Aintreer

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:22 AM

Horrible track. I am deleting it.

#2 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

I got discoed 10 minutes ago and I think I am not the only one... :yucky:  Ronnie, you are right !
" Racing is Life, everything else is just .... waiting "

#3 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:44 AM

PISSED OFF AGAIN!!!

I want to destroy my keyboard again!!!:

I was doing fine...

Untill somebody disconnects when i'm in the middle of a corner.. causing the game to drop in framerate and i lose control... straight into a tree and upside down...
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will (usually) premiere Saturday at 11pm GMT

#4 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

good race , i was 7th with 2 laps to complete to finish then my screen was blue ( he was earing my motor and can control it but no view ) .
i thank it was my screen cause it is blue when there is no input .  i press enter and i came back in the game but was mentionned dnf .    next time.... :wounded1:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#5 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,726 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:17 AM

Screen freeze with about 9 to go.  Bummer, man!

Don
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#6 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:24 AM

initially i had p4 or 5 in Qual... but a screen freeze and i had to reboot my pc.
came back w/ 2m remaining and it didn't remember my time (see "unknown" on grid) :P  
did one hot good enough for p7...
the start was safe (from my view) and opening laps was Dan D and i chasing each other.
i finally got by, and then promptly spun or went wide - 4 times... each requiring another chase and intense overtake. Dan is GOOD :)

the mid laps were ok, i noticed some 'disconnects' and worried i was next - but it held - held for me and Andrew H to have a good dice!
i had him by 5s and knew it was ok, except another spin and he was by....  with 3 laps remaining i caught up, but wasn't sure i could take the position, when AH went wide and GAVE it to me :o

p5  yay  about where i started had i not had to re-Q
sorry to read so many others DID Disco :(

congrats podium.. and Grandfather Claudio!!

ps///i finished on lead lap with +4 gal fuel :P
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#7 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostMK3424, on 25 August 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

PISSED OFF AGAIN!!!

I want to destroy my keyboard again!!!:

I was doing fine...

Untill somebody disconnects when i'm in the middle of a corner.. causing the game to drop in framerate and i lose control... straight into a tree and upside down...
Mr. MK3424.  What is your racing name?  I have no idea as to who you are.  I get a slight shudder when some one texts but it never seems that severe
Bob Holada

Edited by Bo Bruce, 25 August 2018 - 11:16 AM.

Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#8 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

Hi, Bob.  I wondered about this ident, too.  It's got to be Kayo Michiels.  From Belgium as listed above which fits.  His description of his fate exactly matches Kayo's race.

#9 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

MK3424... is Kayo
Tomy ... is Francois

all 'nicks' are shown with real names on web/driver page
;)
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#10 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:19 AM

Happy to finish in 8th.  Once I found some trees and telephone poles to watch for I started to enjoy the track.  Bend Racing has only two cars so I get stuck with the Eagle. Could not get the speed that I know that car has.        I suspect Niki owes me a Thank You. Early in the race going into T1 I hear someone coming up from behind going very quickly. way to fast to make that turn. It then feels like I'm being run over. Not sure how Niki would have gotten through there if I hadn't been in the way. I'll have to check the replay. We were both able to continue.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#11 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

A week ago Andrew, our former (he was recruited a few days ago by Michi) ace ringer, showed up in the Vulture forum pissing and moaning that he couldn't figure out how to crack 1:50 at this track. I'm rarely impressed by the suicidal whimpers of guys who can strap themselves onto a 50cc Honda step-through scooter and beat the shit out of me when I'm in an Eagle, so naturally I told him to shut up and that in a week he'd be doing easy 1:46s. I notice this morning that he qualified in a Cooper (for God's sake) with a 1:45.9. The Psychic Hotline comes through again.

When I came back to this game three years ago, one of the first tracks I raced on was the original Aintree. I had two problems there: 1) I could never figure out how to get through the double-apex corners (Bechers Bend) leading to the entrance to the back straight and 2) at the end of the straight there was a kink that made Masta look like child's play. Running the track in reverse is for me a dream come true, since now I get to take the kink in second/third instead of terrifying myself with a triple downshift under merciless braking. Still, after seeing more than half the D1 field DNF (and only one a disco), I was willing to try to qualify as quickly as I could but to race as modestly as possible.

I couldn't have had a much better result. In qualifying the G3/G4 guys took the top seven spots, Dan snuck in just ahead of me in 8th, and Francois was curled up, waiting to strike, just behind me in 10th. I was more or less hoping at the start to overtake Dan and put Francois so far behind me that I wouldn't have to worry about anything except trailing the G3/G4 cars all the way to the finish. That plan was short lived, as Dan left me in the dust and Francois overtook me within a lap and steadily lengthened his lead over me by half a second a lap almost until the end of the race. But for Mick's crump on L10 and the discos experienced by Dan and Francois, I'd have finished in the undistributed middle of the pack. But I was handed a 7th overall and I won't be handing it back. Crashing out at Brno two weeks ago was a bitter disappointment for me, but a quiet, steady, and thoroughly undramatic tour of reverse Aintree makes up for a lot of that pain. No spins, no off-track recoveries, and no speed: It worked for me today.

#12 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:49 PM

I probably should

View Postbobho-in, on 25 August 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

Mr. MK3424.  What is your racing name?  I have no idea as to who you are.  I get a slight shudder when some one texts but it never seems that severe
Bob Holada

It's Kayo M... i use a different profile naam in GPL... i'll edit my title name of my account to remedy it.

Whenever somebody post something in chat, or chat itself displays something like "... has disconnected" it drops the framerate of the game...

Edited by MK3424, 25 August 2018 - 12:50 PM.

Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will (usually) premiere Saturday at 11pm GMT

#13 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

Could someone please copy and paste the GPLRA report? I won't be able to download the replay until Monday.

Thanks!
Michael

#14 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

View PostPepe Higdon, on 25 August 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

A week ago Andrew, our former (he was recruited a few days ago by Michi) ace ringer

When was I promoted to be Vultures teamboss?
I just wanna race

#15 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:25 PM

Bo usually uploads the html report from the RA to the website. It's under Schedule, right hand column. Right now it's still Adelaide though.
I just wanna race

#16 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

Hi Pepe !
I tried during qualifs to break this brabham wall in front of me !   I tried a suicide setup with 30/85 on diff but I didn't get to place my BRM in the Brabham "family" . At the start , the Honda behind me made a dramatic acceleration and jumped me .
You was very correct to let me overpass in the slow right turn ( door wide open ) .  At mid race I've made a grass visit in this turn and the one after . So i was alone at the 7th place till the disco ...  I hope to get a Cooper for Christmas gift !!!  :whistling:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#17 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostPepe Higdon, on 25 August 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

When I came back to this game three years ago, one of the first tracks I raced on was the original Aintree. I had two problems there: 1) I could never figure out how to get through the double-apex corners (Bechers Bend) leading to the entrance to the back straight and 2) at the end of the straight there was a kink that made Masta look like child's play. Running the track in reverse is for me a dream come true, since now I get to take the kink in second/third instead of terrifying myself with a triple downshift under merciless braking. Still, after seeing more than half the D1 field DNF (and only one a disco), I was willing to try to qualify as quickly as I could but to race as modestly as possible.

I couldn't have had a much better result. In qualifying the G3/G4 guys took the top seven spots, Dan snuck in just ahead of me in 8th, and Francois was curled up, waiting to strike, just behind me in 10th. I was more or less hoping at the start to overtake Dan and put Francois so far behind me that I wouldn't have to worry about anything except trailing the G3/G4 cars all the way to the finish. That plan was short lived, as Dan left me in the dust and Francois overtook me within a lap and steadily lengthened his lead over me by half a second a lap almost until the end of the race. But for Mick's crump on L10 and the discos experienced by Dan and Francois, I'd have finished in the undistributed middle of the pack. But I was handed a 7th overall and I won't be handing it back. Crashing out at Brno two weeks ago was a bitter disappointment for me, but a quiet, steady, and thoroughly undramatic tour of reverse Aintree makes up for a lot of that pain. No spins, no off-track recoveries, and no speed: It worked for me today.

Well done Pepe.  Now that you mention it I remember having the same problems with the clockwise Aintree.
Soichiro Honda

#18 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

View PostMGL66, on 25 August 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Could someone please copy and paste the GPLRA report? I won't be able to download the replay until Monday.

Thanks!
Michael

Here you go, you're welcome.

Grats to John, Bob and Tames. Well done finishers.

This track can be put under the unreliable tracks, like brno49. IMO a beta track shouldn't be scheduled anyhow. I know, it's hindsight, but still. TSG do a great job in general tho.

Attached Files

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 25 August 2018 - 04:40 PM.

Well, my socks and shoes always match, is it luck?

#19 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:13 PM

Hi Kayo,
Do you have "In car Chat" unchecked in GPL? You will still see join and disconnect messages but (At least on my system). They don't seem to have quite as bad an effect as having the chat box checked.

TTFN
John..
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#20 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

New team, new car this time out. Thanks to PnB for the better car and guaranteed grid spot - it was getting tight to get on the grid.

Going into the race I wanted to qualify about a second off my PB and race about 2 seconds off the same number. For the first time in an OAO session  I actually met my goal going in. I was a couple tenths off that 1 s gap but had a really consistent and safe session otherwise.Starting 4th I had a bad start and then was slow through the chicanes which put Mick onto me. He got pretty close and I decided to stay wide coming off the straight and at that time I lost the car and ran out of road and into the wall for 6 coins of damage and last on the road. In review he wasn't as close as I thought and I should have shut the door. The real problem is that I lacked the necessary car control, but that is an ongoing struggle. Car had a bit of damage and I didn't feel any confidence on the brakes thereafter.

Further around the lap I was up to 16th and going into T1 I went around Don on the outside and alongside Roberto for 14th. I was on my racing line and about a wheel behind his nose when he moved over to get back in line for the chicane coming up and we locked wheels with me going into the wall and him spinning off in the other direction. This was my second trip to the back in 1 lap and 1 corner and in that short space I also managed to lose close to 40 seconds to JH.I drove as gingerly as I could and through some attrition got back up to Bo When he had a mistake I led him around until 3 from the end when I messed up my braking for anchors. Bo getting by put me into JH's grasp and  a lap down right at the end. So, not such a good race for my PnB debut.

On the run in with Roberto, I looked at it from above in GPLRA and I was half a car width to the left  more than I thought I was,  close to the line I normally take, with a decent amount of momentum. At the time he started coming across I was just starting to back out of it but was too far left. I think the extra few feet would have given me more margin to brake and get out  of the way. My guess is that because I overtook Don and got alongside Roberto in the same corner complex that he was unaware that I was near him and didn't hear my engine or again mistook it for Don's engine. Had he seen me I have to believe he would have gone deeper before turning in and I'd have slotted in behind him. Earlier in T1 I had a lot more momentum - enough that I didn't anticipate writing about this incident - but I guess he got the car squared up and got going well enough and we ended up in the same spot on the track with him a wheel ahead and me not able to avoid contact. Hindsight dictates that it was safer to follow him but it didn't look that way at mid corner nor that backing off later on would be a problem.I received no damage in the incident - I'd already ruined my race by myself - but I'm sorry for what the incident did to Roberto's race. I know he practiced hard for this event.

PS I was really impressed by Francois' drive today. JH 's lap in Q was great too.Andrew

Edited by Andrew Hutchinson, 25 August 2018 - 08:49 PM.

Sim Racing Links