7 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Server Name: Atlas Oval
Track Name: Watkins Glen (NASCAR layout)
Link to download the track: http://www.adrive.co...kinsGlen_v21.7z
Practice: 60 minutes
Qualy: 4 flying laps
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race length: 41 laps
Start: Standing Start
Fuel wear: 2x
Tyre wear: 2x
Weather conditions: sunny
Flag Rules: fullcourse yellows
Lucky Dog Rule: ON
Damage Multiplier: 50%
Startime for the practice session.: the usual one for the Oval Division: January, Tuesday 6th 2015 1:00am GMT// January, Monday 5th 2015, 20:00 EST

If somebody needs the password, post here and I will PM it to you. Server is running this track now, so everybody can get some practice before the official practice.

Important: set the car to ROADCOURSE configuration BEFORE loginning into the server !!!

Attached Files

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 02 January 2015 - 03:36 PM.

AP

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

I made some corrections to the Points Standings, so they exclude the 2 worst results of the 2 halves of the season. That is the worst results of the first 5 races, and the worst result of the second half.
AP

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

The worst season I have had in years. However, I can´t blame anybody but myself. Running in sight of Terry I lost it at T1, damaging the suspensión. Then, after getting it so so repaired, I had another off before the last turn... well, I could blame the damaged suspensión. Oh well...
AP

#4 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

The Bruce & Denny Show.  The McLaren domination of CanAm racing for fully five years from 1967 through 1971.  I remember it well.

The Juan & Terry Show.  I'll remember this, too, but not with the same degree of fondness.  The McMahon brothers simply ran away from the field and had it all their own way.  I feel utterly humiliated.  What a fabulous performance, guys!  Congratulations!

I ran as best I could having to skirt wide in The 90 as attempting to carve down to the kerb/apex resulted in a spinner every time i attempted to do so.  I didn't think that anyone else would be able to do so either but as the race showed, all but me was able to accomplish this.  I've been left to scratching my head as to why I was so out to lunch in this critical corner.  Ah, well...

Arturo was the only one able to even remotely challenge the McMahons but he fell afoul of a spin into the barriers in T1 which clearly damaged his AAR ride.  Repairs seemed to do little to get the car back up to speed and a devastating shunt on Lap23 next to demolished the car.  Bad luck all 'round, Artie.  :(

Lee had trouble right from the get go with a costly off on Lap01.  He was never able to recover from this and had more misadventures along the way.  Tough time there, Lee.  :(

I had no less than five incidents ranging from harmless spins to two trips into the barrier that remarkably didn't trim off my rear wing or nose.  Just lucky in that I struck the barriers flush on the flanks and not end first.  The car was damaged but didn't seem to affect the performance too any great degree and I didn't bother to repair the coachwork on my stops.  Frankly, I feel lucky to have finished at all.

So...  We're down to Indy as the finale.  Gotta pump up the volume!  :)

#5 Juan McMahon

Juan McMahon

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

I don't know what setup was using Terry.  I was using an old Lee's one from Long Beach, changed the gears and ... soft tyres!  I think that was the major difference.  Usually soft tyres don't last but here I didn't have major problems.  I tried not to force them constantly (only when Terry closed the gap) and that was it. ;-)
Indy's gonna be very difficult, not my kind of track, but I'm sure I will try this time!!!
Posted Image

#6 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Amazing racing from Juan and Terry.  Congrats on the one-two finish.

I don't expect much from the road courses but I did plan on having a trouble free race.  That plan went out the window before the first lap ended as I missed the braking point on the back straight (looking at my dash) and just brushed the wall.  I dove into the pits for repairs and immediately went a lap down.  I came out, the car seemed ok and I got back on plan.  I ran through a lot of trouble free laps and pit stops while the McMahons kept blasting past me like I had an anchor dragging.  Near the end Juan was coming up to pass again and I didn't want him to so I could get as much lap credit as possible and he went by so fast I missed the chicane braking point for one last 360 spin before the checkered flag.  Glad for the night to be over.

Looking forward to Indy.

Edited by Lee Simpson, 06 January 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#7 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

WTG Juan :)

I was almost, almost there, but I cooled my mind a bit knowing that Lee was in trouble so I tought a secure second is way better than a crash trying to get first. I rode with hard rubber, not sure why the set up I had was configured that way, and maybe as Juan said that made all the diference, or maybe Juan was having one of those days.

After the race I went back to the track and fitted soft tires on the same set and was able to do 54 seconds laps in a short while, so get ready for next season event here :)

Car was rock solid and could take all those carrousel turnes flat out with no problems, so if anybody wants the setup, just ask :)

Sorry for Art´s trouble, for a while He was closing the gap on me but then He just went a lap down.

Onto Indy for the grand finale, let´s see if we can finally beat oval master Simpson !!!!

#8 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

Race results :)

http://simresults.net/150110-84X
AP

Sim Racing Links