The Mrc Approved Track List

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 BSmooth

BSmooth

• Mybroga
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:42 PM

We all love to race each other ,thats why were here in the first place.Some of us race both the track and the other drivers. I think we need to try out the tracks first.I'm going to throw out an idea here and I'd like an opinion. Lets start a list of tracks that we know don't have issues.Then when we pick a track out,we can refer to the list and make sure its ok or not.I suppose we could even have a small group of us who actually checks out tracks to make sure they work or not,and then recommend If we should add it to the list or not.

Let me know what you think.

Great track,but Dundrod should NOT be on the list.
Posted Image

#2 Oliver_Kloesov

Oliver_Kloesov

Mashed Potatoes are Yummy !

• Administrators
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:53 PM

OK here's the list so far:

Dundrod

:P
Sticky Team BRM S13 Speedy Cup

Musarama => Matra
Eagle => McLaren
Cooper => Lotus 63

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:54 PM

Other than being tricky as far as blind corners go , where did Dundrod have issues ? Was there some disco's for anyone ? It ran perfectly fine here , and ya , it was a tough track , but I don't think it was a track that should've been red flagged for anything other than difficulty .

That being said , a good list of tracks to choose from is a great idea Bruce .
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#4 garrys

garrys

• Mybroga
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:54 PM

Isle of Mann should not even be allowed to be mentioned ever again also.

#5 Oliver_Kloesov

Oliver_Kloesov

• Administrators
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:56 PM

Dundrod was a rally track, or obviously a TT track, but NOT a genuine racing venue.   Still, it wan't a poor choice of track, it just has a higher difficulty "rating."  Up there with Janakkala.

Musarama => Matra
Eagle => McLaren
Cooper => Lotus 63

#6 Rick Nauman

Rick Nauman

• Mybroga
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:17 PM

View PostC.Ascari, on Nov 9 2006, 11:54 PM, said:

Other than being tricky as far as blind corners go , where did Dundrod have issues ?

Restating some of what I said in the race reports forum:

For me the problem lies with the difficulty in getting back on the track after an off.  I feel like I was tricked into trying to go thru a fence only to get snared.  In all my practice offs, either you could go right thru a fence or you got bounced off.  I never encountered one like the one that got me.  And backing up was not an option.  If they had just turned off the "going backwards detection" I'd have been content to backtrack to a re-entry point.

I loved the flow of the track once I got it memorized.  I had no problem with the fact that if your mind drifted for a few seconds you would be toast.  Difficult doesn't bother me.  Not knowng what's a hard wall, what's a mirage, or what's a magnet is for me the fatal flaw of this track.

Edited by Rick Nauman, 09 November 2006 - 06:19 PM.

#7 Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids

• Mybroga
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:11 PM

What Rick said.

Now, I've been thinking a lot today, at work, about what Tex and HO and others have said about this track.
Firstly we should get off Andreh's case about his choice. Let me say when I called for him to be skinned alive I was really just joking:-). Andreh had a right, that he earned, to pick any track he wanted inside the guidelines he was given. I seriously doubt he had any idea how the track would run online with a field of racers. Mybroga has a long history of running tough tracks, we've never backed away from them. And if he did know, he STILL had the right to pick it. The track ran fine, no issues at all like Janaloopa where mass discos seemed to be the rule. Tex loves the tough tracks and in an inferior car they give him an edge because he learns them fast and while everyone else is flying off, he's cruising. I learn tracks excruciatingly slow so when a new one pops up, I start whining. It's just the way it works.
If this track had come up for review and I was a reviewer I would have had to pass it. It ran fine. I personally think it's a very flawed track but I would have passed it.
Really, I can't believe somebody hasn't picked Isle of Man or Watkins 49. If they did we'd have to run them. Would I spend a bunch of time practicing them?  No, but I'd whine a lot. And I'd call for THEM to be skinned alive.
:-)
Posted Image

#8 Oliver_Kloesov

Oliver_Kloesov

• Administrators
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:50 AM

This thread is pinned / sticky / stuck!  :)

Musarama => Matra
Eagle => McLaren
Cooper => Lotus 63

#9 Andreh

Andreh

• Mybroga
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:22 AM

you guys are getting Old.  :moon:
Dundrod is a hard and narrow track, but there was nothing on it that would do it unsuitable to race, I agree with Rick, what happened to him sucked, as sticky haybales, and cliffs, and whatever we will find in other tracks, but we werent supposed to get off the tarmac in the first place.
A system to test tracks is already available, just people dont use it.
I think that having a close set of tracks to choose not a bad idea, but a terrible change for MRC.
Other than having a place to race with fast clean and gentleman drivers ( even though we were cleaner at the past?) , but a place where I could race all chassis, and a variety of tracks. Tracks like Schottenring and Sachsenring, that I loved to race , know and :cough: master.
"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari..." Gilles

#10 RLHofer

RLHofer

• Mybroga
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:15 AM

Well said, Andreh.
Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image

ex-MYBROGA - Division A
AtlasF1 Legends League GP Division

R & R Racing

Remember: Two wrongs don't make a right...... but 3 lefts do .... only you're one block over and a block behind!

#11 BSmooth

BSmooth

• Mybroga
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:28 AM

Aren't we ALL getting old Andreh! I just thought that a place to choose our tracks from would be a good idea.I don't think it would be a terrible change at all.It could consist of literally hundreds of tracks of all shapes and sizes.But it would be tracks we wouldn't have to guess at whether they would be good to race on or not.
Dundrod is a great track, but just not a good track for side by side racing.Yes we are supposed to stay on the tarmac,but when you don't have enough room (narrow tracks) to get side by side with someone to pass them,It basically becomes a follow the leader race.
The problem here is most are missing the point.Its not whether its a good or bad track,just a good one for racing online,with all that entails.
Let me make a specific point.Say your quicker than the guy(or gal) ahead and you want to outbrake them.Only problem is theres no places or very risky places to do it.Best strategy here would be to just stay in back and put pressure on them to make a mistake.An actual attempt at a pass would be foolish,taking you and possibly the person your passing out of the race.Monaco is another track thats tough to overtake,unless someone makes an error.Attempts are few are far between..
Lets use a track where there is no penalty for at least trying a pass.I love technical tracks,but I like the ability to try a pass If I want to.
Posted Image

#12 Bentcam

Bentcam

• Mybroga
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:32 AM

If this is the end of tracks like Monaco and Nurburgring, yes, and Dundrod, then it's the end of me.

#13 Andreh

Andreh

• Mybroga
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:49 AM

I fully understand your point Bruce, and it is a valid point.
Let me say it in another way. I love women. I like blonds, redburns, brunettes ( are the best), blacks, skinny, normal, even a little fat(just a little please), young, old, brown eyed, green and blue. I got a decent taste of much of them, but after marriage Im stuck to just one ,wonderfull one I must say (Im just a lucky SOB), but again, just one. And hell be my witness, if a green skinned girl appeared Id like to have a try too! Dont want the gvt or religion tell me its not right. Dont need monogamy in simracing too.
Sorry to say that in such a Latin way, hope to not hurt any NA feeling :-)
"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari..." Gilles

#14 RLHofer

RLHofer

• Mybroga
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:06 AM

View PostBentcam, on Nov 10 2006, 02:32 PM, said:

If this is the end of tracks like Monaco and Nurburgring, yes, and Dundrod, then it's the end of me.

I'm with you on this one, Dano. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Guys earn the right to choose the track they want. As long as there are no show-stoppers(CTD's, screen freezes, big frame rate hits), we should race it. If you start eliminating tracks because they are difficult, you may was well call this "The Namby-Pamby GPL League".

ex-MYBROGA - Division A

R & R Racing

Remember: Two wrongs don't make a right...... but 3 lefts do .... only you're one block over and a block behind!

#15 SteveC

SteveC

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Uh, racing? What else.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:12 AM

View PostBSmooth, on Nov 10 2006, 09:28 AM, said:

Let me make a specific point.Say your quicker than the guy(or gal) ahead and you want to outbrake them.Only problem is theres no places or very risky places to do it.

Why would you be behind them then?

If you're worried about this on tracks like that, practice so much you don't make any errors and you qualify up front. That was always my goal in league racing.

This is F1, not NASCAR. Follow the leader racing is and was the norm and not the exception, even back in the 60's for the most part. Picking trakcs where it's only easy to pass would be silly in my opinion and the best driver wouldn't necessarily win a championship. The best car would.
Click here to go to GPL Addicts!
Paul Jackson for president!

#16 Strider

Strider

• Mybroga
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:42 AM

And now the witch hunt is on!  Hot damn a Salem Revival, nay, this could well eclipse the Salem hunts. It'll be international. Tracks from all over the world, found to be unworthy of MRC will be burned by the roadside, hung from the trees(use the trees that are solid). Their creators will be impaled on sticky bales and left to rot. Other creators will be taken out into the fields and left to find their way back without running into anything solid.

This is all passing before my eyes. I see gangs, no...no MOBS of crazed Mybrogite peasants baring torches and pitchforks, whipped into a frenzy as they shout, "Throw out your tracks or we will bbbbburn your house down."

This is so exciting, too bad I'll miss it. Miss it he says? Yes I will be running from those mobs because I agree with Andreh, Richard and Dan. Dundrod, like others that will make the ban list,  is a great track. Is it great for hub to hub racing? No, but you can pass there. Is it difficult to drive? Oh yes. Is there a built in conspiracy to throw the unwary off the track? NO! People were out in the fields, stuck in fences, upside down (me), because they weren't good enough. I blew a turn, too fast and couldn't save the car, because I wasn't good enough. You have to be good enough to beat the track before you can beat the competition. And you have to be smart enough not to blame the track when you don't.

Maybe those calling for a purge of these evil tracks should look inward. Maybe they'll find that there was not enough practice, too much speed, not enough patience, ...ad nauseum.  If it was easy, anyone could do it.

I've said less than I wanted, but more than some will like.  Oh one more thing, GROW THE HELL UP! I must depart now and see where I can set up my torch and pitchfork booth.  Hmmm... I should get a couple truck loads of matches too.

Dick

Edited by Strider, 10 November 2006 - 10:56 AM.

R& R Racing

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride! "

#17 RLHofer

RLHofer

• Mybroga
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:23 AM

I've only got one thing to say, Dick........

BRING BACK THE NAVY BABE!

ex-MYBROGA - Division A

R & R Racing

#18 Andreh

Andreh

• Mybroga
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:37 AM

View PostStrider, on Nov 10 2006, 12:42 PM, said:

I agree with AndrehDick

You wanna try a green gal too?  :P

View PostRLHofer, on Nov 10 2006, 01:23 PM, said:

BRING BACK THE NAVY BABE!

Its better than Elvira  :clap:

#19 Strider

Strider

• Mybroga
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

View PostAndreh, on Nov 10 2006, 04:37 PM, said:

You wanna try a green gal too?  :P
Its better than Elvira  :clap:

1. Let me think about that one. Maybe.

2. Elvira was there to help celebrate the holiday Halloween. Catherine is here for Veterans Day. She is shown both in Navy and Marine decor.  I like to keep abreast of these things. So to speak.

Dick
R& R Racing

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride! "

#20 RLHofer

RLHofer

• Mybroga
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

View PostStrider, on Nov 10 2006, 04:45 PM, said:

I like to keep abreast of these things. So to speak.

:lol2:

Good double entendre!

ex-MYBROGA - Division A

R & R Racing

Sim Racing Links