• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 Steven Scholten

Steven Scholten

GTR2 Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

No Shadows tunes here. Allthough Hank Marvin is sorta special for guitar players. And NO I don't like Eric Clapton. But Sting has some excelent music (together with some superb jazz musicians).
Actually our Sting tunes go down very well with the audience.

#22 Glen Field

Glen Field

• ADC
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:38 AM

Thought i would throw my picture in here as well...

Glen and His wheels

#23 Barry Webb

Barry Webb

• ADC
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:54 AM

Nice motor Glen Posted Image
Posted Image
Bong0 - Sponsored by Blondy

#24 Dennis Glaasker

Dennis Glaasker

• ADC
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:32 AM

Is it a RS500?
GTR 1&2 ADC Victories : 4                            
GTR 1&2 ADC Top 5 positions : 45                      
GTR 1&2 ADC Racestarts : 100                            
GTR 1&2 Scuderia Twente Endurances : 22
GTR Evo Scuderia Twente RC Series : 1
STES Season II final position : 5th
STES Season III final position : 9th  

Posted Image  

Posted Image

#25 Dane_Arnold

Dane_Arnold

• ADC
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:25 PM

Howdy!

I'm Dane Arnold, and running at a fresh 21. I am a Texan, born and raised, but my mother is a Tarheel and my dad is a Michiganer. I've had people doubt that I had spent my entire time in Texas because of my mannerisms and speech (go figure).

Posted Image

I'm currently a student getting his mathematics lined out before I continue with my education as a Mechanical Engineering major. My dad is making a name for himself in the Vette community with one car published in Vette Magazine and a few more on the way (one project can be seen behind me in attatched pic). I am a motorsports enthusiast, my Ultimate vacation would be over the season of the high-profile 24H endurance races in Europe. I don't plan to follow in my father's footsteps, but to blaze a trail of my own to possibly fill a niche that is empty in my area.

A Shot of Thumper, a 700+ HP beast of a corvette brewed up at my dads shop, and straight to the pages of Vette Magazine!
Posted Image

Just to say, Sting is awesome! Especially when you're out on a night of stargazing with a nice young lass and you've got the tops popped on the Firebird Posted Image
"It's this obsession everybody's got now that speed kills. It doesn't. Speed has never killed anyone.
Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you, that's the killer." - J Clarkson

#26 Steven Scholten

Steven Scholten

GTR2 Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:40 AM

nice wheels man (I prefer the classic though) Strange actually that Mark doesn't like Sting. I've rad somewhere that Mark plays Jazz himself and Sting has made some xcelent records with people like Branford Marsalis, Kenny Krikland and Omar Hakim.

#27 Karl

Karl

• ADC
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:12 AM

Hello,

I thought it's about time that I step out of the shadows and present myself to the ADC community Posted Image

My name is Karl, I'm 31 and live in Sweden. I'm currently running a car business with two friends ( Auto Village ), we're specialized in importing new vehicles from north america and to locate special (rare) vehicles from around the world.

Here's a picture of the three of us (I'm the funny looking bloke in the middle Posted Image )
Posted Image

I've done some Karting and the odd sport car race in the past, currently looking in to the possibility to run a full season in the Radical Prosport class for next year.

Other hobbies except cars and bikes streches from photography to gardening ( Posted Image )

So, there you have it. A pretty face to attach to my name Posted Image

Kind regards,
Karl
"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."Posted Image

#28 Wim Sjøholm

Wim Sjøholm

• ADC
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:25 AM

I love Radical, watch every race in the STCC series (all support classes). Have been doing it for years (at TV). Those Radicals looks like they are really funny to drive Posted Image

#29 Karl

Karl

• ADC
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:52 AM

They are "the bomb"! They have a tremendeous amount of grip in the corners, almost like a big kart. If you get the chance to test one, do it! you will not regret it Posted Image
"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."Posted Image

#30 mogwai

mogwai

• ADC
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:iRacing, long format Sportcar racing

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:00 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Dane_Arnold @ June 13 2005,23:25)]Howdy!

I'm Dane Arnold, and running at a fresh 21.  I am a Texan, born and raised, but my mother is a Tarheel and my dad is a Michiganer.  I've had people doubt that I had spent my entire time in Texas because of my mannerisms and speech (go figure).
Dane - whereabouts in Texas are you?

Wife, kids and I live just west of San Antonio (Helotes, in case your familiar with that area).

A 700Bhp corvette...that hurts just looking at it.

mogwai

#31 Dane_Arnold

Dane_Arnold

• ADC
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:54 AM

Mogwai,

I'm located in Lubbock to tell you the truth. I love South Texas, I spent a year at Texas A&M trying to do an aerospace engineering major and that didn't pull through. But I learned my lesson and regrouped.

My dad did some test runs in Thumper for the photographer and he said that thing hurts on acceleration. He couldn't get it to peel out even with bleach put down. The thing would spool up once and then it was off like a shot. Power stalling it wouldn't work either as it would just push the front tires down the pavement in full lock!!!

Heres a shot if you wan't to read the article on thumper.

Oh, those vettes above, not mine hehe. I own a BMW 533i (dead engine atm) and a 2000 Firebird V6, as the insurance here for anything in the V8 range is plain nutty for a student. I've got plans to use my firebird as a final project for my mechanical engineering degree. Turbochaged and road worthy/legal is my goal...
"It's this obsession everybody's got now that speed kills. It doesn't. Speed has never killed anyone.
Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you, that's the killer." - J Clarkson

#32 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] ]Sting has made some xcelent records with people like Branford Marsalis, Kenny Krikland and Omar Hakim
Yes Steve and I was appalled when one of my favorites (Phil Woods) appeared on that Billy Joel tune. Posted Image
Karl, 'bomb' had a different connotation down here Posted Image
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#33 Markus Müller

Markus Müller

• ADC
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:53 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Mark Casey @ June 15 2005,02:47)]

[b said:

Quote[/b] ]Sting has made some xcelent records with people like Branford Marsalis, Kenny Krikland and Omar Hakim
Yes Steve and I was appalled when one of my favorites (Phil Woods) appeared on that Billy Joel tune. Posted Image
Karl, 'bomb' had a different connotation down here Posted Image
Billy Joel tune? Sting covered Billy Joel? When? I haven't been following up since "Ten Summoner's Tales"; I still love "Dream of the Blue Turtles" "Nothing like the Sun" "Bring on the Night" (live) and "The Soul Cages" and (sometimes) "Summoner".
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Karl

Karl

• ADC
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:22 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Mark Casey @ June 15 2005,02:47)]Karl, 'bomb' had a different connotation down here Posted Image
Mark, I don't really follow you on this ( I'm not a englishman as you know) Posted Image

Kind regards,
Karl

#35 Andi Cole

Andi Cole

GTR2/GTL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:30 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Karl @ June 15 2005,09:22)]

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Mark Casey @ June 15 2005,02:47)]Karl, 'bomb' had a different connotation down here Posted Image
Mark, I don't really follow you on this ( I'm not a englishman as you know)  Posted Image

Kind regards,
Karl
I think you might have just started WW3, Mark isn't English either Posted Image

Andi.
http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
Intel Core i7 2600K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 8GB Corsair Vengence, 250GB Intel 510 SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX480 SLI, 8800GTX. 2 x DVDRW. Win 7 SP1.Logitech Z5450, Zalman water cooling. Zalman Level 10 GT Case.G25 Wheel with ECCI pedals.

#36 Karl

Karl

• ADC
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:33 AM

oops, Why do I always do this ? Posted Image

Kind regards,
Karl

#37 Andi Cole

Andi Cole

GTR2/GTL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:26 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Karl @ June 15 2005,09:33)]oops, Why do I always do this ? Posted Image

Kind regards,
Karl
Don't worry Karl, Mark's asleep right now ;-)

Andi.
http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
Intel Core i7 2600K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 8GB Corsair Vengence, 250GB Intel 510 SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX480 SLI, 8800GTX. 2 x DVDRW. Win 7 SP1.Logitech Z5450, Zalman water cooling. Zalman Level 10 GT Case.G25 Wheel with ECCI pedals.

#38 Karl

Karl

• ADC
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:51 AM

Ok, how do I delete my post Posted Image

#39 Andi Cole

Andi Cole

GTR2/GTL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:44 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Karl @ June 15 2005,12:51)]Ok, how do I delete my post Posted Image
You should see a delete button top right of you're post, but as I've quoted it that will still be here. Be afraid, be very afraid Posted Image

Andi.

#40 Steven Scholten

Steven Scholten

GTR2 Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

I always thought those Aussies were a bunch of Britsh convicts?
Anyone ever seen that great Monty Python sketch with the one guy who wasn't called Bruce like all the others? That's a classic.

Sim Racing Links