A Little Fun Thing

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Monte Smith

Monte Smith

ADC & GPL Legend

• ADC Admins
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Sim-racing, and staying alive to do more Simracing. ;>)

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:36 PM

I'm sorry Bernd but I too have planted my face before I discovered the "zoom" feature and have two spots recorded on the map.

The correct one is south of the first and wrong one and is situated in the city of Brisbane on the Brisbane river.

Monte
Age is in the body---Not in the mind. (so far anyway)

#22 Stelvio

Stelvio

• ADC
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:42 PM

Bernd,
 Posted Image , made the same mistake too. Didn't discover the zoom until I placed my marker one state over( Nebraska). I put the correct one aleady (Iowa) and you can delete the one in Nebraska.

Claro
Posted Image
Claro Palma

#23 Dennis Glaasker

Dennis Glaasker

• ADC
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:19 AM

Done
GTR 1&2 ADC Victories : 4                            
GTR 1&2 ADC Top 5 positions : 45                      
GTR 1&2 ADC Racestarts : 100                            
GTR 1&2 Scuderia Twente Endurances : 22
GTR Evo Scuderia Twente RC Series : 1
STES Season II final position : 5th
STES Season III final position : 9th  

Posted Image  

Posted Image

#24 Graham H

Graham H

• ADC
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Pär Öqvist @ Aug. 31 2005,18:16)]Is Graham Haley from Norway??? I thought you where british Posted Image
Graham Healey lives in Norway.  Norwegian citizen too, but I guess one should say I am from Britain, certainly you can say I was British.

After living here over 30 years I have got a pretty good feel for what it is to be Scandinavian.  I have plenty of experience with Sweden and Swedes.  I have a very good Swedish friend who lives in Stockholm. Since June I have had a Swedish boss as the American company I work for has merged the Nordic countries with Germany in one organisation.

regards
Graham
Graham    Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Pär Öqvist

Pär Öqvist

• ADC
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

Wow did I get your name wrong again I thought I had fixed that Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Markus Müller

Markus Müller

• ADC
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:32 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Stelvio @ Sep. 06 2005,22:42)]Bernd,
Posted Image , made the same mistake too. Didn't discover the zoom until I placed my marker one state over( Nebraska). I put the correct one aleady (Iowa) and you can delete the one in Nebraska.

Claro
To add to the confusion of names and places, Stelvio why do you go by the name of an Italian pass when you are American?

By the way, I really like the Stelvio. Though the only time I rode up there it was rainy and really cold; I have to go back again in better weather.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Stelvio

Stelvio

• ADC
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:00 PM

Well Markus, I picked the nic when I started this sim racing addiction 3 yrs ago. As an avid cyclist & skier, it is a place I hope to visit at some point in the future. Being new to the online experience then, at the time I didn't want to use my real name Posted Image  . That changed when I started  racing in leagues and in ADC Posted Image , where people know both my nic (and GPL name) & real name. I still use the name in GPL, most forums I join, on GPL rank. Guess I like the idea of the place, the challenge and beauty of the mountain, the history... Posted Image

Not being a native-born American, I feel I can craft my online-identity to suit  my simulation experience free of the limits  of ethnic or geographic boundaries dictated by my country of residence  Posted Image     Sorry for being so long-winded . Posted Image

Claro
Posted Image
Claro Palma

#28 Markus Müller

Markus Müller

• ADC
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:38 AM

Hi Stelvio,

good to see we share more interests beside racing; I'm quite a cyclist myself, and I rode up Stelvio on my bike three years ago (in rain and 38 degrees Fahrenheit Posted Image ) and I go to the Alps every year for some serious uphill stuff. The whole Stelvio/Meran areais very nice, and I absolutely love the Dolomite mountains that are not far from there. If you ever go there, let me know, maybe I can give you some tips.

Of course you are free to fashion your nick any way you want - it just attracted my curiosity.

Greetings, Markus.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:46 PM

Guys,
when you want to change me something it's easier to delete the wrong ones and you create the new ones.
I will work on this Posted Image
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ
Duisburg Ruhrort, Germany

#30 John_Leonhardt

John_Leonhardt

Never Finds the Time...

• ADC
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Racing - This includes, F1, MotoGP, AMA Superbike, WSB, Rally Racing, ALMS, DTC, or any other touring car series, Australian V8's also ROCK....basically anything but NASCAR and NHRA. I'm not into either of those forms of racing.<br />I also like PC's, building, fixing etc... Motorcycles, Airplanes, Guns, hiking, camping, mnt bike riding and including my son in on almost any of these activities that I like. (Luckily he likse most of them too)

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:29 PM

How do we delete the wrong ones? I created a "wrong one" as well before I discovered the ZOOM..

#31 Andi Cole

Andi Cole

GTR2/GTL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:26 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (John_Leonhardt @ Sep. 26 2005,06:29)]How do we delete the wrong ones?  I created a "wrong one" as well before I discovered the ZOOM..
Bernd has to delete them but he's back from hols now so will probably catch up soon.

Andi.
http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
Intel Core i7 2600K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 8GB Corsair Vengence, 250GB Intel 510 SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX480 SLI, 8800GTX. 2 x DVDRW. Win 7 SP1.Logitech Z5450, Zalman water cooling. Zalman Level 10 GT Case.G25 Wheel with ECCI pedals.

#32 GeNiE

GeNiE

Prodigal Son

• ADC
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Diving, Cycling. In no particular order

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:03 PM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Pär Öqvist @ Sep. 01 2005,09:21)]There is two Öqvist out there first was missplaced didnt know you could zoom Posted Image
Make that two Ihsans Posted Image. Bernd, can please delete my evil twin that seems to be living a little bit north of Virginia Beach, VA? :sofa:
Ihsan "GeNiE" Gin

JSJ GPLShift utility : $0..
Contact Cleaner from RadioShack : $7.99..
Second hand GPLShifter : $30..
Braking down to Tabac with skipping 5th and 3rd gear in a P115 : PRICELESS

#33 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:49 AM

Just to keep you busy I had deleted maybe some wrong ones Posted Image
Please check the map and see where the guy in front of you is living Posted Image
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#34 JLe

JLe

• ADC
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:17 PM

Bernd - remove my alter ego if you wish Posted Image
Didn't see the satellite maps at first

BTW: do you know Google Earth? http://earth.google.com/

#35 GeNiE

GeNiE

Prodigal Son

• ADC
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Diving, Cycling. In no particular order

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:49 PM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Bernd Nowak @ Sep. 27 2005,12:49)]Just to keep you busy I had deleted maybe some wrong ones Posted Image
Please check the map and see where the guy in front of you is living Posted Image
Oh my god. My evil twin lives, I don't. Posted Image Posted Image
Ihsan "GeNiE" Gin

JSJ GPLShift utility : $0..
Contact Cleaner from RadioShack : $7.99..
Second hand GPLShifter : $30..
Braking down to Tabac with skipping 5th and 3rd gear in a P115 : PRICELESS

#36 Andi Cole

Andi Cole

GTR2/GTL Advisor

• ADC Admins
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:24 AM

David, there's a " at the end of the link on the first post that seems to be stopping me see the map. I can easily remove it but others may have the same problem.

Andi.
http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
Intel Core i7 2600K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 8GB Corsair Vengence, 250GB Intel 510 SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX480 SLI, 8800GTX. 2 x DVDRW. Win 7 SP1.Logitech Z5450, Zalman water cooling. Zalman Level 10 GT Case.G25 Wheel with ECCI pedals.

#37 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,211 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:35 AM

Andi, when I try to edit my post, that quotation mark doesn't show, although I can see it in the url when I go to the site. But it does go to the site for me okay -  very odd...

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#38 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:02 PM

Should be ok now :)
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#39 YelloGreen67

YelloGreen67

• ADC
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:13 PM

Bernd, how did you locate your exact position without a street map? I can't find my home in satellite/hybrid mode. And there's not even a map containing city names for Germany... if I only could fill in my citie's coordinates somewhere.

#40 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:25 PM

I used the river Rhine and the river Ruhr to locate Duisburg and I have seen so much air pictures of Duisburg/Ruhrort that it was easy even without Streetnames ;)
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

Sim Racing Links