Race length: 60 laps
Start: Rolling Start behind pacecar
Fuel wear: 2x
Tyre wear: 2x

Weather conditions: sunny
Flag Rules: fullcourse yellows
Lucky Dog Rule: ON

Damage Multiplier: 50%

Startime for the practice session.: the usual one for the Oval Division: October 7th, 2014 1:00am GMT, Monday 6th, 21:00 EST

If somebody needs the password, post here and I will PM it to you.

Server is running this track now, so everybody can get some practice before the official practice

Be sure to download and install the latest RFM version for this mod. Unzip the content into the \rfm folder and let it overwrite the old version.

Link to download the track: Server Name: Atlas Oval http://www.adrive.co...higan_Pocono.7z
(the file includes Pocono, Michigan and Fontana!!!)
Track Name: USPits Pocono

Practice: 60 minutes
Qualy: 4 flying laps
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race length: 60 laps
Start: Rolling Start behind pacecar
Fuel wear: 2x
Tyre wear: 2x

Weather conditions: sunny
Flag Rules: fullcourse yellows
Lucky Dog Rule: ON

Damage Multiplier: 50%

Startime for the practice session.: the usual one for the Oval Division: October 7th, 2014 1:00am GMT, Monday 6th, 21:00 EST

If somebody needs the password, post here and I will PM it to you.

Server is running this track now, so everybody can get some practice before the official practice

Be sure to download and install the latest RFM version for this mod. Unzip the content into the \rfm folder and let it overwrite the old version.

Important: set the car to SPEEDWAY configuration BEFORE loginning into the server !!!

Attached Files

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 02 October 2014 - 08:22 AM.

AP

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

Raceday Gents :)
AP

#3 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Congrats on a fine victory, Terry!  I loaded my replay cap into Autosim Analyzer this morning and noted the gaps graph.  Looks to me that you had everyone nicely covered, drawing away consistently lap after lap.  Well done.

A great finish for the P2 & P3 positions!  Lee just edging out Arturo by a hair.  Thrilling stuff, gents!  :)

It seems that Juan and I were playing the 'waiting game' but in truth, I just wasn't on the pace at all and decided to just cruise and hope for the best.  I didn't even change-down T2 or T3.  Just left it in top all the way 'round.  I ran with the front wing well planed out to avoid the prospect of the tail breaking away in T2 and T3.  This cost overall pace...Terry put me a lap down by 2/3 distance...but was at least comfortable.

#4 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

Yes, congratulations to Terry for a fine win!!

I will post final results and points standings later today or tomorrow in the morning.

The race was a blast. At the start, Lee and Terry went away like if they had stolen the cars. Also Juan passed me easily and I thought about running with Donnie from the back. After some laps, tires got into the proper temp and I was able to pass Juan and started to close the gap with Lee, now 2nd. However, Terry and Lee were about 12s ahead or so.
I didn´t change tires in the first pitstop and went out ready to catch Lee, while Juan and Donnie were running at the back of the pack.
I could close the gap but tires were out of shape and Lee could keep the gap by when we were close to the 2nd pitstop.
Fuel and fresh tires this time. I had some fuel left before pitting, and the idea was to run with boost 3 or higher from then on (had used boost 1 till then). I could close the gap with Lee 1/10th at the time, but was about 4/10ths behind entering the last lap. I made some banzai moves at T1 and at T2, and I was right on his tail coming out of the last turn. However, the tow was not big enough as to try a pass before the S/F line :)
Lee did a great job without a single mistake. Juan and Donnie choosed a different strategy, and it didn´t pay dividends, and Terry did a fantastic job, making all the difference I think before the 1st pitstop and keeping it for the rest of the race, even if Lee and me finished about 4s behind him.

Off to Milwaukee Mile next week :)
AP

#5 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

Congrats to Terry for an amazing win!

It was great to be back racing, even if Pocono, a historic and challenging track, is not a favorite of mine.  It's not a favorite because it is hard for me to get the three completely different corners right consistently.  But after last night it has moved up the list.  I went back to an old setup and cranked up the engine braking and didn't touch the brakes all night, except for pitting.  I did make gear changes--5th and 6th, and boost changes--2 and 3.

I took the lead at the start but then Terry passed and drove away.  I drove in no-man's-land between Terry, 10 seconds ahead, and Art, 10 seconds behind, for most of the race.  At the end Art closed it down to less than a second with maybe 10 laps to go.  I figured he was just waiting and planning his final move to take second place away. But in the end I held him off and crossed the line surprised and happy in second place.

Congrats to Art for the really close race and the podium finish.

Edited by Lee Simpson, 07 October 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#6 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

Thanks guys, it was one of those nights everything works like a charm. :)

I was half a second slower than the lead on practice laps but I was always running with top fuel and race setup so I knew I was going to be close.  Race started and I decided to stay behind Art and Lee for the first stint but Art made a slow start and I was second on lap 1 without even expecting so. I followed Lee to a 10 secs gap or so to all the rest and around lap 4/5 I almost crashed into his tail on T2 as He slowed a bit more than I expected so I was barely able to make a hard left and passed him, lucky for both of us it was only scary but no damage.

Both pits worked OK and I just had to cruise to the end keeping the distance with Lee and Art.  There was a little concern when I saw Juan in front of me with some 15 secs advantage, I had lost track of his wereabouts on both pit stops and I wondered did he put some diferent strategy and has enough fuel to the end ? I wondered. But then after 3 or 4 laps He entered pits and everything went back to normal.

I was using an old setup Art gave me, just some minor changes to soften the rear end, exit of T2 and T3 specially can bite hard on this track, car was fantastic and I could do easy low 41.5 laps on boost 3, didnt dare to boost 5 to go under 40 but I think it was doable if needed. Anyone wants the set, just ring :)

Thanks everyone, it was fun to be back on the wheel again :)

Cyas next one !

#7 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

Race Results (check this site!!)

http://simresults.net/141008-n59
AP

#8 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

Cool, Artie!  TY for posting!  :)

Ummm...  What...pray tell...is 'AutoLift'?

#9 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Donnie :)

From the player´s PLR file:

Auto Lift="1" // Whether to automatically lift with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 08 October 2014 - 12:41 PM.

AP

#10 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

About the results, check this site :)

http://simresults.net/

AP

Sim Racing Links