C A R T 1998 - Oval Division Season 24 Race 12 - Michigan 150

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I'll do my best to make the show tonight, Arturo, but I must mention that there's more grief re the M-I-L clouding the picture.  :(

It's a 50-50 deal.

#42 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

I have one setup for Michigan and it is definitely for the SPEEDWAY chasis.

The track gdb file also calls out SPEEDWAY

Mich_JE
{
  Filter Properties = StockCar 2006 NSCRS SRGrandPrix OWChallenge TPSCC
  Attrition = 30
  TrackName = Mich_JE
  EventName = Mich_JE
  GrandPrixName = Mich_JE            //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
  VenueName = USPits
  Location = Brooklyn, Michigan
  Length = 2.0 Miles
  TrackType = Speedway

#43 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Well, I did not check the GDB file so this is my mistake. Let´s go with SPEEDWAY chassis then. My apologies :(
AP

#44 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on 11 August 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I'll do my best to make the show tonight, Arturo, but I must mention that there's more grief re the M-I-L clouding the picture.  :(

It's a 50-50 deal.

This race is doomed :(

Health comes first for sure. Do your best but show up anyway, even if you don´t race, though I hope you can make it.
AP

#45 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Looks like I'm a go for launch!  :)

Joining the server shortly...

#46 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Final Standings after Michigan ;)

Attached Files

AP

#47 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Well, after one of the toughest seasons that I can remember, it seems that, against my own thinking after the checkered, I could win the title. A bit unfair I would say because I only won 1 race, when Donnie won 3, Terry 5 and Lee 3 too.

That was also the order that we finished the Championship, with Juan in 5th position.

My race was weird since, as usual, I had plans that didn´t worked. A drive-through penalty after the 1st pitstop put me 2 laps behind the leaders so I decided to change the strategy for next pitstop. It didn´t work either so I finished 3 laps behind Lee.

Congratulations to Lee for the win and to Terry and Donnie for the podiums.

And thank you very much to all of you for another fun season. Without your help, all this stuff wouldn´t be possible :)

Off to planning next one now :)
AP

#48 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

ARTIE!  YOU DOG!  FOR THE WANT OF TWO LOUSY, STINKING POINTS, I'VE LOST THE TITLE RACE?!?!  ARGH...

:)

Congratulations, Supremo!  What a thrilling season!  I really enjoyed our CART98 run and look forward to S25.  It'll be hard to top S24, though.

Great drives by Lee and Terry this season.  The wins column shows as such.

The lasting impression from my point of view was blowing up my Toyota mill at both Monza and Indy.  Monza's engine grenade was a fluke...the overly-long finger nail accidentally catching the shift down paddle...while Indy's blowup was a complete surprise.  You just have to know that after those, I was little gunshy when it came to the powerplant.

Wouldn't it be great if we get a few more starters?  Not a full grid by any means but 10-12 entrants would be so keen.  I'll try to promote the series any chance I get.

Oh...  And a final note...

AAR takes P1 & P2 in the standings!  Dan is over the moon!  :)

#49 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Yes, sure it would be great to have more starters, but I guess the series is not very popular and there is rFactor2. Anyway, and since the target is to have fun, I had it. Lot´s of fun :)

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 14 August 2014 - 07:06 PM.

AP

#50 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

Great night.  I didn't think I had much chance to climb in the standings, but a win at this long delayed season finale felt pretty good.  And it was a rare a no yellow flag race so no having to review strategy as the laps progressed to 75.

Congrats to Art for another season win.  And congrats to Doni for making him sweat the whole way.  I mentioned many years ago that I heard Bobby Rayhal say that the Indy Championship could have been won (mid 90s) by finishing 5th in every race.  No wins necessary, just consistently finish the race in 5th every time.  So, I think it is not a matter of wins as much as it is finishing on the podium here at Atlas.

Yes, I'd like more racers too.

Thanks to Art for continuing to make this Monday night oval series happen.

Sim Racing Links