Some Contemporary Mclaren M6B On-Track Footage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RLHofer

RLHofer

• Mybroga
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

A guy on a slot car forum posted a link to a video of this guy in his M6B at Road America(Elkhart Lake); his link was to another specific video. I like this one better because of the traffic aspect; besides, it's longer(time)... more "seat" time even if it is in our Walter Mitty minds.:D  I found it interesting how cautious he is coming up behind someone. I guess it's partially due to it being just a track day(or open practice) and not a real race. Besides, if I had such a sweet toy, I wouldn't risk damaging it... or anyone else. You can see he's got his foot in it a bit as he crosses curbs at apex and outside on the exit... a bit of traction loss and subsequent steering input to keep it pointed in the intended direction. He's moving along at a pretty good clip in some of those turns. Look offtrack at those fast corner exits and imagine not gathering it in quick enough on those exits and taking a fast, slick ride through the grass and... into the tires or armco. Dangerous playtime.

Edited by RLHofer, 11 August 2012 - 09:27 PM.

Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image

ex-MYBROGA - Division A
AtlasF1 Legends League GP Division

R & R Racing

Remember: Two wrongs don't make a right...... but 3 lefts do .... only you're one block over and a block behind!

#2 Strider

Strider

• Mybroga
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Tex. That's good stuff. I did, however, have to endure the ride without my first cup of coffee ( I failed to prepare it in time). I think I may just watch that again. Thanks.

Dick
R& R Racing

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride! "

#3 Patrik L

Patrik L

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Wow, what a ride! Loads of torque :) Looooong black marks after that right hand quirk at the back straight... And nothing but concrete to land in. Brave fellas. Thx for the heads up :)

#4 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

WOW!! Amazing stuff!! thanks for posting it Tex!!

here goes another interesting ride... Jim Pace & Predator Performance Lola T70 onboard at Road America Final cut HD

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 13 August 2012 - 06:20 PM.

AP

Sim Racing Links