Start: Standing Start
Fuel wear: 2x
Tyre wear: 2x

Weather conditions: sunny
Flag Rules: fullcourse yellows
Lucky Dog Rule: ON
Damage Multiplier: 50%
Chassis Configuration: Roadcourse

Startime for the practice session.: the usual one for the Oval Division: Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 0:00am GMT; Monday, June 9th, 20:00 EST

If somebody needs the password, post here and I will PM it to you.

Server is running this track now, so everybody can get some practice before the official practice

It is MANDATORY to download and install the RFM file attached!! It has been modified to avoid the problem we had at Indy so it won´t happen again!!

Attached Files

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 06 June 2014 - 05:26 AM.

AP

#2 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

This track will not open for me when using CART Factor: 1998 AtlasF1 as the "race series."  The track opens fine when I use any other race series.

main menu:  Customize > Player > Race Series > Cart Factor 1998 AtlasF1

Error message:  "No opponent selected"

Same error message before and after rfm update.

Edited by Lee Simpson, 06 June 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#3 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

More info

I switched to:  main menu:  Customize > Player > Race Series > Cart Factor 1998 Season and the track loaded fine AND I can join the server race!

I compared the two rFm files and don't see anything obviously different that would cause my problem using Cart Factor 1998 AtlasF1.  But again I can join the server with Cart Factor 1998 Season.

I did find that the pit speed limiter does not work for me, at least on the server.

#4 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

Yesterdat I could join the server with the AtlasF1 file. Let me check that again!!
AP

#5 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

I could login into the server with both files, but when I join with the "CartFactor 1998 Season", it switched to the "CartFactor 1998 AtlasF1" when I got into the server.
With the "CartFactor 1998 AtlasF1" I was never asked to set opponents before joining the server with this track.

To avoid any doubts, here goes my complete \RFM folder. Unzip it into the \rFactor folder where the mod is installed and let it overwrite all the 11 files inside. Let me know if this worked out the problem!

There are some differences between both RFM files, but the one that caused the problem was the "FinishUnderCaution = 2" line. This is the only line I changed when compared with the old version of the AtlasF1 file.

Attached Files

• Attached File  rFm.7z   399.65K   5 downloads

AP

#6 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Hi, Artie!  :)

I've just installed your rfm files and downloaded the track.  I'll try things in just a few moments.

One question...  This event...like all of them, I suppose...notes that full-course yellows are in affect but this never seems to happen on road courses.  Would these feature be invoked with the new rfm?

#7 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hi Donnie :)

All the yellows stuff will be the same. I did not changed anything except the way the races can finish under yellow.
AP

#8 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

ok, thanks Art.  Your rFm files semed to fix the entry problem.

Still, the pit lane speed limiter does not work for me.

#9 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

Great :)

The pit lane speed has been set to 320 km/h by the creator of the track, so there is no speed limit at the pits.
AP

#10 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

smokin' :thumbs:

#11 Juan McMahon

Juan McMahon

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

:doh:
Posted Image

#12 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Sorry I did not help you Juan, but I was entering the pits as fast as I could and I did not expect a car stopped there. :(
AP

#13 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Congratulations to Terry on a dominating victory!  In a class of your own.  Well...  Mostly...  Juan was also dynamite last evening but I believe in checking the replay cap that he was disco'd in pit lane.  His car froze just after the chicane section and that was that.  Cruel luck to put it mildly.

A bit of a strange race perhaps brought about by the lack of a pit lane speed limit.  This had the potential to change everything.  I quite liked the feature.  Your thoughts, gents?  Also, I did like the venue.  Very fast.

Arturo scored a useful P3 and Lee a distant fourth with a busted Shell car.

The race seemed overly long to me.  Round about Lap35, I was ready to call it quits.  I found the race quite fatiguing.  Maybe it was just me on the night.  Dunno...

I ran a conservative strategy with the object to get home for a change and not frag the engine.  I could have run significantly faster and still held to just a three-stopper but with my luck of late, I wasn't going to take any risks.  That said, I don't know if I could have kept up with the flying McMahon Brothers or not.  They were on fire!

I'm going back to Silverstone '88 in the next couple of days to work on T3.  I seemed to be losing a lot of time there.  In some pre-race trials, I had a bugger of a time to stay on the road in the fiendish corner and as a result, adopted a conservative early turn-in technique that seemed much safer.  Not happy with that.

In the closing laps, I was well aware of the danger of being lapped by Terry so I upped the boost and maintained a gap that would get me into the 52nd lap.

Below, the highlights from the replay cap, gents!

00:38, Lap01 > The Start!  Doni leads away from the pole!  But not for long!  Juan guns him down going into T1 to take the lead.  Terry quickly passes Arturo for P3 and soon passes Doni to take over P2.  And we're only 1/2 a lap in, fans!
02:04, Lap02 > Terry clips brother Juan's tail going into T1 and swings WAY wide.  Doni siezes the moment to re-take P2.  But again, not for long!  Terry surges by again on the Hangar Straight and Doni makes it two-wide in Stowe.  Great action!
08:56, Lap07 > Arturo eases up and lets Lee pass for P4.  ???
10:26, Lap09 > Artie goes for a skate through the grass on the outfield of T1 and loses several seconds.
15:26, Lap14 > Juan sets to make for the pits but half-spins the ICI car.  Terry take advantage of this miscue and passes for the lead in pitlane.  Seconds later, it would appear that Juan is disco'd!  :(  All other runners also drop in for service.  Arturo finds a cramped pit stall as Doni is still being gassed up by the AAR crew.  Crucial time lost!  :(
26:44, Lap22 > Lee runs a little wide in T3 and before he can get back up to speed, Arturo surges by for P3.
28:20, Lap23 > Lee has a big off in Club but saves it!
29:12, Lap24 > T3 strikes again!  Lee has a minor off.
30:08, Lap25 > Lee misses T1 badly and ricochets off the outfield guardrail.  Damage for sure.
30:19, Lap25 > Again, T3 claims another as Artie has a half-spin.  A treacherouos corner if ever there was one!
31:14, Lap25 > Arturo heads pit side.

31:35, Lap26 > Half Distance.  Here's the situation as Terry hits the S/F line to mark 26 laps complete.
> Terry leads.
> Doni runs P2 some 27 seconds behind.
> Lee is P3 a whopping 62 seconds back of Terry.
> Arturo runs in P4 about 91 seconds(about 1-1/3 laps)behind Terry.  Arties's stop on Lap25 is key here.

33:49, Lap28 > Terry arrows into the pits.  He was within a handful of car lengths of lapping Lee.
34:21, Lap28 > Ditto Doni.
35:01, Lap28 > Ditto Lee.
38:13, Lap31 > Lee eases up and lets Doni through to go a lap ahead.  TY, Lee.
41:20, Lap34 > High Drama!  Lee gets messed up on braking for T3 and gives Doni a solid hit to the RR.  Both continue.  A close call.
50:44, Lap42 > Terry calls in for service for the last time.  Or is it?
52:55, Lap43 > Doni pits.
53:13, Lap42 > Lee pits for a final top-up.
53:21, Lap43 > Arturo goes pit side for the final stint.
53:49, Lap45 > As Artie and Lee get pit service, Terry flashes by on the pit straight to put Art down one lap, Lee two.
62:31, Lap51 > T3 is still hungry for more victims.  Arturo loops off into the infield and gently nudges the barrier.
63:03, Lap52 > Terry about to cross the S/F line for a convincing victory!  Doni cruises in on the last lap 1m12s later for P2.
63:50, Lap51 > Safe in P3, Arturo scores his last lap in pit lane.

And the replay cap >> Attached File  S24_Silverstone 1988.zip   7.27MB   0 downloads

"Or is it?"

Just trying to add a little suspense to the mix, gys.  :)

#14 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

Thanks on the report Doni, brillant as usual.

Dream race for me, the car was a rocket and solid all track around, on boost 1 I was doing 1.09 laps with no effort, surely didn´t expect that after practice and qualy. I really like this track and once I got into the rithm everything kinda flow easily, plus I was all alone for most of the race so the only thing I had in mind was do faster and faster laps.

I started on boost 3 till I figure out what the others were going to do but to my surprise I was able to pass both eagles and got into Juan tail´s within half a lap, cold tires musted been I remember thinking, so boosted down and decided to follow Juan see where I was standing. Incident on lap 2 as Doni says coulded been a disaster, I entered T1 flat in fourth gear right behind Juan and suddenly I realised He was a bit slower than me so I moved a bit left avoiding contact by 2 milimiters !!! and got cliped on my tail by Doni who was right behind me, getting minor damage to my rear wing. Lucky for us we could all continue.

Then first pit time came and I was still following Juan just a couple of seconds away, lap 14 and 2 gallons left on the thank showed that it was going to be a 3 stops race so I coulded boosted up a bit to catch Juan if needed. It wasn´t :(  He missed pit entrance and I passed him right before actual entrance and never saw him again, bad luck brother, if you woulded take the right lane I woulded be able to push you back to your pit, sorry for that, you deserved better, BTW guess you were higher than boost 1 ? wonder how you end up without fuel :(

After that as I said it was a solo flight to the end, only found Lee in my way, thanks for the extra space bud :)  and finished without issues, again the car was a cookie (as we say here) just perfect :)

This is one of the best tracks I´ve ever driven with this cars, both righhanders after long straight I was able to take them down in fifth gear, flat around 160 mph using all the wide of the track, awesome ride :)

On the speed limit free deal I agree with Doni, love to use it in every race :)

Everyone seemed to had trouble on T3, I was braking hard right before the 50 mts mark donwshifted to 3rd and let the car go, then by the middle of the turn, down to second and full throtle to come out, I did have some oversteer in practice, but that was if you pushed before the middle of the apex, maybe it was a setup issue ?

Thanks everyone, It was a BLAST !!!

Edited by TerryMcMahon, 10 June 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#15 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Great writeup Doni.

Congrats to Terry on the blindingly fast win!

I loved this track too.  I used my Road America setup with a couple of minor changes but it seemed pretty good here. I started (and stayed) at boost 1,and had a good time following Art in the early laps finding places where he would pull away and places where I could make up ground.  We swapped places at some point but then he passed me for good a little later on; while Terry, Juan and Doni were far in the distance.  The first pit (I think) was quite a traffic jam upon entry.  I actually bumped Juan before going around as I didn't know he was out of gas until I was up on jacks.  The rest of the race was a study in concentration and lack thereof.  Two offs cost me a extra minute in the pits for damage repair and the car was never really totally fixed so the last half of my race compromised slightly.

Other Thoughts
  • Thanks to Art for adding this track to the season.
  • Yes, the race was too long.
  • I really liked the "no pit speed limit" and would go with that for all road courses (a la old time F1).  Not sure about ovals but I'm open to the idea.
  • Terry was too fast.  We need to add weight to his car.

#16 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Terry...  I bumped you?  Was this at 02:08 in my supplied replay cap?  At this moment, I see you Hogan car suddenly lurch a bit for no apparent reason.  I had already swept by your RR tyre...missing it by a good 75cm...and was miles from you when your car gave this little hiccup.  I can only guess that rFactor panicked.  :)

#17 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on 11 June 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Terry...  I bumped you?  Was this at 02:08 in my supplied replay cap?  At this moment, I see you Hogan car suddenly lurch a bit for no apparent reason.  I had already swept by your RR tyre...missing it by a good 75cm...and was miles from you when your car gave this little hiccup.  I can only guess that rFactor panicked.  :)

Yeah, we are too far away from each other (in real life)  for the server to accurate measure 75cm :)   I felt the car going suddenly too far left, I wasn´t aware of you so close to me as I was trying not to hit Juan in my front, and noticed the bump because the graph showed my tail in yellow, later checking my replay you can see minor contact, but as I say, no harm done to anyone, we got out lucky this time :)

Remember the good old NR2003 days and the "WARP" issue ? hehehe you couldn´t get anywhere near than 5 feet or your car would jump in the air as if it was a rocket :)

#18 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

Graph?  GRAPH???  WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING GRAPHS!!!

:)

Haven't a clue what you're referring to here, TM.  Are you using unauthorized software in your ECM?  ARTIE!!!

Sim Racing Links