Assetto Corsa

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maarten

Maarten

• ADC
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Karting, Music and everything with cars and racing.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Check it out guys!

http://www.assettocorsa.net/?lang=en

From the guys who made Netkar Pro!

Looks AWESOME!

Maarten
---Oversteer scares passengers; understeer scares drivers---

#2 Mark Uribe

Mark Uribe

• ADC
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

I thought you might be interested in AC, Maarten. Ya, I have been keeping track of the progress too. :thumbup:  Several great tracks and they just announced a BMW license agreement. :punk:

Another thing is that Aristotelis, that did the physics for Power&Glory(all versions including the upcoming v3), is working for Kunos doing physics for Assetto. :o  Speaks volumes about P&G if Kunos hired him. Obviously he knows what he's doing. :bowdown:

Check out some AC gameplay footage. :gpler:

http://www.virtualr....gameplay-videos

(virtualr is a great place for sim news, btw)

Edited by Mark Uribe, 10 May 2012 - 04:26 PM.

GPL Rank     +35.920
GPL 65v2 Rank     +26.098
GPL 66 Rank     +13.692
GPL 69 Rank     +65.124
GPL GT Rank     +55.942
GPL F2 Rank     +5.256
GPL 69X Rank     +51.527

#3 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yes, interesting mix of cars and tracks. The physics has the lineage and potential. The screen shots are impressive. Maybe they can get the net code right as well?

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#4 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

ADC GPL Director

• ADC Admins
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

Bought and downloaded this game last night, and installed it this afternoon only to find out my video card doesn't support directX10.1 which is required by the game. What a pisser, I was looking forward to giving it a try. :angry2:

#5 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

Compatibility issues like that should be much more clear. Sorry to hear. I thought you had a pretty good card, TJ? I've got AC, as well. Seems to be working fine for me. Luckily I got it for $20 because I don't find myself playing with it very often. I still much prefer rF2 (not to mention GPL, rF1, and PnG).
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

Sim Racing Links