S7 R10 Nordschleife July 09/09 How Was Your Race?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

Mine was short. Horrendeous lag exiting a bumpy corner and hit a wall. In a corner where I never crash otherwisem, thank you very much. One of the easiest of the track damn it!. Game over. So maybe I am jinxed. I am not to drive these great cars on the best track in the world. Fuck you AMD and fuck you ASUS.

#2 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• Members
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

Thanks to all you.
My race was quite bored  :mellow:
Plus I was quite slower than near all the others, when I started tha main race, my force feedback disappear completly!!
After the race, I do not remember but may be Leste, said to me that here in rFactor exists a command to reset the FF.  :lol:

Well, it did not mean that this had influence in my race times, may be a few seconds....more than this, cause my suddenly non FF MOMO, I drived more carefully and then cant make mistakes.... but.... was too much less enjoyable a race in a Ring without FF to feel the turns.  :(

Just to the statistics, I finished 3rd.... more than 6 minutes behind the 2nd! Last of those that arrived to the final flag.  :P

I do not know if I can race the next... but may be yes... I like the 79 a lot!  :gpler:

:thumbup:

Edited by Luis Babboni, 09 July 2009 - 08:32 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Kinda sucks, I had a computer crash as soon as I got on the grid. I thought maybe you guys would hold the start and let me join the race but that didn't happen. I'm very disappointed. What has happened to this league?

Attached Files

Edited by Gunny, 09 July 2009 - 08:57 PM.

#4 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• Members
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:25 AM

Sorry but... what are thats .XML files?  :blush:

#5 Gintonika

Gintonika

S6 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:34 AM

Despite being holiday here, I had to work for 13 hs and came just minutes before the race start...., I was simply burned out and couldn't coordinate a single bend... crashed before old section and then missed HORRIBLY the karrousel and crashed fatally (it NEVER happened to me before, I really know this track...)

So, I've turned off everything and went to bed for good...
Daniel Gomez
VOR Viper SRT-10 #530 (Art Design: Jake W.) THX!!
VOR Dome LMP2  #530
Mybroga '79 - Back in the champ winning #5 Brabham BT49, moahahaha!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

View PostLuis Babboni, on Jul 10 2009, 07:25 AM, said:

The XML files have all the information that is use to calculate laptimes, positions, gaps and other things related to the race. Usally the admin will use the file to provide a race report.

#7 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• Members
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

View PostGunny, on Jul 10 2009, 11:11 AM, said:

The XML files have all the information that is use to calculate laptimes, positions, gaps and other things related to the race. Usally the admin will use the file to provide a race report.

Thanks again Gunny. But excuseme for be so havy again cause my ignorance in rFactor.
Where or how can I see the race report?

#8 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

View PostLuis Babboni, on Jul 10 2009, 10:27 AM, said:

Thanks again Gunny. But excuseme for be so havy again cause my ignorance in rFactor.
Where or how can I see the race report?

Luis
Here is the link to the most up to date scoring

Season 7

The scoring is behind by a race or two but this is all I can point you to.

Gunny

#9 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

View PostGunny, on Jul 9 2009, 11:38 PM, said:

Kinda sucks, I had a computer crash as soon as I got on the grid. I thought maybe you guys would hold the start and let me join the race but that didn't happen. I'm very disappointed. What has happened to this league?

:(
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#10 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Typical Nordschleife race , totally unpredictable and extremely difficult. Once again i left the practice a bit too late and the setup work continued up until minutes from qualifying session. Finally found a comfortable feeling for the car but didn't have time to test how it works on longer runs thou.

Noticed on the last practice that there were horrendous lag suddenly when there were more drivers on server , i was hoping that it would clear out when we changed to qualifying but nope , it was so bad that i decided to log out and decrease the resolution. Tweaked out the .scn file also by the instructions given in the race briefing and it did the trick , had more frames than ever before so it was worth to waste few minutes of qualifying time to sort it out  :).

On qualifying i decided to use normal soft tires instead of the qualifiers and do 2 hot laps and it worked out very well , 1st hotlap wasn't anything special but i was really satisfied with the 2nd lap. Had a small mistake which prolly cost me a second or so but still had a big smile on my face when i went over the S/F line because i knew it would be a good lap compared to anything i had done before  :D.

Pole here was extremely important because of the nature of the old circuit and he who gets there 1st will be strong in the 1st lap. Still had to get the start right and for the moment i thought i blew it , but looks like most had a bit problems getting the traction on from cold tires. Pushed hard on the new part of the track to get 1st into the Ring and that worked out well , then had the clear track ahead which helped really much.

Kimmo was close behind and i knew i need atleast 2-3 seconds buffer before the last long straight , so i had to keep the pace up specially on the twisty parts where my car was clearly faster. This worked out nicely in 1st and 2nd lap , then on 3rd lap i had a lapse of concentration on the fastest chicane on the world (Kesselchen) and i lost it after hitting the inside curb. Scraped the right side armco but i thought i survived , but the car didn't want to turn in to the next 5th gear left hander and i hit the armco again , this time damaging the steering and rear suspension.

After few hundred meters i thought that the race was over , car felt quite nasty and steering was pulling to the left but i decided to try anyways. Pablo who was in 2nd place was closing in fast but at that point i wasn't really worried about that , it would be clear that he would overtake me before the lap was over.

Drove the lap and didn't see anyone , then realized that something must have happen to Pablo because there was a new name on 2nd position , 30+ seconds behind. Decided to continue without pitstop because it would have cost so much in this track , plan was to finish the race and hopefully score some loose points but after some while i got used to the ill handling car and knew where to push and when to ease up a bit. Lap times were still off the normal pace but the gap wasn't shrinking so much than before to Joseph in 2nd place. On last lap i started to believe that i could pull this off but Joseph was pushing really hard and his 6th lap was really fast , fortunately it was the last lap because i don't think i would have won otherwise. :sweatdrop: .

Very happy for the result even thou i just had to do it the hard way once again by damaging my car way before the halfway  :rolleyes:  , glad to survive it anyways and score some valuable points  :).

Well done Joseph and Luis for the podium places , patience paid off at the end  :thumbs: .

Very sorry to see so many DNFs  , specially for my mate Kimmo who was in excellent pace all week...  :(  Tough luck mates but better luck next time.

Cya on Salta , another totally new track for me...

:peace:

-------
Samuel

#11 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• Members
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

View PostGunny, on Jul 10 2009, 09:48 PM, said:

Luis
Here is the link to the most up to date scoring

Season 7

The scoring is behind by a race or two but this is all I can point you to.

Gunny

Thanks Gunny.  :thumbup:

#12 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

View PostLuis Babboni, on Jul 10 2009, 02:25 PM, said:

Hi Luis

You may analyze the race from XML files and get lap times etc. Here's a link for the AutoSim Analyzer thread in RSC where you should find a link for the tool and also lots of info/help.

Click me.

Easiest way to use it is to start it , then on the upper corner left click ' Choose log files manually' and browse to the XML files you have been downloaded. Then right click on top of the session name on the right side column where the 'Found Events' are and choose 'View report' (or double click the session name). This should open a new window where the detailed info for every drivers laptimes etc. are.

Cheers

-------
Samuel

#13 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• Members
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

View PostSamuel, on Jul 11 2009, 03:26 PM, said:

Hi Luis

You may analyze the race from XML files and get lap times etc. Here's a link for the AutoSim Analyzer thread in RSC where you should find a link for the tool and also lots of info/help.

Click me.

Easiest way to use it is to start it , then on the upper corner left click ' Choose log files manually' and browse to the XML files you have been downloaded. Then right click on top of the session name on the right side column where the 'Found Events' are and choose 'View report' (or double click the session name). This should open a new window where the detailed info for every drivers laptimes etc. are.

Cheers

-------
Samuel

Thnaks Samuel!!

Edited by Luis Babboni, 12 July 2009 - 11:04 AM.

#14 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

like the last 4 races, really little practice, and well, crashed again :(. I realised that samuel was having problems, and i was going really fast. But then i crashed when i was about 4 seconds behind. Bye bye front wheel.. so..

I don't know if im going to race the next 2 races, im going to Tierra del Fuego, so.. it's difficult.
Championship is complicated :(.

Congrats Samuel.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links