14 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

Hi guys,

I have asked for Davidīs permission to post here about this subject :)

The point is: is any of you interested on running a GTP series with the AtlasF1 Legends League ??

We are still making plans for next season, to start after late in March, so there is plenty of time yet.

If you are interested, please post here and I will let you know how to join AtlasF1 for this GTP series.

It is still not clear if we will continue racing on THursdays (weekly races) or if we will move the GTP series on Mondays (bi.weekly races). In any case, post your day of preference please.

Thanks in advance,

Arturo
AP

#2 Robby

Robby

GPL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 782 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hi Arturo

Thanks for the invite.  A couple of quick questions.

Is this a team event, or solo?

And, I assume the race time is based on European time zones?  Maybe 2300 hrs. GMT?

This is such a great mod, I hate to see it just fizzle out   :blink:

:gpler:

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

View PostRobby, on Jan 29 2007, 05:02 PM, said:

Hi Arturo

Thanks for the invite.  A couple of quick questions.

Is this a team event, or solo?

And, I assume the race time is based on European time zones?  Maybe 2300 hrs. GMT?

This is such a great mod, I hate to see it just fizzle out   :blink:

Hi Robby :)

This is not a team event, but if teams are organized, we can also have a Teams Championship.

About the race time, on Thursdays, official practices start at 9PM EST. In the case we would move to Mondays, they would start around 8PM EST.

And btw, nowadays, I am AtlasF1 Legends League co-Admin, and I think there would be no problem if we could agree to organize a sort of ADC/AtlasF1 partnership to keep the GTPs going. More, I think this would be great  :)
AP

#4 mogwai

mogwai

• ADC
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:iRacing, long format Sportcar racing

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

View PostArturo Pereira, on Jan 29 2007, 11:46 AM, said:

Hi Robby :)

This is not a team event, but if teams are organized, we can also have a Teams Championship.

About the race time, on Thursdays, official practices start at 9PM EST. In the case we would move to Mondays, they would start around 8PM EST.
And btw, nowadays, I am AtlasF1 Legends League co-Admin, and I think there would be no problem if we could agree to organize a sort of ADC/AtlasF1 partnership to keep the GTPs going. More, I think this would be great  :)

Hey Arturo - I see you over at AtlasF1 quite often.  The membership to AtlasF1 is an expense worth having and I think running GTP's would be great.

My time is limited but it seems if enough interst is generated maybe it will be a regularly recurring weekly or monthly race?  I just hate to spend time practicing when only 2-3 people show up...especially with the GTP mod...which is brilliant.

Count me in - send me an email whatever...let's hope this works out...and i'll race as often as I can (which until after June 3, may be once or twice a month).

mog

#5 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

I'm interested as long as they're not endurance events. My old butt can't take it. :D Thanks for the post, Arturo.

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#6 Robby

Robby

GPL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 782 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:38 PM

Perhaps if you could give us more detail about the Atlas F1 League a few more folk might be interested Arturo.   :D

I kind of like the notion of a bi-weekly event.  Monday might conflict with the ADC GTL races that we run, so Thursday looks more attractive to me.  Not that I get a chance to race much anymore.

I'm kind of like Mogs, may have to miss an event here and there.   :blues:

#7 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

Good luck with the GTP league Arturo.  I'm concentrating on GTL and GTR2 now, which runs on Mondays and Thursdays here, so I'm not able to join you.
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#8 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for the replies guys !!!

I canīt give you more details because we are just planning next season, but we wanted to be sure we can have good turnouts, enough to keep things going.

If we consider our last season, we scheduled 10 races with open chassis, open setups, 2x pit stop frequency, 1 hour practice, qualy, 5 minutes happy hour, etc. Races lasted for about 50m to 1 hour. Points system is similar to modern F1, but each driver can add to the basic points 10 more points for completing the whole race. If that driver completes only 50% of the laps, he gets 5 points, no matter his final position. That is to say that the 10 bonus points are proportional to the laps completed, so the winner gets 10 + 10 = 20. With this system, everybody gets points, even if he finishes in 10th position.

We do not have  many more specific rules since we always try to keep things simple.

We also prefer real tracks so we never raced fantasy tracks in the past. We also have some traditions ;) so the last race of the season has always been held at Le Mans La Sarthe.

We would stay on Thursdays or move to Mondays depending on how many drivers can make it on each day. We also race at Oval with NR2003 on Mondays, bi-weekly, so we thought about using the free Mondays for GTPs so some of our Oval drivers can try roadcourses and bite the dust :D

If this is ok with you, I will open an specific thread at our forums (RSC) so you can follow up the developing of next season.

If you have any more questions, just shoot, and if you know somebody that could be interested, feel free to invite him at will. We want clean drivers and to have fun racing, so being an īalienī was never a pre-requisite to race with AtlasF1  :gpler:
AP

#9 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

View PostArturo Pereira, on Jan 29 2007, 07:44 PM, said:

... so being an īalienī was never a pre-requisite to race with AtlasF1  :gpler:

Not a problem here. :) I prefer Thursdays, also; and I know I'll need to miss at least one Thursday each month. When you get a thread going at RSC, can you post a link for us? We appreciate your thinking of us and putting in this time. :thumbup:

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#10 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hi guys,
I have opened a thread at the AtlasF1 SportsCars Division forum about the new season subject. Follow this link  http://forum.rscnet....d=1#post3359429 . And feel free to post your ideas/wishes/suggestions there.

Also feel free to check the whole forum for more information :)
AP

#11 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

Hi, Artie!  :)

I'd love to come back and give the GTP another shot.  After bowing during last year's run with ails, I'm in much, much better health now.  The only trouble is finding the time...dear me.

How's Mike doing these days?

#12 Oliver Carter #

Oliver Carter #

• ADC
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

I'd like to join you in GTP too, I drove several GTP WOSEC races. A great mod! :thumbup:

#13 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

Did I miss something? :blink: As usual. I haven't heard anything else about this. Has this started yet?

Jim

#14 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

Hi guys,

I have just arrived from my vacations so I will check the latest news about the AtlasF1 GTP series. I guess we will be ready to start the new series in a couple of weeks, but give me a day or 2 to check the forums.
AP

#15 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

Ok, we have released the plans for next GTP season. You can check them here

AtlasF1 Oval and GTP Next Season Plans
AP

Sim Racing Links