Sachenring

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Is it just me or there is a glitch that moves the steering wheel after turn 2, and on the short straight before and coming downhill on the straight ? as if there was a bump but only felt with the front wheels... :Oo:  very annoying...

Edited by Aljones, 14 April 2019 - 02:35 PM.

" Racing is Life, everything else is just .... waiting "

#2 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

I've not noticed anything myself.

#3 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

I've got it in T1-2 and a couple of other places including the downhill between the bridge and  into the last corner. I had just changed my FFB settings in an attempt to fix another problem and the bumps turned up. I thought it was down to the FFB changes.

Unrelated to the above - what's a good time around here? Michele mentioned having a  WR here in the BRM and I read an old race report about Col just failing to go sub 35. I think he used to drive Honda back then but it wasn't mentioned in the race report. Is pole a 32/33 here in a good car? GPLweekly was down for grazers such as myself.

Andrew

#4 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Andrew. did you increased or decreased your ffb settings ?

#5 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

In theory I increased the FFB. I'm on an older Logitech DFGT and was trying to get some more feedback, force or otherwise. The wheel has some deadzones that make highspeed turn-in a bit of a chore so I changed what values I could in GEM. The bumps were noticeable after doing so.

Andrew

#6 D_J

D_J

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:41 AM

I expect pole in D1 to be around 31/32 ish. Depending on the chassi driven obviously. From there its hard to guess the spread downwards. Tricky track this , lots of places things can go very wrong. As always , survival is key..

#7 Ed_Cullen

Ed_Cullen

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:54 AM

Hey Andrew

The higher the value(FF Maximum Force) the (lower) the forces.
Strange how lower the number the wheel gets heavier.

As for times here us the Tailenders Qualy 2.35 to 2.40. Race avg times around
the 2.40 to 2.45

Good luck for the race mate.

#8 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

Thank you Ed,
When I read Dag's post I thought Kin Ell!! this is going to be a very long day. 2:40 sounds a lot better from my perspective.

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#9 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted Yesterday, 09:58 AM

Since this track has so many tricky and dangerous spots I'm not worrying about how fast but how slow can I go and still do 75% of the laps.  I'm happy with 3:10 lap times.   I even use full throttle at a few points.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#10 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Bpb, 75% of 22 laps looks like 17 laps (16.5). At 3:10/lap, that will take you about 54 minutes. If you can manage that minimum, be sure you've got the pit stop patch installed and ready to use. Then you can come into the pit, get gas, and wait for the carnage to end. If you park it while you're 10th overall, you'll probably be 4th when the checkered flag waves.

In the last week I don't think I've done more than 11 laps without finding something to hit, usually hard enough to loosen up some teeth. :)

Edited by Pepe Higdon, Yesterday, 11:49 AM.

#11 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:25 PM

this is a rally track better suited for 4x4.... it is tougher to go fast that Monacane :Eyecrazy:  so many places to screw up

#12 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,261 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted Yesterday, 03:25 PM

I do expect D1 pole at least in the 32s, and probably 31s or even faster...D2 pole 34-35 depending on car (Francois?)

It's important here to use enough ride height in order not to bottom out (think Nürburgring). Also sometimes the outside line is the preferred one <heiterer blick>. And you have to deal with the bumps, basically the bump/transition at the backstraight downhill is the most risky one to overrev the engine, and the big bump before Heiterer Blick before the compression. You have to lift there or you will risk damaging the engine for sure...

It's a hard track, but it has good rhythm and is very fast. Not easy to lay down a clean lap here, let alone finishing the race. It's very important to keep the car on the grey/black stuff...

Edited by Robert Fleurke, Yesterday, 03:26 PM.

Sim Racing Links