Sachenring

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Is it just me or there is a glitch that moves the steering wheel after turn 2, and on the short straight before and coming downhill on the straight ? as if there was a bump but only felt with the front wheels... :Oo:  very annoying...

Edited by Aljones, 14 April 2019 - 02:35 PM.

" Racing is Life, everything else is just .... waiting "

#2 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

I've not noticed anything myself.

#3 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

I've got it in T1-2 and a couple of other places including the downhill between the bridge and  into the last corner. I had just changed my FFB settings in an attempt to fix another problem and the bumps turned up. I thought it was down to the FFB changes.

Unrelated to the above - what's a good time around here? Michele mentioned having a  WR here in the BRM and I read an old race report about Col just failing to go sub 35. I think he used to drive Honda back then but it wasn't mentioned in the race report. Is pole a 32/33 here in a good car? GPLweekly was down for grazers such as myself.

Andrew

#4 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Andrew. did you increased or decreased your ffb settings ?

#5 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

In theory I increased the FFB. I'm on an older Logitech DFGT and was trying to get some more feedback, force or otherwise. The wheel has some deadzones that make highspeed turn-in a bit of a chore so I changed what values I could in GEM. The bumps were noticeable after doing so.

Andrew

#6 D_J

D_J

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:41 AM

I expect pole in D1 to be around 31/32 ish. Depending on the chassi driven obviously. From there its hard to guess the spread downwards. Tricky track this , lots of places things can go very wrong. As always , survival is key..

#7 Ed_Cullen

Ed_Cullen

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:54 AM

Hey Andrew

The higher the value(FF Maximum Force) the (lower) the forces.
Strange how lower the number the wheel gets heavier.

As for times here us the Tailenders Qualy 2.35 to 2.40. Race avg times around
the 2.40 to 2.45

Good luck for the race mate.

#8 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

Thank you Ed,
When I read Dag's post I thought Kin Ell!! this is going to be a very long day. 2:40 sounds a lot better from my perspective.

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#9 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Since this track has so many tricky and dangerous spots I'm not worrying about how fast but how slow can I go and still do 75% of the laps.  I'm happy with 3:10 lap times.   I even use full throttle at a few points.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#10 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Bpb, 75% of 22 laps looks like 17 laps (16.5). At 3:10/lap, that will take you about 54 minutes. If you can manage that minimum, be sure you've got the pit stop patch installed and ready to use. Then you can come into the pit, get gas, and wait for the carnage to end. If you park it while you're 10th overall, you'll probably be 4th when the checkered flag waves.

In the last week I don't think I've done more than 11 laps without finding something to hit, usually hard enough to loosen up some teeth. :)

Edited by Pepe Higdon, 19 April 2019 - 11:49 AM.

#11 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:25 PM

this is a rally track better suited for 4x4.... it is tougher to go fast that Monacane :Eyecrazy:  so many places to screw up

#12 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,317 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:25 PM

I do expect D1 pole at least in the 32s, and probably 31s or even faster...D2 pole 34-35 depending on car (Francois?)

It's important here to use enough ride height in order not to bottom out (think Nürburgring). Also sometimes the outside line is the preferred one <heiterer blick>. And you have to deal with the bumps, basically the bump/transition at the backstraight downhill is the most risky one to overrev the engine, and the big bump before Heiterer Blick before the compression. You have to lift there or you will risk damaging the engine for sure...

It's a hard track, but it has good rhythm and is very fast. Not easy to lay down a clean lap here, let alone finishing the race. It's very important to keep the car on the grey/black stuff...

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 19 April 2019 - 03:26 PM.

#13 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:06 AM

I must be cursed. Qualified 3rd, felt good. Dan and Francois collided ahead of me off the grid, I was hit and spun around. Righted myself. Was hit and spun again.  Set off in nearly last place, three corners later, I got stuck in a hedge. Race over.

#14 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:18 AM

i told myself FINISH... t hen i qualified better than i hoped.. and COULD have shaved a second off my time of 44.03... but chose to slow and pit, rather than end up stranded on track.
5 laps in i'm in p4....and 'finish' went out the window as i started feeling 'racy'...  P4!?   and... off... RR ditch... sonavab.....
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#15 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:34 AM

The Deathring strikes again!
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#16 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,693 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Determined to finish, I made it only 6 laps.
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#17 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:00 AM

I crashed in the bales at the bottom of the long downhill on the first lap of qualifying, which only reinforced my dread of this track. The start was a mess but I got through it and managed to settle in with some slow laps by even my meager standards. The toll on the cars was predictable and quick. By the end of the 7th lap I'd worked my way up to 7th (from 14th) when I noticed 1/3 of the way through the next lap that I was down on fuel. Somehow I had managed to change the race fuel capacity (18 gallons) to that of qualifying (five). There was no way I could make it back to the pits. I parked it before Heiterer Blick. At least I didn't hurt the Cooper.

Edited by Pepe Higdon, 27 April 2019 - 10:12 AM.

#18 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

pole position but hitten at start by Dany .  1 lap later , Dany passed Niky's honda in the village climb , I followed but the Honda oversteered , go to the right and throwed me on a light pole . Upside down and race over .
That's racing but I'm afraid about the repair bill...  :wounded1:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#19 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

Being quick was certainly not necessary today.  My plan was no different than  some of the other D2 drivers  FINISH.  and a little luck I guess.  At the start I had to argue with Richard B. about taking last place.  I won and did two very cautious laps.  I hope I didn't put any pressure on you Richard.
Made my only mistake when I did a half spin on exit somewhere.  But no harm done. I then put it into auto-pilot and commenced to cruise.
One miscalculation was how much fuel I would need.  As the race was winding down I saw that I would run short. I had expecting to get lapped more often. So made a quick stop to fill the tank. I knew this track well enough that even when my mind wandered  I was still able to drive safely. And I hope we never come back.  Very happy with 6th. :yahoo:
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#20 daniel0099

daniel0099

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

Sorry Francois and sorry for others behind.
Although I practiced a lot my starts, the unexpected happened. Sorry again.
On lap 2, I crashed avoiding a car that decided to slow down right  in front of me while being towed.
To avoid that car I had to brake fast and move aside which caused my crash and ended my race

Sim Racing Links