#1 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

Not how i wanna celebrate a birthday...

Was driving well... in 11th place... looking good...

went wide in turn 9.. ran over grass... and got stuck in a invisible wall...

Talk about rage quitting!!!
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will (usually) premiere Saturday at 11pm GMT

#2 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:34 AM

fairly boring for me.. i miscalc fuel by 1 usg...and had to ease off at 3/4 mark of race
qual 8
fin 8
the important THRILL for me was i didn't get a screen freeze!

the BoRaceMachine just didn't have the pace today.. even had i started w/ the right amount of fuel ~
grats to podium

off to France and remembrance of Darren :)
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#3 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:54 AM

Well an event less race for me also, like Bruce , after the melee at turn one, which left George on the grass, I managed to pass a Ferrari that had to slow, with the exception of George charging past, at about half distance, I was never going to race him , too quick for me, my race was over, just had to get it to the finish, glad to have achieved that, may not get to Reims, a few days in Belgium on the motorbike is calling to me.
                                       Regards Tim.

#4 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

This was a great track for me in the weeks leading up to the race. It flowed beautifully, a lot like Tucuman. Nearly every day brought a new PB, almost touching 1:56 (an 85% percentile in GPL rank for the Cooper). And so it went, right up to my qualifying laps, when I turned a mid-58 in the first few minutes, then blew up the motor. I was utterly disgusted. This is at least the third time this has happened recently. I wound up 9th on the grid, just behind Bo and Tim and a tenth or so ahead of Roberto.

The team's treasury has needed more attention than good finishing positions recently, so I tried to settle in, drive peacefully, and let attrition do its usual work. I did manage to move up a couple of positions but never really raced anyone except Bo, my teammate, for a couple of laps. My Cooper was not going to catch Rudolf's Ferrari for 6th overall unless he made a mistake. He hasn't been making a lot of those lately, so I just aimed for the finish line as gently as I could. I do love this place, even in the old Coop.

#5 Mateusz Metz

Mateusz Metz

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Muay Thai

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

Yesterday I thought about bailing on this race, because I wasn't feeling this track at all, I had troubles finishing AI races or driving 20+ laps.... or even getting through T1 with AI cars acting crazy.
But I've decided that if I practiced it for two weeks, I need to at least try. So my aim was to be very, very careful during first laps and finishing this race, racing with my own attention span.

I qualified 2-2,5 seconds of my PBs, but I was happy about it.

T1 went good, but I lost positions during first laps. I felt very off-rhythm, so I was driving like a real geezer ;) But then at least I've developed some rhythm, I retook one lost position by overtaking one Honda (D. Nicky?).

I thought that I will manage to catch Bob Holada's Honda too, because I felt if I pushed, I had the pace to do it... but one mistake in the Esses reminded me that I really want to finish. He was also far more consistent with his pace. So I eased off again.

Then I had some blue flags with Lotus, Rarri and two cars fighting each other really closely, my yielding was't optimal, but I hope that they had a comfortable pass.

At the end, I've finished the race... like an idiot in a hay bale next to the 90', around lap 21-22.
It's a progress from the last race (finished on lap 1, turn 1), but I'm a bit frustrated haha ;)

Edited by Mateusz Metz, 31 August 2019 - 12:04 PM.

#6 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,727 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:01 PM

I did manage to finish, but this is pretty much as uncompetitive as I have ever been.  I figured a work-around for my shifter problem, but I am so slow it's depressing.

Don
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#7 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

That was - as always here at oAo - great FUN!
Very happy with my race. Very happy with the track. Very happy for your company :smilie4:
For me driving here with all you guys is still a great experience and it is getting better and better. My rookie season is really developing well. I am getting more and more confident. During the first races I was really nervous and anxious I could destroy somebodies race or my teams car.
But meanwhile my driving is better and I know my limitations and focus on myself.

The qualy was ok for me. I was rather sure that Tim would overtake me sooner or later. It happened very soon... I was prepared for a crashfest in T1 and due to a minor incident (good that George could continue) in front I was slowing down. Tim was inside and off. For the first two laps I was struggling a bit with cold tires and had Bo in the neck. Thank Bo for your cold blood and experience! There were maybe two-three situations where you could have tried to overtake me? However I managed to pull away. The Ferrari is a great car and my team provides me with great setups. (Robert's setups are also great and quick and super fun but in my case deadly).
Because of my Ferrari and my better qualy time I tried to put some pressure on Tim in his slower Honda. I could drive a couple of 1:58s but that was not enough. (Although I had an evil grin on my face :sly:  when I saw a Honda in the distance and I could close the gap but when I overtook him I had to face the truth that it was not Tim :rudolph: ) So I decided not to overdo it and slowed down a little bit.
Once again coins and points and no big mistakes.

Nearly forgot... CONGRATS TO Tames and the podium!!!

#8 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

Forgot to mention: Sorry for your bad luck on your birthday, Kayo!
What a pity.
I know the invisible wall very well either. Also got stuck there during practice. Therefore I was even more careful in that area.
Hope you still have a nice birthday. :beerchug:

#9 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:32 AM

Video edited and uploaded:

https://youtu.be/go5aW-6N3lE
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will (usually) premiere Saturday at 11pm GMT

#10 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:29 AM

I'm not in the mood to write race chronicles. But I appreciate being able to participate in them with all of you because it distracts me for an hour from real life, which is very distressing to me these days. Thank you for the friendship and the fun.
Thank you Bruce for this league.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#11 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:35 AM

Best wishes and strength, Claudio!
Well, my socks and shoes always match, is it luck?

#12 mcmirande

mcmirande

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:05 AM

All the best, Claudio!
Posted Image Posted Image

#13 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:04 PM

Thanks mates!
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#14 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:09 PM

Extremely sad to hear of your troubles Claudio. I pray you will find the strength to get through it.

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#15 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:04 AM

What can I say? Uh, I won! :-)
See you at Reims guys.

Sim Racing Links