1GC incidents will be scrutinized closely , with no favoritism to any one driver . If the incident in question involves the Track Marshall directly , the Second Track Marshall will step in to make the proper assesment . Incidents which are caused not by the driver behind , but by the driver in front will also be included in the L1GC rule .

This could mean losing control of your car and spinning on track , causing problems for drivers behind . If anyone comes into contact with a car out of control , the driver out of control will be penalized .

---------------------

Track Cutting ( TCV )

A track cutting violation ( TCV ) occurs when a driver is in full control of his car , and is purposely using a part of the track that is not meant to be driven on , to gain an unfair advantage over other drivers . This could be a laptime advantage , or position advantage .

The old standard , keep 2 wheels inside or on , the white line or otherwise designated area applies completely here . Kerbs , which run along the edge of the track , are not considered to be the edge of the track , and therefore , you need to have at least 2 wheels on the tarmac when using kerbs . Run off areas , that are too either side of the white line , or otherwise designated area , are not to be used for racing . They are there for safety reasons only .

Ofcourse , in a situation where the driver is trying to avoid an accident , or is pushed outside the tracks limits , or accidently cuts the track purely by accident , this will not apply . We're basically eliminating any advantage someone could gain from driving outside the designated track surface . If you feel you cut the track and gained an advantage as far as a qualifying laptime goes , slow up so the lap is null .

Lastly , on your outlap , it sometimes becomes practice to cut the last chicane , or take a wider , illegal line before your timed lap begins . This is not a practice we wish to see here at MRC GPC79 . Stay on the track legally at all times !

The TCV Penalty

Any driver caught by the Track Marshall , or reported by another driver to the Track Marshall , to be cutting the track , will be stripped of any points he makes in that race .

If you have a question about a particular part of an upcoming track , ask the admin for the outline on that section . But I think it's pretty straight forward .

---------------------

Chatting During the Race ( CDTR )

Qualifying Chat

Chatting during qualifying should be kept to a minimum . And since we have the option to turn incar chat off , we're not going to be strict on this for the qualifying session . But use common sense and try not to hold lengthy conversations while qualifying is taking place .

Race Chat

When the green lights flash to begin the race , all communication between anyone on the server stops as far using the chatbox is concerned until every driver is finished that race completely . Chatting is a major distraction for all the other drivers in the race , and will not be tolerated at all . If you've been taken out of the race , and feel the need to express your anger about the situation , use the forum , but please , walk away and take 10 minutes to think about it , and , even , watch the replay before you start ranting .

If you've missed your opportunity to get onto the starting grid , enter your pit stall , drive to the pit limit line and wait for the green light to signal that you are able to join the race . This will take place after the warmup , and after the official race start . You will join the feild in last position .

Absolutley , at no time , is anyone to use the voting option . The voting option , as far as MRC GPC79 is concerned , does not exist . That is for public race servers , not league racing . Voting will be considered chatting and subsequently be assesed the same way .

For any drivers wishing to make sure they do not get the chatbox on their screen during the race , or any other session , see this post on how to eliminate it completely . Turning Incar Chat Off

The CDTR Penalty

If you've made a CDTR violation , you will be suspended for your next race , and start from the back of the grid at the following race you take part in . Chatting and Voting , during the race itself will not be tolerated by the MRC GPC79 League .

Practice races during the week ofcourse do not apply .

---------------------

Racing Etiquette

Pit out

When qualifying , it's the responsibility of every driver to behave in a professional manner towards his fellow drivers . This means yeilding completely to oncoming traffic when you begin your outlap . Make sure the track is clear before you speed off out of the pits , and take the preffered line . If an oncoming car is seen in your mirrors before turn 1 , slow and move to the opposite side of the preffered line until it's clear to you that nobody else is coming . If we all practice this safely , no problems should arise .

Warmup Lap

The lead driver on pole position sets the pace for this lap , and all other drivers should wait until the car in front of them has left , before they begin . The lead driver should try to keep a constant and safe speed throughout the lap . If a driver does lose control of his car , it's his responsibility to make sure he makes it to the grid , or the pits . The warmup lap will not be restarted for any reason . This includes a situation where driver 1 , hits driver 2 on the warmup lap . If driver 2 is unable to continue because of damage to the car , regardless if he can make the pits or not , driver 1 will be penalized with a 1 race ban , not including the race in which the incident happened . He will also forfeit any points he might make in hte race the incident took place .

Take your time , warm your tires safely , and show common sense . That's all .

Remember to map a key for your ignition . This will save your engine from overheating . When you arrive at your designated grid spot , approach it carefully as not to go past , then trigger your ignition key . Make sure you are in Nuetral so that when the start sequence is about to begin , your engine will be automatically started for you .

The Beginning Of The Race

With the L1GC rule in place , it's imperative that we all use caution and sound mind when that last set of lights go green . Do not attempt a manouver that your not sure will work without disregard to safety , and disregard for your fellow drivers . Putting yourself at risk is your option , but putting your fellow league drivers and friends at risk is stupid and selfish .

Stay In Your Lane !

Unless a spot beside you opens up , and it's clear that you can pass a car safely without putting a driver behind in jeopardy . Other than that , stay in the lane your driving in , to avoid any problems . The L1GC rule is unforgiving , so please be careful and take care that your attempting a pass or lane change safely .

Recovering your car from off track

If you've spun off the track , safely returning to the track is a must . The track needs to be clear before you attempt re-entry . If you throw caution to the wind , and a driver behind you ends up rear ending your car , you will be penalized . Any points you earn in that race , or the following race will be stripped .

If your car spins on the track , and there is oncoming traffic . Remain still and let the oncoming traffic pass safely . If someone hits you while you are stationary , that will be deamed as an accident . However , for anyone spinning their tires trying to recover while on track , with oncoming traffic , get's hit by another driver , you will suffer the same fate as the driver mentioned above .

Getting Lapped

I have yet to see a problem with back markers not moving over . So let's keep it that way , choose a safe area to move aside as safely as you can and we'll all be fine .

Failure to move over for a car lapping you will result in a penalty . Even though I can't see ever using this penalty , we better have one in place incase the need arises . If a lead car is trying to get by , the lapped driver has 2 corners and 2 straights in which he can move over to let the car by . After 2 corners and 2 straights , he has still not moved over , or slowed for the car to pass , he will be starting from the back of the grid his next race .

Hold your line if the car lapping you is right on you , and slow so it's safe to go by . Do not make any sudden lane changes , let the driver pass you , where you are , or , move off the prefferred line ahead of time so he can safely speed by .

Final Notes On Penalties

Although we have penalties setup for the first portion of the race , driving with respect for each other is something we need to practice for the entire race . If a driver is pointed out to a Track Marshall to be driving eratically , or unsafely , the incident will be reviewed . The driver could recieve the following , depending on the severity...

i) Start at the back of the grid for the next race
ii) Lose points for that race , and his next race
iii) Be banned for 1 or more races depending on the severity of the incident .

Last Notes

Have fun guy's . Writing all these rules into place is no big deal , but actually handing penalties out sucks . So make it easy on all of us and race clean , like the car your driving is real , and your friend beside you is also driving a real car . In the end , we'll have more fun knowing that we're a clean league that enjoy's racing the way it was intended , rather than a bunch of sunday afternoon wankers going balls to the wall every week. This is the reason we started a league in the first place right ? Treat the league with respect , and treat each other with respect , and we'll all be fine .

Remember , if accidents do occur , that they are just that , accidents . Nobody is out to intentionally ruin anyone elses race . So rest assured that the driver that may have caused you grief is definately sorry for his mistake immediately . There is no need for finger pointing or ranting . Accidents do happen . Remember the no chat rule is in effect for the entire race including accidents . If your forced out of the race , leave your PC and relax before you go into the forum and say some things you may regret later .

We're only human , well i'm almost , but most of you are , we make mistakes !

That's it for now , If we've forgotten a situation that requires some outlining , please don't hesitate to tell us ok .

Cesare Ascari - Track Marshall #1
Mike Bennett - Track Marshall #2 ( To be used if Ascari is involved in an incident )
Andre Cunha - Track Marshall #3 ( To be used if both Ascari and Bennett are directly involved in an incident )
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#2 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

Mike Bennett - Track Marshall #2 ( To be used if Ascari is involved in an incident )

Wha?  Huh?  Did you need a volunteer?  Everyone else take a step back when I wasn't looking? LOL!  Actually, could be fun...muhuhahahahahaa!

All in all everything looks fair enough.  <s> Penalties could be harsher!! </s> LOL!  

/pricks finger...

Where do I sign?

#3 Andreh

Andreh

• Mybroga
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

Cant you see the beauty of this Mike? You will only be called to whip somebodies butt when CA is involved. Do you know the Baboon, that red assed monkey?  :headbang:
"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari..." Gilles

#4 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hehehe , I knew I should have closed this thread when I had the chance !

:D
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

Posted Image

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

terrific Cesare! nicely done, and easy to comprehend~
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#6 Borne Helling

Borne Helling

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on Mar 18 2007, 02:56 PM, said:

terrific Cesare! nicely done, and easy to comprehend~

Agreed!  Now who is going to do the translation for our brethren from the south land?

#7 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

I've made some changes to a couple rules .

Glenn Titan pointed out some things that made good sense , and I've adjusted the following....

The L1GC Penalty

You will be penalized by losing any points you make in the race the incident occured . Secondly , you will be starting at the back of the grid for your next race , and suffer a weight penalty as well .

This was changed so the penalty is served immediately after a race , without waiting a race or two to recieve a penalty from a previous race . Made good sense .

Track Cutting ( TCV )

The old standard , keep 2 wheels inside or on , the white line or otherwise designated area applies completely here . Kerbs , which run along the edge of the track , are not considered to be the edge of the track , and therefore , you need to have at least 2 wheels on the tarmac when using kerbs . Run off areas , that are to either side of the white line , or otherwise designated area , are not to be used for racing . They are there for safety reasons only .

Any driver caught by the Track Marshall , or reported by another driver to the Track Marshall , to be cutting the track , will be stripped of any points he makes in that race .

As Glenn has raced F2 professional , I'm taking his word on this as gold . Some Sim leagues have different views on Kerbs and what you can and can't do , but I think this keeps things simple and effective .

Thx for the tips Glenn :thumbup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

Posted Image

#8 Ricardo Werther

Ricardo Werther

• Mybroga
  • 944 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:57 PM

Mommy, I'm scared...  :weeping:

Nice rules, my precious.

RW
Posted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image

#9 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

CA,
I saw someone leaving the pits in Oulton...during the race...
Can we PIT IN during the race?
Can I star with half tank and re-fuel during a pit? :P
Sorry to ask...I dont remeber the exact rules for that..
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#10 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

Well, you can pit for wing replacement, and maybe small repairs, but they won't give you any fuel. There's a setting you should check as well that will make sure they don't take your fuel out !

Can't remember what it is..., anyone know what he should check for that ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

Posted Image

#11 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

Would it be in the Player.ini file?
..and CA: Im having trouble to enter Nords-VLN at MRC ... when I try to enter, I get a CONNECTION LOST message, and it throw me back to racecast..by the way, Ive installed the v1.2 with the v1.21 AIW-FIX...is that correct?
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#12 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

I'm sure that was me pitting....All I can say is my pit crew sucks a&&& bigtime! :moon: ...Had major front end damage with a tire totally locked up and what do they replace???!!..My rear differential!!...They're all looking for another job today.. :P
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

Larry, I think you pitted at the Car Care Center I usually take my VW Golf to !!!
...it sounds familiar.... :bash:
Do you know where is the setting for NO-UNFUELING CA is talking about?!?
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#14 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

Hi Piket,

The setting to change so the crew doesn't take all your fuel out is in your D:\Games\rFactor1979\UserData\Cesare Ascari\Cesare Ascari.PLR file.

Look for this line :

Race Stint Offset="1" // Offset each scheduled pitstop in case you want to carry extra fuel

Make sure you have a 1 there and you'll be ok.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links