#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:10 AM

AtlasF1 Legends League :)

1. Mod to be used
We will run the 1970 World Sports Car Championship 1.00 mod for rFactor. This mod can be downloaded from this site:
http://csgt.comuv.com/

Look for it at the Projects/rFactor/Mods section.
We will use the Classics Sport Cars and Grand Touring 1970 sub-mod and we will run ONLY cars included in the Sports 5000 and Prototype 3000 groups.

2. Races
All races will consist of a 30min Practice session, a 30min Qualifying session, a 10min Warm-up session and next the official race. All races will take place on Tuesdays, according to the Schedule.
Official races will be set to 2x tire and fuel wear. Some of the races will demand to complete a predefined number of laps, while other events will demand to race for a predefined time, i.e. 1 hour. The details about these topics are specified in the schedule table.
Our server is named as: Atlas rFactor at the rFactor race list.
The password to access the server will be send to each driver through a PM at our forums:
http://forums.speedg...hp?showforum=98

You will need to register at the Speedgeezers forums to race with us. All drivers must use their real names to join the server. We prefer if you also use your real name at the forums, but this is not mandatory.
The Practice sessions will start at 24GMT, 19EST, 20EST5EDT.

3. Schedule
Races 2, 3 and 6 will use an rFactor time multiplier of 10, while races 1, 4, 5, 7 and 8 will use a Normal time Multiplier.
Races 2 and 6, will start under daylight, then night will come and the race will finish under daylight. Be aware of this since this means that half of the race will be runed at night.

Race # Race Track Date Class Real Time rFactor Time Laps
1 Buenos Aires 200km 01_BuenosAires 08/09/09 P3000+S5000 34
2 24hs of Daytona 01-Daytona1970 22/09/09 P3000+S5000 1h12m 10x
3 12hs of Sebring 02-Sebring1970 06/10/09 P3000+S5000 1 1x
4 Monza 200km Monza 20/10/09 P3000+S5000 53
5 Spa 200km 67Spa 03/11/09 P3000+S5000 23
6 24hs of LeMans 08-LeMans1970 17/11/09 P3000+S5000 1h12m 10x
7 Watkins Glen 200km Watkins Glen 01/12/09 P3000+S5000 51
8 Osterreichring 200km 11_Osterreichring 15/12/09 P3000+S5000 34

4. Race Format and Starting procedure
The first lap of all events will be part of the race, but will consist in a formation lap to prepare the grid for a rolling start, but without pace car. The leader will act as pace car.
All cars will lineup at the grid as for a standing start, and once the race time counter starts, the leader will start moving and the rest of the grid must lineup in a single file behind the leader, keeping their qualifying positions. The leader must not run faster than 150km/h (around 90mp/h) and all cars must be 1s apart from each other. If the leader must slow down at some sections, all cars should be ready to also slow down. The race at full speed will start when the leader crosses the S/F line.
If a car goes off the track, he must wait till the rest of the field passes him to rejoin the track. This will mean to start the race at the end of the line. Do not cause a wreck trying to join the track before the last car passes.

5. Championships
We will host 4 Championships: P3000 Drivers and Team Championships, and S5000 Drivers and Teams Championships.
Before the start of the season, each driver will have to select a unique car for each Group, and must run the same cars for the complete season. However, each driver can decide which car he will use at each event, either a P3000 OR an S5000, but will receive points ONLY for that Group.
Teams of up to 2 drivers are allowed. Before the start of the season, both drivers must select cars made by the same manufacturer, one for P3000 group and one for S5000 Group. The Team can decide which driver will participate in an event driving a P3000 OR an S5000 car, depending on their strategy but, both as a Team and as individuals, they will receive points ONLY for that Group Championship. If the Team decided to compete with both cars at the same Group, only the driver with the best final position will receive points.
Drivers will receive 10 points for finishing the whole race. If you do not complete the entire race, you will be awarded a percentage of the 10 points depending on the percentage of the race you completed. All drivers that start a race will receive their % of the basic 10 points, even if they finish the race in 9th position or higher.
In addition, the top 8 finishers will receive points as follows:
               1st. - 10 points
               2nd -  8
               3rd -  6
               4th -  5
               5th -  4
               6th -  3
               7th -  2
               8th -  1
Best 4 out of 5 races for each half of the season will count for both the Drivers and Teams Championships.

6. Chat
No chatting is allowed after the official Qualifying Session starts. Only 'Pit In' and 'Pit Out', or similar, are allowed. If it would be possible, leave the 'sorry' for the post race comments.

7. Incidents and Protests
If you feel an incident has unfairly affected your result then it's your responsibly for bringing it to the attention of the League Admins by submitting a protest. A description of your accusation is required together with a replay of the incident.
While normally the Admins will only review protested incidents, it is in his rights to review anything that took place during qualifying or a race. If an offense is serious enough, a penalty may be issued without a formal complaint being filed.
All complains/protests must be send to the Admins up to 24hs after the race is finished.
Penalties can range from just issuing a warning, to adding seconds or laps to a driver's race results, to loss of points, disqualification, suspension and banishment from the league.

8. Race Reports
All drivers are encouraged to post his comments about each race, either positive or negative. However, we will not tolerate any flame war here. If somebody would want to discuss an incident in public, it is ok, BUT keeps flames out of the thread. That discussion/analysis must be useful to avoid other incidents, not to find a guilty of charge.
All other AtlasF1 Legends League rules are in effect.

Edited by David Fletcher, 17 November 2009 - 09:04 PM.

AP

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

This next Tuesday, August 18th, we will run a practice session at LeMans 1970. If you want to join us, send me a PM and I will give you the password to access our server :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod in use: Classic SportCars and Grand Touring 1970
Classes allowed: PT3000 + S5000 (you can use a PT3000 OR an S5000 car. Do not enter the server with cars of other classes please)

Track: 08-LeMans1970 (download it from http://forums.speedg...showtopic=30051 )

Real startime of the Practice 1 session: 24:00 GMT , 19:00 EST/ 20:00 EST5EDT

Mechanical Failures: Time scaled

Practice 1: 20min
Ingame practice startime: 4pm

Qualy: 40min
Ingame qualy startime: 4pm

Warmup and drivers briefing: 10min
Ingame Warmup startime: 4pm

Ingame Race startime: 4pm
Race Length: 1 hour 12 minutes

Type of start: Rolling start

Fuel wear: 2x
Tyre wear: 2x
TimeScale Multiplier 20x
Weather conditions: sunny
Flag Rules: full

Damage Multiplier: 50%

Note 1: this is practice race so we can get familiar with rFactor procedures. I have no experience hosting rFactor races, so my apologies if something does not go as planned :)

Note 2:  Server will be hosting this kind of session at this track from now on. Feel free to join whenever you can to get practice. If you do not know the password, send me a PM, though I did not change it. It is the same password already in use by the server.
AP

#3 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:43 PM

Ditto as per my note over at the MZ, Artie!

:beerchug:

#4 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on Aug 15 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

Ditto as per my note over at the MZ, Artie!

:beerchug:

Hey Donnie :)

PM on your way at SRMZ. If it does not arrive by tomorrow, let me know !!
AP

#5 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

Ran off a few laps in Q on the server just about 8pm my time tonight, Artie.  I had initial trouble joining the server with a mis-match but that was cured by installing your nominated LeMans70 track download.  NP after that.

This is going to be FUN!  :)

#6 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on Aug 17 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

Ran off a few laps in Q on the server just about 8pm my time tonight, Artie.  I had initial trouble joining the server with a mis-match but that was cured by installing your nominated LeMans70 track download.  NP after that.

This is going to be FUN!  :)

Great :)

I thought about those mismatches being usual in rFactor, so I took care of installing in the server the same tracks I linked at the forum. Last minute surprises are not what I would like to see ;)
AP

#7 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

1970wsc -  5th. Practice Race On Tuesday, September 1st, 2009

200km of Buenos Aires

Classes allowed: PT3000 + S5000 (you can use a PT3000 OR an S5000 car. Do not enter the server with cars of other classes please)

Track: Buenosaires79 //callvote event #01_BuenosAires

Ingame practice startime: 2pm

Ingame qualy startime: 2pm

Ingame Warmup startime: 2pm

Ingame Race startime: 2pm
Race Length: 34 laps

Type of start: Standing start with 1 pace lap.

Note 1:  Server will be hosting this kind of session at this track from now on. Feel free to join whenever you can to get practice. If you do not know the password, send me a PM, though I did not change it. It is the same password already in use by the server.

This is the last practice before the official season begins, on September 8th :)

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 29 August 2009 - 01:20 PM.

AP

#8 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hoping to be there, Artie!

YIKES!  Look at the time!  Better get cracking!  :)

#9 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:23 AM

Hi, Artie!  :)

That was a good test last Tuesday evening.

Did I miss something somewhere?  During the test, I was aboard the Fillipinetti Ferrari 512C as you'll recall.  I 'thought' I caught a chat messaged from you that indicated that our opening round 'might' be restricted to the P3000 cars.  Have I got that wrong?  That wouldn't be anything new.  :D  RSVP.

Looking forward to the go!  :)

Oh, and are we restricted to the particular model type for the entire season?  By that I mean, if I drive the 512C @ Buenos Aires as per Tuesday's run, I'm not allowed to use the 512L model anywhere else and vice versa?  Just to clear up a point of order....

#10 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:03 AM

1970wsc - Season 1 Race 1 On Tuesday, September 8th, 2009

Classes allowed: PT3000

Track: Buenosaires79 //callvote event #01_BuenosAires

Ingame practice startime: 2pm

Ingame qualy startime: 2pm

Ingame Warmup startime: 2pm

Ingame Race startime: 2pm
Race Length: 35 laps

Type of start: Standing start with 1 pace lap. Once the green light is shown, the leader will start running at a speed of about 150kmh/90mph. The other cars must follow his pace leaving 0.5s/1s between cars. If you are off the track, wait till the fiels passes and rejoin the lineup in the last position. The race at full speed will start when the leader crosses the S/F line.

Note 1:  Server will be hosting this kind of session at this track from now on. Feel free to join whenever you can to get practice. If you do not know the password, send me a PM, though I did not change it. It is the same password already in use by the server.
AP

#11 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

So I'm OK with the Corvette then, Arite?

:rolleyes:

:)

#12 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:41 AM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on Sep 5 2009, 09:30 PM, said:

So I'm OK with the Corvette then, Arite?

:rolleyes:

:)

Hi Donnie :)

Sure, but you won´t be fast  :P
AP

#13 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

Hi, again, Artie!  :)

I jumped onto the server just moments ago to check and make sure that I was able to hook up without dramas.  NP.  No 'mis-matches'.  :)  Cut three test laps in the...uhhh...let's just say, 'sub-2:10 bracket'.   :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm good to go!

One question, tho...  If I've practiced a certain marque and car number, can I take any identical, 'sister' car?  I did have to do some jockeying about aboard the server, I found.  Bit of a nuisance, that.

#14 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:56 AM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on Sep 7 2009, 11:03 AM, said:

Hi, again, Artie!  :)

I jumped onto the server just moments ago to check and make sure that I was able to hook up without dramas.  NP.  No 'mis-matches'.  :)  Cut three test laps in the...uhhh...let's just say, 'sub-2:10 bracket'.   :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm good to go!

One question, tho...  If I've practiced a certain marque and car number, can I take any identical, 'sister' car?  I did have to do some jockeying about aboard the server, I found.  Bit of a nuisance, that.

Hi Donnie,

Do you mean that, if you´ve driven a 917, to race the P3000 you would want to drive a 908? If that is correct, sure you can. Just be sure your can has not been already selected by other driver. THere is a list of cars available and assigned at the AtlasF1 forum :)
AP

#15 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

No, Artie.  Clearly, I failed to communicate what I was driving at.  Sry.

It's no bother now, tho, since I discovered a function in the setup/garage menus that let's me borrow data from a 'sister' car.  Piece of cake!  :)

Initial outing went not too badly in some respects but I crashed early spiralled-in ultimately.

Grats to David K on a fine win.  Vive la Matra!  :)

PS: I forgot to nominate the replay cap function for tonight and have nothing in reference.  Could we please have the server-version uploaded?  TY.

#16 David Kennard

David Kennard

GTR2 Americas Director

• ADC Admins
  • 2,149 posts
  • Interests:Racing (D'oh), Sim and Real World.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:52 PM

Thanks Donnie, great fun tonight once you got a pace down, I really have to tip toe the Matra through the corners but it had speed on the straights to compete with the Ferrari drivers today.

Donnie had the lead early in a sister Matra but his race took a big hit after he was sent airborne when another car lost control (easy in these cars) and they hit hard.
DY made it back to the pits with at least one front wheel completely off kilter but his crew did get him back on track after a lengthy stop.

I ran the car 1/2 distance before pitting and elected to fuel, change tires but not repair any body work, the Ferrari driver I ended up battling with at the end took only fuel and it cost him at the end.
His shorter stop produced a nice lead that I could only whittle away at with the laps counting down, but as his tires went so too did his lead.
I was concerned at the end that I might not have enough fuel to make the finish so once I caught up I decided to just stay behind him and maybe force another error.
After running this way for a few laps the mistake came and I went by and built enough of a lead that I was able to slow down, short shift and conserve my fuel and I crossed the line in P1 with 3 liters left.

Thanks to Anthony  :thumbup:  as I ended up using the Team ADC Le Mans setup he has been testing and it produced it's first victory  :1a: , let's hope we see some of the same success at Le Mans.

Thanks to Arturo and AtlasF1 for running this event and series, I am looking forward to the rest of the season

Donnie, attached is my replay: Attached File  GPCBuenosAires_3.zip   10.93MB   1 downloads

Sim Racing Links