• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:01 AM

View PostCraig Hunter, on Feb 27 2009, 05:12 AM, said:

Geez! I thought I was the only one having problems with setups! Misery loves company!!! I like this track, used a setup Ha Maha that I got last week but had to soften the front end and stiffen the rear to get it to turn at this track. I almost ran into to Bo early on, just got caught out closing to fast and tried to duck under him ( expecting to slide past). Would have worked but Bo, big dummy that he is, still got in the way and we tapped. Had a brain fart late in the race overshot the hairpin for no reason what so ever, end of race. Wait until next week!

BO--JUST KIDDING-YOU'RE NOT A BIG DUMMY, ACTUALLY I DON'T KNOW HOW BIG YOU ARE.

now THATs funny!  best post race write up i've read since ... mine  :D
and Craig, i'm not very big where you'd be concerned, but my wife is quite happy ;)

on a serious note to the MARSHALS.. watching the reply, of our contact, you have to know what was in mind (besides air) at the time.  i saw Craig comin' house afire, and was pretty certain he wasn't going to make the turn with me sittin' in his line. he likely could have had i not been there. so assuming he'd slide thru the apex and make contact broadside, i slowed.....failing to calculate his hard braking to avoid a collision, and of course we touched.  

this is still not a complaint!  only an explanation from inside my helmet.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#22 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

View PostDom77, on Feb 27 2009, 10:34 AM, said:

CA offered me the BT48, Renault RS12 or Mclaren M28B go ask him. I think he has enough on his plate at present. I told him to give the the same offer to Jonathan Stiener.

Anything else? Im still running midback and you guys are running upfront and bitching about what car im in jesus. WTF? Whos we? Cmon come out of closet the we against Dom driving the RS12 Anyone else want to bitch about me driving the RS12?

well i'm one Dom...if i recall CA said before the season started, once chassis are assigned there would be NO CHANGING, for any reason.  if having made you the offer before the season, then the RS12 should have been your choice. why he would revise his pre season statement is disheartening to the backmarker.

its not about YOU in the RS12, its about ANYONE changing chassis - after the season began.

i still believe the 'system' of chassis assignment is flawed.  taking out the top 2 or 3 and bottom 2 or 3 does not level the playing field.

i'm also not one to point out a problem without offering a solution, as i've already done several times. the competitive nature of racing, wanting to start up front, and lead, often blinds the pilots that fill those spots, when it comes to fairness.

it may be more fair to the top tier drivers... but not overall when the league should be considered.

... and <big sigh>  i'm NOT upset, only disappointed that the solution can't be more obvious.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#23 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:21 AM

Dom, the problem is not you running a fast car. Another guy that stands a chance to fight for the lead, it makes this better!

But the point is, there are drivers that need a car switch, and they weren't offered that opportunity. So, if you have the chance to switch ride, most of drivers should. I'm totally satisfied with my Tyrrell, but some drivers are not.

For making this fair, we have two options: or giving the chance to anybody who needs a car switch to do it (making a big switcharoo fest in the process, like what happened on Season 4), or you get back to the Arrows.

I'm sorry man, but they don't have any guilt in your loss of interest on 79s, or the fact that you are not using a proper controller for racing. Some people was really pissed off because of this, it may seem not so relevant to you, but for the guys that are suffering with their cars on this season, it's relevant, very relevant.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#24 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

Gunny? Lotus to Tyrrell

Theirs one solution either run a Spec mod or something close to it like Cart 98.

Not using a proper controller for racing? Issue is me changing cars not what im using.
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#25 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

View PostDom77, on Feb 27 2009, 08:27 AM, said:

Gunny? Lotus to Tyrrell

Theirs one solution either run a Spec mod or something close to it like Cart 98.

Not using a proper controller for racing? Issue is me changing cars not what im using.

Really hate when my name comes up but the move from Lotus to Tyrell was to put me in a slower car and to even up the teams.
I didn't have a choice and it wasn't my idea to change nore was I complaining about me in the Lotus. The decision came from the top and I changed without complaint.

The season has 4 more races to go. It has been a pretty good season so hopefully we can try not to ruin it with pointing fingers and everything.

Chill out people, this is suppose to be fun!

Edited by Gunny, 27 February 2009 - 09:10 AM.

#26 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

View PostDom77, on Feb 27 2009, 08:27 AM, said:

Spec mode? How about: http://www.rfactorce...ail.cfm?ID=YUGO

Besides Formula 1 of 80's and Group A European championchip races like   did lots of influence to my racing interest. I started to line up the money to get me one when some gentleman decided it was a time to start war on Balkan...

If I got fired from MRC that is all what I will be able to drive.... go figure...

Edited by Adnan Dizdarevic, 27 February 2009 - 06:09 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

lol Adnan. I bet they have working horns in those. I see some of that Balkan mentality, waving arms like mad etc that I see in traffic every single day here. BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP budala!!!"#"¤ BEEPBEEP etc, you know? Hot temper... :P

#28 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

So where can I find this CART 98 mod. I think it would be fun to try it.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#29 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Ok! Found it under "vehicles" at rfactor central. It's listed as Cart Prologue. I've always liked Bobby Rahal so it was fun driving his car. They are qicker than the 79's and stick better but are easier to lose. Lots more setup options too! I think it would be fun to give this one a try.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#30 Richard

Richard

• Mybroga
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

That was my race to lose and I lost it.

I watched the replay regarding the contact between Gabe and I and from my car it appears he drove into me and from his car it appears I drove into him, this is the problem with rF replays. My point of view of the incident: Gabe bobbled significantly exiting T4, the left-hander leading to the kink, and I got got inside him early to take away the apex. The car's natural inclination is to drift out and though I tried to hold it in tight we touched and that was that. IMO he knew I was there and could have backed out and I knew he was there and could have backed out. Neither of us did. However the Stewards rule I will accept their choice.

PS: Kimmo does my setups and I find it very curious that I ran out of fuel with half a lap to go and he claimed the final podium spot. Though he continually claims to be a Finn I believe living on Swedish soil is starting to take its toll.
Richard Hylands
The Excitement Gang

#31 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

I think it was just a racing incident. Watched it over and over from several angles. This stuff just happens I guess. But the weird thing is that your car ran literally on me, then continued with no trouble. Did you type noclip in console before the start? :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#32 Richard

Richard

• Mybroga
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

I have no idea what cars we will be running next season but I do see the inherent problems in running this mod and trying to get all the car and driver combinations competitive. Wyatt proved that the Arrows is quick in good hands and I shudder to think how quick he would be with a little practice. I have to work extremely hard every corner to keep the McLaren on pace but I have been sim-racing a very long time and am also very lucky to have Kimmo preparing the car for me. There are no other mods that have the awesome feel and physics of the 79's and the sense of accomplishment that you get when you run up front is very rewarding. I think it really depends on where this league wants to go in terms of driver turnout and competition. One thing I do know is that turning up on race day with little or no practice means you will have a tough time unless you have the skill of people like Wyatt, who are just insanely good.
Richard Hylands
The Excitement Gang

#33 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

View PostRichard, on Feb 28 2009, 05:57 AM, said:

That was my race to lose and I lost it.

PS: Kimmo does my setups and I find it very curious that I ran out of fuel with half a lap to go and he claimed the final podium spot. Though he continually claims to be a Finn I believe living on Swedish soil is starting to take its toll.
:whistling: I asked you to take it easy in the beginning, so that I could have a chance to catch up, didn't I?  :3a:

Edited by Berko, 28 February 2009 - 02:49 AM.

#34 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

Use Motec Richard to calculate fuel :P
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#35 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:14 AM

The Spotter App. is very reliable as well.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#36 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

The way I do fuel testing is to put 5 gallons of fuel in the car and run it till it starts to sputter.
For Fuji I tested last night just happens to be  
5 gallons = 8 laps with the wings I'm running. If I change wings and like the settings I'll do another 5 gallon run and more times than not my milage will change a little.
I don't think I've ever run out of fuel in rFactor.

#37 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

There are many ways to calculate how much fuel you need. They all involve testing...  <_<

Edited by Berko, 28 February 2009 - 08:02 AM.

#38 Richard

Richard

• Mybroga
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

I simply did not add my usual 5-10L more to be safe. My own fault.

Gabe, when I watch the replay from my car I would swear that you drove in to me. Like I said, rFactor replays have to be watched from each car as I would not drive in to anyone just as I am sure no one would drive in to me.
Richard Hylands
The Excitement Gang

Sim Racing Links