Mosport

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:07 AM

It never happened to me before, I lost the calibration of the steering wheel between the classification and the start! The car was unmanageable, I gave up so as not to break it. Now I'm going to kick the steering wheel!
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#2 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:16 AM

I broke a valve in the early stage of the race . I was very cautious with the engine but....   :yucky:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#3 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:25 AM

I had been testing another racing sim for an hour before I joined the server. Everything worked great. I got on the server and discovered I could not load a setup. I took a few minutes out and could not figure out why. I rejoined, and then found out my wheel did not recognize the gas pedal. I left again, worked on it and got it to work, but still could not load a setup. I could load a race setup, so I decided to just wait until the race and hope that setup loaded when we went to race.  Alas, when I got to the 1st turn. I realized I had the default setup with 122 laps of fuel. The BRM is undriveable like that. I had to leave for safety's sake.
It's a pity. Mosport is one of my favorite drives.
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#4 Peter Lohmar

Peter Lohmar

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:12 AM

Pepe, I looked at the race start - I went right into you. Very sorry for the error.

#5 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

View Postzzbusch1, on 12 October 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

I had been testing another racing sim for an hour before I joined the server. Everything worked great. I got on the server and discovered I could not load a setup. I took a few minutes out and could not figure out why. I rejoined, and then found out my wheel did not recognize the gas pedal. I left again, worked on it and got it to work, but still could not load a setup. I could load a race setup, so I decided to just wait until the race and hope that setup loaded when we went to race.  Alas, when I got to the 1st turn. I realized I had the default setup with 122 laps of fuel. The BRM is undriveable like that. I had to leave for safety's sake.
It's a pity. Mosport is one of my favorite drives.

Hard luck. I noticed you were connecting and disconnecting several times and I did wonder what problems you were having.

#6 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:23 AM

that was a ball buster... or so the phrase goes :)
i had surprised myself last nite with a 22.9.. but knew i couldn't repeat it when it mattered, still pulled in a 23+ good for p7
in practice runs i was able to do consistent 24s... but...
the start had cars ahead hesitate just a second, but that's all it took for TIm's Honda to get by on the outside - and for me, that was the race.

moved up to p5 at the finish due to 2 retirements ahead.
Tim's Honda would pull away at exit of moss, but i'd catch him at every braking area... just not enough umph from the BRM to get him on the back.

then with laps dwindling down, 6 remaining i believe TIm and i caught Niky and Pepe and Mati caught up with TIm and i :o  nose to tail but it all turned out well, as the back markers gave way, then i gave to Mati, as did Tim a few moments later -  and we were off again!
i made one lunge with 2 laps left as i was right on Tim's tail - but lost it, did a 180 and backed alongside the fencing, but righted it and carried on.
happy to say that!!

congrats to Mati for his 1st win..
Peter for his first race AND Finish
John W for ... well, i never saw you John but you finished -so good deal :D

off to Portland!
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#7 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:28 AM

P7!

I feel like a curse has been lifted for me...

After 5 straight DNF's (and 1 no showing)

I made some mistakes in the first couple of laps... which cost me dearly...

BUT!!! i regained control and composure and started to work my way up...

With a daring pass on the start/finish straight... and then later on missed my opponent when he spin out in front of me...

You know the drill guys...

Video is gonna be live tomorrow.
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

#8 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:42 AM

Well what a race that was, I completely agree with Bruce about our race, donít think Iíve had so much fun in all of my oAo days, was it had work? You bet it was, but Bruce is such a gentleman, he had a few chances, but it looked to me a bit risky so his judgment got the better of those chances, he is one of the few drivers out there that you can drive with, and know heís not going to do any thing silly,

Many thanks Bruce for being part of one of the most enjoyable races Iíve ever been involved in.

Regards Tim.

Edited by timbo, 12 October 2019 - 10:43 AM.

#9 mvillasante

mvillasante

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Automobilista, rF2, AC, iRacing
    And Wreckfest when I'm pissed off... :D

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:11 AM

What. A. Race.

I've been looking for a race like this for so much time... After a year of trying and trying to get it, finally it happened and I could win a race in 1967 original mod. Four or five months ago I refused to keep trying as I focused on Mybroga S52 Div B F2 championship, even at one point I thought I could never have a decent pace in 1967 mod.

"Times they are a changin"...

Okay, so I was quite nervous on qualy but then in the race I had a good start, George and me moved well and went in a 2-sec gap for about ten laps. Then some trouble with lapped cars sent me off in T6 after the jump and delayed me, but a few laps later George had some trouble and I could recover P1. Had a great time racing on the edge (Mosport doesn't forgive any mistakes).

Thank you all for a magnificent race!

Now, omw to Portland!!

#10 mcmirande

mcmirande

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:19 AM

Great, Mati!!! Congrats for such a great race!!!
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

In my continuing effort to become the highest climber for the season in D2 --- an award that I view as being deserved by a driver who is so pathetically bad that he has absolutely nowhere to go but up --- I thought my only qualifying lap of 4:45 would easily be the worst. But no! ZZ showed up behind me, not showing any qualifying time at all. That will be the last time I make that mistake. If I am going to set a qualifying time that is nothing but embarrassing, I want that time to be unbeatable, so to speak.

My other quest --- that of staying on the track for 100% of my laps --- came to a quick end before I'd traveled even 18 inches. Just like the start two weeks ago, a Honda lost it in the first few seconds and bounced me into the weeds. The collision reporting program, strangely enough, shows no contact between Pete's car and mine. Don't worry about it, my man. I don't think even Surtees could make that pig go in a straight line when the green flag drops.

Thus did I settle in for yet another hour of grinding it out. Mick went off on an early lap and settled in behind me on L3. Even though we were lapping at a nearly identical pace, I let him by and followed him for about 13 laps. At that point, lap 18, my Cooper found itself right behind Niky's Brabham. Mick was the last of at least four cars that had overtaken Niky when he'd gone off the track at three or four different places. I figured I'd be by the Romanian in two laps, maybe three. Not a chance. My old teammate apparently had decided that he'd had enough of off-track excursions and slammed the door shut every time I got within striking distance. I know that I punched him in the ass at least twice, but apparently it was soft enough so that it didn't register as a contact. I didn't think that looking at a BT's tailpipe for 20 laps could be much fun, but it was better than having genital surgery, I think.

And today's highest climber award goes to . . . oh, God, me again. Sigh.

#12 Mateusz Metz

Mateusz Metz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Muay Thai

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:12 PM

I'm really happy about finishing my first online race in one piece! :)

Thanks to Bo, Michael and Robert for advice and all D2 drivers for a great fun!

#13 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:44 PM

I'm disappointed that I could not make todays race.  Watched the replay as soon as I could. As Chief Race Steward. I was mighty impressed. Outside of Peter losing control at the start everybody drove very well on the first lap.  Congrats to the finishers
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#14 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:48 PM

View Postbobho-in, on 12 October 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

. . . everybody drove very well on the first lap.

And for the rest of the race too. It was only the second time this year that D2 had fewer collisions in a race than did D1.

#15 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:31 AM

I was reviewing the captured video.. and i passed Metz to take P10.... sorry bud for giving such a scare when jump to the opportunity to pass you on the start/finish straight...

Video is now being uploaded... might take a long time before it's live...

#16 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:58 AM

Video is live!

https://youtu.be/QF2YYxl6Ef8

#17 Baldassarri

Baldassarri

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Gpl, slot_racing, books, windsurf

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

Very demanding track, but Always loved and funny to race.  Qual in line with my practice times:  mid  1.24.  8th on the grid.  Good start, after some settling laps I was behind Bo,  Initially the gap was around 1s, but I knew that Bo was much more faster than me, so I expected that with the race evolution the gap would have increased.  And  this occurred, also because, starting at mid race I suffered a terrible understeering, not a good situation especially on this track.  I have also to report an off track at corner #2 and I was lucky to have not broken anything.  At the end  6th place that was my objective for this race.  But the most important thing to report is the great fun. On this I have to thanks Bo for having bilt and maintained this fantastic League
Congratulations to Mati for the win, he lapped me as a rocket with the same car !!! and to the podium.

Ciao
Roberto

Sim Racing Links