• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

Are we going to try to field a car for this race. This track is very fast about 1 min a lap and has a nice flow to it. There are details posted at WOSEC http://www.wosec.co....p?showtopic=131 I would like to race here so if you want to join me lets here it so we can get down to it.
After a re-install of the GTP mos and nr2k3 I still nee to check to see if I have every thing for the drivers profile set right. :)

Chuck

Edited by RaceFreek, 08 October 2006 - 08:09 PM.

Anger is one leter short of Danger

#2 Tom Studans

Tom Studans

• ADC
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

I keep signing up, then we keep not entering. :P

Seriously though, I hope we get more than 10 cars entered for this one.

#3 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:59 PM

I think I'm in for this one (though my recent record has been poor).  But we do need to build a base for Le Mans in November so, we should push this.  I'll have more thoughts on this in the next couple of days.   <_<
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#4 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

I just did a test at Riverside 1970 and it is a super track lots of grip and so so fast. I think I was at full tilt for most of the lap. Top speed of 206 mph fast lap of 1:05:272 and 53 laps on fuel.
I started out this test to see how hard the track is on the car and then realized that the damage was off. I was 15 laps in so I then decided to test the tire ware and put the hammer down. every lap was a try for a new PB. So now I know that the tires last for a fuel run of about 53 laps and right about an hour. The next test will have damage on and I will give it the same hell just to see what happens.

Here is the setup I used

I am very interested in this race  :gpler:

Chuck

#5 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

View PostRaceFreek, on Oct 9 2006, 01:48 AM, said:

I just did a test at Riverside 1970 and it is a super track lots of grip and so so fast. I think I was at full tilt for most of the lap. Top speed of 206 mph fast lap of 1:05:272 and 53 laps on fuel.
I started out this test to see how hard the track is on the car and then realized that the damage was off. I was 15 laps in so I then decided to test the tire ware and put the hammer down. every lap was a try for a new PB. So now I know that the tires last for a fuel run of about 53 laps and right about an hour. The next test will have damage on and I will give it the same hell just to see what happens.
Here is the setup I used

I am very interested in this race  :gpler:

Chuck

I tried Riverside tonight and OK, I'm convinced!  Can you share your setup Chuck?

#6 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

:D

View PostJames Legault, on Oct 11 2006, 01:14 AM, said:

I tried Riverside tonight and OK, I'm convinced!  Can you share your setup Chuck?

I thought that I had put it on the last post  :bash: It seems that I am not permitted to uplosd a file with that extension.

I will send it to anyone that wants it by way of email just let me know. :bash:

edit--->Well I ziped it and now here it it for real this time :)

Attached Files

Edited by RaceFreek, 11 October 2006 - 09:45 AM.

#7 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:34 AM

Chuck:

That's a common problem. The forum software limits the allowed extensions to protect itself. Just rename it as a .zip file and it will accept it.

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#8 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

View PostDavid Fletcher, on Oct 11 2006, 01:34 PM, said:

Chuck:

That's a common problem. The forum software limits the allowed extensions to protect itself. Just rename it as a .zip file and it will accept it.

Fletch

Thanks David,
I put the rar file up in the other post when I could have just stuck it in here. oops.

Chuck :gpler:

#9 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

Thanks Chuck.   :thumbup:  

It occurs to me that if Riverside gets any kind of turnout at all, its going to be a crashfest!  From T1 all the way to the backstraight there is no place to pass and if history serves, the fast teams show very little patience...   :soapbox:

But I'm game anyway.   :D

#10 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

View PostJames Legault, on Oct 11 2006, 11:57 PM, said:

Thanks Chuck.   :thumbup:  

It occurs to me that if Riverside gets any kind of turnout at all, its going to be a crashfest!  From T1 all the way to the backstraight there is no place to pass and if history serves, the fast teams show very little patience...   :soapbox:

But I'm game anyway.   :D

So James you and I are both in for this one, Tom, mog, anyone else. We could put both cars in and keep one car right behind the other for a blocker. lol Would be nice to get the team that is going to rum the 24 hr race together for practice run and get some of the kinks out.

I will be doing a 2 stop test to night with the damage and weather on this time and leave a report on how it goes. If I feel up to it I will do a 3rd stop just for good measure. :)

Chuck   :gpler:

#11 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

OK did the  2 hr test this after noon and was harder with the ai on the track. 107 laps on fuel and it was just over 2 hrs, I had to pit once to take care of some damage. Who just like the real thing lol. This should be a humdinger. :) I had 15 ai just to see what it was going to be like with traffic.

Chuck  :gpler:

#12 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

I guess Tom and I had better get busy then.  What kind of lap times are you running?

#13 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:14 PM

View PostJames Legault, on Oct 14 2006, 04:15 AM, said:

I guess Tom and I had better get busy then.  What kind of lap times are you running?
Fast laps are in the 1:05's and an average lap of mid to high 1:06's.

Chuck :gpler:

#14 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

Are we singed up for this yet or are we not doing this anymore?  

Looks like this is the last season of NR2K3 GTP and the WOSEC will be making a change to rFactor after the 2006 La Mans race. They don't know what mod they will be using yet but I hope that the Group C is out by then:)
I hope to keep racing in the endros with the ADC. :) Because this has been the funnest group of guys that I have ever raced with.

Chuck

#15 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:14 PM

View PostRaceFreek, on Oct 20 2006, 09:42 AM, said:

Are we singed up for this yet or are we not doing this anymore?  

Looks like this is the last season of NR2K3 GTP and the WOSEC will be making a change to rFactor after the 2006 La Mans race. They don't know what mod they will be using yet but I hope that the Group C is out by then:)
I hope to keep racing in the endros with the ADC. :) Because this has been the funnest group of guys that I have ever raced with.

Chuck

Stick a fork in it Chuck.  She's pinin' for the fiords.  I checked the WOSEC forum and no one has registered for Riverside.   :(  

I hope that Le Mans goes forward but with Gareth currently indisposed  (and all the best to him and here's to his return to good health  :beerchug: ) we'll just have to wait and see.  Hopefully the event will carry on.   :)

#16 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

View PostJames Legault, on Oct 22 2006, 02:14 AM, said:

Stick a fork in it Chuck.  She's pinin' for the fiords.  I checked the WOSEC forum and no one has registered for Riverside.   :(  

I hope that Le Mans goes forward but with Gareth currently indisposed  (and all the best to him and here's to his return to good health  :beerchug: ) we'll just have to wait and see.  Hopefully the event will carry on.   :)

Should I put any time into the GTP's at Le Mans?   :bash:  :soapbox:

#17 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:38 PM

View PostRaceFreek, on Oct 23 2006, 06:29 PM, said:

Should I put any time into the GTP's at Le Mans?   :bash:  :soapbox:

Well, the plan is to hold an event and I'd like to run a couple of cars in it so, yes practice!  I am.   :drive1:

By all appearances, Gareth is back and running things again so I fully expect Le Mans to procede as planned.  As noted over at WOSEC, they are retiring the NR2003 Redline GTP sim after the November Le Mans race.  After spending considerable time with GTR2, I'd say that is an appropriate decision.  However, WOSEC will be running rFactor in 2007.  I hope we can find an endurance series to run next year and would be interested in everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Meanwhile, I'll be posting info about Le Mans soon.  Stay tuned...  :rolleyes:

#18 Tom Studans

Tom Studans

• ADC
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

James Legault said:

However, WOSEC will be running rFactor in 2007. I hope we can find an endurance series to run next year and would be interested in everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Stay with WOSEC. rFactor is going to be THE sim by next year, if it isn't already. The amount of mods in the pipeline is staggering. Plus, Virtua-LM are converting their Group C mod for rFactor, so we'll get the same cars (and more) with dynamic lighting, and possibly (by then) weather changes.

#19 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:07 AM

A switch to rFactor would be good. The fact that there's a large element of 'Flat-out 2' mindset (along with the prohibitive time-zoning) will rule me out I'm afraid.
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#20 Oliver Carter #

Oliver Carter #

• ADC
  • 648 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:29 AM

View PostTom Studans, on Oct 24 2006, 06:46 AM, said:

Stay with WOSEC. rFactor is going to be THE sim by next year, if it isn't already. The amount of mods in the pipeline is staggering. Plus, Virtua-LM are converting their Group C mod for rFactor, so we'll get the same cars (and more) with dynamic lighting, and possibly (by then) weather changes.

Is it possible to have driver changes in rFactor? Plus the netcode, rFactor GTR, GTR2 , GTL, LFS basically all descend from F12002 and EA and therefore have a bad netcode (try some other EA stuff online and you'll encounter same probs NBA Live, various RTS) which has been considerably improved since F12002 but still not nearly as good as 'ol Papy's.

Sim Racing Links