• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

I don't know how purist people in this league are, but I have a track.ini for this track which places the pits around Pflanzgarten so that there is no need to do a 9 minute warmup before a timed lap start.

I personally think that it's more realistic than the original track in GPL since in real life the drivers could make a shortcut right at Nordkehre to start a lap.

I think that the oAo server should have this modification for this track.

Attached Files

Bob Simpson
VOR GPL Race Series Manager

#2 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

thanks Bob... tell me if the server doesn't... but at one time i had it installed
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:22 PM

No, the server does not. It might be a case of renaming it to track67.ini or copying the [ pit_lane_0 ] section. I generally rename all mod specific track.ini files so they aren't used, since the OnlineGridTool utility only adjusts the track.ini file specifically.
Bob Simpson
VOR GPL Race Series Manager

#4 Ed_Cullen

Ed_Cullen

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

Thank You Bob :thumbs:

#5 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

I was watching a YouTube vid - some super car chasing another - and they stopped at an ice cream shop just off Ex-Muhle.

Attached Files

oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#6 mcmirande

mcmirande

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:57 AM

Thanks Bob!
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

I had also a track67.ini, which I had to rename in order to make this work. Works ok now. Tnx Bob

#8 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:38 AM

Just a quick question...

What (If any) are the rules related to an "in Lap". Do you have to complete a full lap before pitting or can you pull over and then go out again. If so any limit on how far you can go into your next lap?

Thanks in advance

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#9 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:23 AM

I just explained this to my team mates in private forum. I will copy and paste below:
===================================================================

When you join the server, you will notice that there are effectively TWO pit lanes. When you enter the cockpit in qualifying, your car will be placed on the grass to the right of the track just after the Pflantzgarten turn. Let's call this pit lane the "false pits." Starting from this false pits, you get several turns to warm up your tires before beginning a hot lap.

When you finish your hot lap(s), you must cross the S/F line, then dive into the "real pits"and stop before exiting the cockpit. Do not proceed to Südkehre or Nordkehre and then exit, or your session will be finished. There is plenty of space to stop in the real pits after crossing the S/F line, and since it's the Nürburgring, you will probably be all alone when you do it, so you are highly unlikely to put yourself or anyone else in danger. If you subsequently choose to re-enter the cockpit to turn more qualifying laps, you may do so, again starting from the false pits after Pflantzgarten.

In the D2 race, Shift-Rs must be performed in the usual way from the real pits.

Therefore, the false pits is used only as a starting point for a qualifying run, not for any other purpose. Be careful when entering the track from the false pits. Check your mirrors to confirm that no one is approaching on a hot lap. And if you are the person hot-lapping, be careful after Pflantzgarten to avoid cars exiting the false pits or warming tires after the false pits.

This is the only unusual feature to racing at Nürburgring. Everything else is done in the usual way.

Edited by MGL66, 16 May 2019 - 07:24 AM.

#10 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:23 AM

As usual, Michael is spot on and ahead of the curve for explanations :)
thanks!
i found out that the pit board "IS" in the normal pit box area, NOT the 'false pits'... so even if D1 drivers use the pitstop patch, they will have a pitboard to stop at, to re-fuel, in the 'real pits'
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

Sim Racing Links