Adnerstorp How Was Your Race?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

1.6 sec off in qualy. Expected. Green light do not work. Did not expect... Thanks for warning Dom but little late... Such unfinished tracks should not be choosen, but what do I know...
Car in front did not move, car behind did, left rear suspension bent... second race in row, from begining with damaged car... run off the track, bent it more...out.

Do not know about next ones...

Congrats to podium who ever it will be :beerchug:
Posted Image

#2 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yeah Adnan, that sucked. I was behind the car that was behind you that hit you that I then hit.. LOL :) My car seemed to fair ok, save for the fact the front tires were locking up quite badly on me. Was running 6th right behind Daniel and closing for 5th when I spun the car out of the last corner and hit the wall..

cya next week
Jonathan
I like to go fast................

Posted Image

Posted Image

J.Stiener rFRacing License

Current GPL rank:-52.051
Monster rank:-257.981
Challenge Rank:-25.472
Historic Rank: -8.075

#3 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

Either we redo the race at the end of the year or award half points. Perhaps use the GTR2 version of the track. If the top 3 guys agree we award half points only if we passed halfway mark. Guys move onto Watkins Glen track ive attached a TDF file for the cement patch fix. Each season we always have a buggy track its life of a simracer :P My race i couldnt keep up with the top 4 they were too fix for me hopefully i get more speed at Watkins Glen!

Edited by Dom77, 07 May 2009 - 07:57 PM.

Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#4 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

I like this track. I had fun while it lasted. On to next race. Congrats to all.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#5 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Well, my race ended very early.
I worked on a setup for a few hours and was feeling good. I got the tire temp fairly equal and had the car nicely balanced for a long run.
In warm up there were quite a few cars doing very close times, so I was looking forward to a nice run.
On the start I noticed someone asleep in a Maclaren and the field got all bunched in behind him.
I followed Daniel most of the first lap and then he spun just in front of the "Gislaved" tire turn.
I guessed wrong as to where he would end up, I tried to go around the outside and ended just ramming him in the side.
Sorry Daniel, My front wing was bent badly and I couldn't get the front to turn in.
After a few laps my left front was starting to fry and had to steer with the throttle to get around corners.
After a few spins I decided to fall on my own sword and stay out of everyones way.
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#6 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Well , that could have been a pretty good race , if i wouldn't have messed up the start completely. Now it left a pretty bad taste on my mouth specially when i read now that some other drivers had damage because of me.

My apologies to Adnan , Leo and Jonathan for the mess , i can't believe how wrong it all went.  At first i went just a fraction over my grid place and had to line up again , of course i had already stopped my engine so i needed to start it up again and move the car backwards those few inches. Then i stopped the engine again , but realized that start is probably just few seconds away and pushed the ignition key , that would have been ok otherwise , but the automatic start already kicked in at the same time and i actually stopped the engine while pushing the ignition button.  After that it was all too late , the lights went out and a pileup was inevitable.

Haven't been so ashame in a long time , my sincere apologies once again for the whole league  :( . Can't believe how bad it all went in the start , everything what could go wrong , did   :headhurt: .

Later on there were some good action but now it doesn't feel appropriated to cheer about that , so that was it this time   :frusty: .

--------
Samuel

Edited by Samuel, 07 May 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#7 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

That was fun while it lasted. Lots of fun. The start was a bit weird because it looked like Damian jumped the start, so I was like "and where the hell does he think he's going then?" I think I heard the horn when he was in T1! :D Anyway, Pablo passed me on the inside in T1 but then I let the big dog speak and I passed him on the straight. Was trying to chase Damian down, which was difficult because Pablo was giving me a real hard time trying to pass me in just about every corner, but not once did we touch! Amazing. Great fun that. Then a few laps in I saw Damian in the kitty litter comin out from the carusell and I didn't have to worry about chasing anything but my own tail. Samuel caught up to us really quick, I saw the fastest lap belonged to him really early on so I knew he was on attack mode. If only I could fight Pablo off until Sam caught up... I did, and he did. Now I knew Pablo would sweat a little as well, smack in the middle of a Finnish sandwich. So we were 3 cars nose to tail for a long while, I was faster down the straights, McLaren brakes a lot better and corners better as well, I knew I was providing them with a "bit" of tow which kept me honest I tell you. Wish you all had seen it, Great racing. Good laugh.

For me, Anderstorp is over and done with for this season. Not because I won, only half points anyway so a 5th in the re-run would be worth more, but it just feels like I have drained myself, like an athlete you know. Can't even think about doing the same again any time soon. So for me, on to Watkins Glen, a track everyone must have raced once or twice.

Congrats Sam for the 2nd place, first race here - awesome, and Pablo for 3rd. I don't know who finished where after that but I hope you all had a great time up until the server crashed!

#8 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

Dont worry about it Samuel, lights didnt help just make sure you practice at watkins glen by doing a formation lap offline :)I also had some problems on the grid had to reverse quickly after not lining up the car probably. Ive done the samething in another league not pretty!

Edited by Dom77, 07 May 2009 - 08:58 PM.

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!

#9 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the kind words Dom , but the really sad part is that i actually read the rules and the starting procedures , did 3-4 formation lap practices offline just to make sure i get the starting procedure right and to not make a mess  :down: . When i missed the proper line up , it just started a series of small mistakes which ended up in a big disaster.

I don't usually do the same mistake twice thou , but that's not much of a comfort to the guys who got the short end of the stick today. Hopefully i didn't discourage the motivation of those drivers who got involved , this was really unfortunate in every way  :wounded1: .

-------
Samuel

#10 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

No problem samuel keep your head up your a great addition to the league move on to watkins glen mate!

If this race is not classified you dont have worry about it. Usually we dont count points when theirs a problem we redo the race at the end of the season.

Edited by Dom77, 07 May 2009 - 10:30 PM.

REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL

#11 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:55 AM

I'll check out the server tonight. There has been alot of rain in my area for the past 10 day so maybe that has something to do with it?  Dunno. I will shut the server down and clean in out when I get home from work.
I'll have the next track loaded tonight.

Gunny

#12 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:28 AM

No problem Samuel. It can easily happen. I had myself problems to get renault on the way few times last season...
Let us move to Watkins Glen.
Posted Image

#13 Gintonika

Gintonika

S6 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

How was my race?

Awful

Horrible pace + disco...

Definately my ISP sucks

PD: Sorry Eric for the spin, I've took that kerb too hard and the rear end just snapped.., you hadn't a chance there as my car was blocking all the line.

Edited by Gintonika, 08 May 2009 - 06:18 AM.

Daniel Gomez
VOR Viper SRT-10 #530 (Art Design: Jake W.) THX!!
VOR Dome LMP2  #530
Mybroga '79 - Back in the champ winning #5 Brabham BT49, moahahaha!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

i think we should use half point, I don't like to repeat races. We did about 20-25 laps so i think its fine by giving half points.

race-wise: I couldn't overtake Kimmo ! It was impossible. After many laps, i got pressure from samuel, i went a little bit off and he overtook me. When i was coming back to overtake him (lol) , discoed. I thought it was my ISP, but then I found that Damian also was out, so looked up the race list and the server was empty. It was the server.. it was kind of a relief.

Edited by pflores, 08 May 2009 - 09:08 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links