• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:11 AM

well that happened... >:(
qual ends (me p11?) and i chat a reminder "cold tires/full fuel" and i get disco'd
let that be a lesson  ~  no last minute chat.. esp when server switches to race mode - if that's a thing .. grrrr
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#2 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,749 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

I guess I lost a header.  I pulled into the pits and couldn't get shift-R to work, then got discoed.  I was miserable here, anyway.  :(

Did I mention that I hate hairpin turns?

Edited by DDodge, 02 March 2019 - 10:53 AM.

Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#3 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

disco too !   (I prefer r'n'roll...)
Qualif in 2nd place .
Nice start , 3rd in first laps than 2nd when Chapman spins .
Was 2nd when the Cheeseman's Honda kicked me in T1 .  Then in 4th place and regain 3rd when Chapman goes out in last turn .
Now 3rd with the Honda at 5 seconds then the frozen screen with the sound takin off... :yucky:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#4 Baldassarri

Baldassarri

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Gpl, slot_racing, books, windsurf

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:32 AM

I was in an honourable position, but Freezee ! :wounded1:

Ciao

To the next

#5 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:59 AM

Engine blow, as soon as I went to pull away, managed to get to the pits, r shift, last place, got up to 8th, exactly where I started, about lap 15, FREEZE, :bash:

What a balls up,   Tim.

#6 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Francois,

I'm very sorry for the contact at the start of the race, it pushed you off. Completely my fault. I was too late on the brakes. Mea culpa. I'm an idiot for that.

#7 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

Quali was not bad. Francois helped me very much to find another second just two hours before start. But I was too nervous and too anxious and therefore quit with p 14. Start was weird: I was wating for the green flag in first gear and foot on the clutch. Then the flag went down but I was still in neutral. Than I had to pass a cooper which did not start at all but could avoid an accident. Being last I tried to get into the groove and everything felt fine. Except it didn't feel as smooth and responsive like offline. Don't know maybe that was because my network connection was down till today morning? Therefore interesting that there were so many discos.
After a couple of laps I was looking in the mirror watching out for a Ferrari I missed the breakpoint at T1 and spun the car. Unfortunately I was standing right in the way of the fast coming Ferrari and couldn't avoid contact.
I was flipped than and that was the end of the fun. Sorry for being in the way! Sorry for destroying the car! I feel bad :Flush:

#8 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

Man, what a fun track!!!

Seriously.. this track is as fun as Kyalami, once you get the hang of it.

Nearly collided with a Ferrari going into T2 (cold tyres ugh!!)

But managed to continue on... fights here and there... clipped somebody who was getting on the track sorry dude... but adjusting a slide isn't easy...

Later on a fight with Mick Chapman after he collided with somebody else.. i had to let him go because i could feel that i was holding him up...

Anyways.. finished in P6 and you guys know the drill ;) tomorrow 8PM premiere.
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

#9 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostTomy AFX, on 02 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

disco too !   (I prefer r'n'roll...)
Qualif in 2nd place .
Nice start , 3rd in first laps than 2nd when Chapman spins .
Was 2nd when the Cheeseman's Honda kicked me in T1 .  Then in 4th place and regain 3rd when Chapman goes out in last turn .
Now 3rd with the Honda at 5 seconds then the frozen screen with the sound takin off... :yucky:

Francois,

I'm very sorry for the contact at the start of the race, it pushed you off. Completely my fault. I was too late on the brakes. Mea culpa. I'm an idiot for that.

#10 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,500 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:21 AM

A lot of grief and bad luck it seems for many, commiserations!

#11 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

$$$$.    slow and steady brought me in at 9th.  Sorry to see that we had so many discos.  I'd complain about the Honda I was driving but Mr. Cheeseman showed how it's suppose to be done.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#12 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

No problem George  :beerchug:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#13 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

View PostTomy AFX, on 02 March 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

No problem George  :beerchug:

Phew! Thank you.

#14 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

View Postbobho-in, on 02 March 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

$$$$. slow and steady brought me in at 9th.  Sorry to see that we had so many discos.  I'd complain about the Honda I was driving but Mr. Cheeseman showed how it's suppose to be done.

Bob, 9th is commendable. The Honda needs to be flogged very hard indeed to get it to do anything.

#15 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

View Postcg7aa, on 02 March 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Bob, 9th is commendable. The Honda needs to be flogged very hard indeed to get it to do anything.

Tried adjusting the toe in on both the front and rear?
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

#16 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

In on-line practice sessions we had some discussions about how this track came to be. I think Francois said it was used for F2 races. Bo thought it was a go kart track. I thought it might be used primarily used for slot cars. I also noticed that Sr. Navonne (whose TSG picked this unusual place) decided to sit this race out. Hmmm.  :)   Seriously, I agree with Kayo: this track will take every bit of concentration you have, but if you can tame it even a little bit, it begins to feel like you're a ping pong ball floating down a river.

My PB in practice in the last week had been a 1:03.90. Today in qualifying that would have gotten no better than 6th on the grid. It didn't matter. I managed through my own fault to get myself knocked upside down during the early part of qualifying and so I sat on the sidelines for the next 15 minutes. I started 13th, about six places below where I imagined I'd be.

On the third lap in T1 I dove to the outside to avoid three jammed up cars, dropping myself from 11th place to 17th. Five laps later Rudolf spun in front of me at the same place and I smacked him onto his roof. I'm sorry, but that was completely unavoidable. Still, T1 wasn't through with me. I went into the grass twice more there on L11 and L19 through simple driver error. I finally managed to calm down, and turned myself into a ping pong ball for the final 38 laps. With maybe 20 laps to go I was 23 seconds behind Kayo and 27 seconds ahead of Ronnie. If you can't hold your position when you're sitting in that kind of window, you need to find a different hobby. Fortunately, I hung on, so I guess I'll see you guys in Australia in a couple of weeks.  :)

#17 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

Sorry to hear so many were taken out of the race due to connection issues and freezes. Very nice to see an almost full grid at the start!
I was surprised to see I was the fastest on the track right from the start. After about 5 laps I just had to concentrate on bringing the car home in one piece. That worked out great. From my point of view everybody who got lapped behaved very professional, thanks for that! Also big thank you to my teammates: Rob provided me with adjustments to my setup which made the car much more predictable.  And I trained online with Killer this week which always makes me push just a bit harder. I highly recommend it to everybody. Wow, what a start of the season for me and the team, I feel the pressure for the rest of the season.
Hope to see a full grid again in two weeks.

#18 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

View PostTames, on 02 March 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Wow, what a start of the season for me and the team . . .

So far you're two for two in pole positions, two for two in fastest lap, two for two in races won, and 117/120 in laps led. Ed Cullen will tell you, since we're heading to Australia, that Down Under they have an expression: The tall poppy gets the scythe. You're not looking like just a tall poppy these days to us in D2, Tames, you're more like a redwood tree in a field of tiny, miserable, short-assed, worthless, and incompetent little poppies. So the scythe is waiting, as is your guaranteed promotion to G4 after East London. And after that? Well, we're going to miss you terribly when you're jacked up into D1 and you have to start playing with those poppies.  :)

[Seriously, you are having an unforgettable season, Tames. You obviously have been working like a dog and it shows. Keep it up. You give the rest of us hope.]

Edited by Pepe Higdon, 02 March 2019 - 05:54 PM.

#19 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:24 PM

I managed to qualify 10th, but when we started, a red cooper ahead of me didn't start.  Lost 3 places as cars around me overtook.  Eventually got myself up to 7th, but prib was a bit flakey.  Thought I was letting a leader through to lap me, but I let Pepe through, and I was down to 8th.  60 laps of this hellish track was enough.  No damage, thank God.

#20 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

View PostRonnie Nilsson, on 02 March 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Thought I was letting a leader through to lap me, but I let Pepe through . . .

Yeah, I thought that was too easy to be true. When I managed to squeeze past Alain some laps earlier, I saw you were next in front of me and my heart sank. How many times have you and I done this now? I was prepared for a 20-minute battle on a track that isn't particularly forgiving about two-minute battles.  :)

Sim Racing Links