• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

ROUEN:

This one rolls off tomorrow night for the AVG DIV.  In the zip, a revised 2x2 staggered layout for ALL MODS.  The config also features a revised pitguy location just up-track of T2.  If you don't like it, simply kill the appropriate line in the 'track.ini' file by placing a ";" at the start of it.  Then remove the "';" in front of the original line.  To install, simply unzip the contents of the 'revised' folder to the 'rouen' track folder and allow over-writes.

Attached File  rouen_grids_Jan_2010.zip   11.16K   7 downloads

Before installing to the SGN/ADC server, please test to satisfy yourself that everything is kosher.  :)

I'll look to address other grids for the January 2010 roster in the next several days.

Doni

#22 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

EDMONTON:

The original grid offers a 2x2 staggered affair but with only 6m longitudinal spacing.  Not enough, imo.  Further, the lateral spacing is just OUT THERE at fully 9m?!?!  Way, way too much, imo, as you almost lose sight of the car directly ahead.

My revised grids...for ALL CURRENT MODS...features a 10m longitudinal spacing with 5m lateral.  Further, subsequent rows are offset from the row ahead for a shot at blasting thru the gap.  :)

Original grid is contained in the zip for backup/archival purposes.  Just unzip all the new, revised track.ini files directely into your 'edmonton' folder.

Edmonton features a really long main straight.  Is it worth modifying our 'NO PASSING TIL AFTER T1' rule to...'NO PASSING BETWEEN THE PLAYER'S SIGN AND TI'?  Up to the Player's sign, it's every man for himself on L1.   :rolleyes:

Attached File  edmonton_grids_Jan_2010.zip   9.09K   7 downloads

With luck, I'll be around to monitor the show tomorrow afternoon.

Good Luck!

#23 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

Some revised grid layouts for February, 2010, gys.

Some...but not all...of the track.ini files contain mileage data for particular mods.

Just unzip to the track folder named.

Good Luck!  :)

For Monza10K, Brno49, Watkins Glen and Sebring...

Attached Files

#24 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

You're a peach, Donnie. Thanks for all the work; we really enjoy it. Hope everything's OK for you and yours.

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#25 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

ADC GPL Director

• ADC Admins
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

Thanks Donnie, downloaded and installed the new grids on the server.

#26 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:25 AM

And I'll get them installed on my pc for the Americas events. Thanks Donnie!

Dave
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#27 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

For March, 2010...

The files contained in the zips reflect changes in the starting grids to all the tracks plus a shift of the location of the pitguy for all but Zandvoort.  Further, all the current mods have dedicated track.ini files now so there will be consistancy across the board no matter which year is selected.  Just unzip the file and drop the new ini's into the corresponding track folder.

Monsanto

Attached File  2010 monsanto grids.zip   8.32K   9 downloads

Mosport

Attached File  2010 mosport grids.zip   8.51K   6 downloads

Goodwood

Attached File  2010 gwood girds.zip   8.32K   5 downloads

(Spell much!  :D)

Riverside(USGP1960)

Attached File  2010 riverside grids.zip   7.95K   6 downloads

Zandvoort

Attached File  2010 zandvoort grids.zip   9.43K   8 downloads

Good Luck, everyone and have some fun!  :)

Doni

#28 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

ADC GPL Director

• ADC Admins
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

Downloaded and installed on the server, but I didn't get to test them yet.

Thanks, Donnie

#29 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

Whoa!  I'm falling behind here!  DOH!!!

After last evening's Monaz go in the GP69's, I checked my files only to find that no dedicated 'track.ini' had been whipped up for the winged wonders.  There's a revised grid for the GP67's but that will not activate for other MODs.  Attached here, then, are ini files to cover revised grids for all MODs at Monza:

Attached File  2010 june monza grids.zip   7.31K   4 downloads

As for Sachsenring67, I brewed one up ages ago but forgot to post it.  This one was a peach!  There's precious little room available from the S/F line back to the last corner and it took a couple of hours of hard work to try to come up with something acceptable for our online racing.  The front rows weren't bad but trying to accomodate the last few rows was a nightmare!  If you look at the numbers in the file, you'll see what I mean; the placements for those last rows bounce all over the place to get them situated properly.  Here she is:

Attached File  2010 sachsr67 grids.zip   8.86K   4 downloads

But wait!  There's more!  :)

I'm providing here a totally revised, EXPERIMENTAL grid for Sachs67 that places the grid BEFORE the last corner on the straight where I've got lots more room to operate.  I tested it just this morning and it works fine across all MODs.  As per our ADC T1 rule, there would be no passing off the grid and until the field exited the last corner...or even down to T1 as per our rule.

Tom...  Please give the EXP grid a try and tell me what you think.  TY.

Attached File  sachs67 exp grid.zip   7.06K   4 downloads

As always, make sure to backup your original track.ini's before installing these new ones.  My files indicate that we are covered for revised grids up to the end of June, 2010.

EDIT!!!

I should have explained that the revised Sachsenring 67 grid, in being placed round the corner from the grid proper, means that nobody...but NOBODY...can see the starter.  ???  This is not the problem it may seem.  In GPL, cars on the grid which fail to move off from the drop of the green flag prompt a message at the upper left portion of the screen.  It reads, 'Press F1 for Help', iirc.  This, then, becomes your green flag to start the race.  Over at the NAGPL, we use this method to start the Indy 200 at IMS with the field placed on the back straight once they 'go to track'.  Nobody moves til they get the help prompt.  The field then moves off on a pace lap at about 80 mph with the leader selecting his acceleration point somewhere along the front straight.  That's when the race really commences.  Here for Sachs67, the grid may move off from its initial placement once it gets the help prompt but only go racing after they exit the last corner or, indeed, not til after T1 as per usual.

#30 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

I believe that we are all up to speed on grids for ALL MODS for events on the July, 2010, calendar.  I'll keep a close eye on things for each event as it rolls around, tho...just in case.  :)

#31 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:56 AM

For Snetterton67...

With the Glyn Lloyd Memorial Race to come off next weekend, I've checked the track.ini file and made some revisions for our online races.  In the zip, the original file for archive/backup + revised grid patterns and pitgy locations for all MODS.

Attached File  2010 snett67 grids.zip   8.99K   4 downloads

#32 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

Our Big Race comes up this month @ Goodwood.

Here are revised grids for all the MODS.  A separate file is provided with a copy of the original for backup/archival purposes.

Attached File  2010 gwood girds.zip   8.32K   3 downloads

Near as I can tell, all other circuits for the month of November, 2010, have been uploaded previously.

Special Note to Dave:  Dave...  What version of Sebring will we use this month?  A new one has recently been released.  RSVP.

#33 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

NURBURGRING - SPORTS GT MOD ONLY

Here's a revised track.ini file for the S67 Sports GT MOD.  It borrows the 3x2 grid layout from other MOD files I've massaged.  Save a copy of the original 'trackGT.ini' file for backup/archive purposes.

Attached File  trackGT.zip   1.66K   4 downloads

Note: This event rolls off tomorrow so...

#34 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

BSARTHE/LEMANS SPORTS67 GT MOD

Here's a tuned track.ini for the S67 MOD.  It opens up the grid slightly from the original 5m spacing to fully 10m in a staggered pattern.  I've just tested it with the AI and seems to be A-OK.

As for the location of the pit board display for those who don't use Priblooby or whatever it's called, the user is presented with three options.  Why?  The sports cars have portions of the forward view blocked by the A-pillars and rear view mirrors.  It varies from car to car as to where the forward view is obscured.  You may find that, for the particular car that you're driving here at LeMans, a pit board location on the left is virtually useless.  Ditto for another marque if the board is on the right.

In the zip provided, you have the original 'trackGT.ini' file for backup/archival purposes plus three more that achieve re-location of the pit board.  Use the one that suits you best.

It's all very self-explanatory.  Use the 'trackGT.ini' in the 'left' folder for having the pit board show on the left side on the exit to the Mulsanned hairpin.  All you do is just copy it into the 'bsarthe' track folder and allow it to overwrite any identically named file that's already there.  Better to have the board on the right?  Select the 'trackGT.ini' file from the 'right' folder and copy it into the 'bsarthe' track folder.  I'll bet you've already guessed what will happen if you copy the 'pits' folder trackGT.ini file into the bsarthe folder, right?  It defaults to the right side where, of course, the pits are located.

Attached File  bsarthe-lemans grids.zip   7.6K   13 downloads

Have fun!  :)

#35 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

BRANDS67 - for ALL MODs including GT67.

Hot off the presses!  :)

Here's a revised grid layout for the GT MOD based upon earlier changes to our formula car classes.  Further, you are now presented with the option of having the pit board show on either the infield(right)or outfield(left)as you pass the pits.  This is done especially with the GT cars in mind since some cars obscure the standard locations thanks to their A-pillars and inside mirrors.  Try each to see which is best for you.  In tests, the right-side option was excellent for the GT40.  The left-side was required for the Chaparral 2D.

Attached File  brands67 grids 12-23-2010.zip   21.08K   15 downloads

Best of Luck!  And the Best of the Holiday Season to All!  :)

#36 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

GRID AND PIT BOARD REVISIONS FOR ALL GT67 TRACKS

ALL REVISED OVER CHRISTMAS, 2010, AND SUPERCEDE ALL PREVIOUS GRID/PIT BOARD LOCATIONS.

Some formula car grid layouts have also been altered.  You will see those in the contained zips where applicable.

Realizing that cockpit views of the pit board can be obscured by the A-pillars and rear-view mirrors of the GT67 cars depending on which model you choose to drive, the track.ini files provided in these multiple zips addresses solutions for each of the 1967 Sports GT Championship tracks.  Further, grid layouts have been re-examined and spread out further in some cases.  Backups have been provided in case you encounter troubles with the revised files.

The Targa Florio was not adressed as to the pit board location...longitudinal position, left or right...as who can string two laps together around there anyhow?   :lol:

Attached File  2011 gt67 trak ini group.zip   92.24K   8 downloads

The main zip above contains individual zips for each of the tracks concerned.  Good Luck with 'em!  :)

#37 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

Montlhery Grid Revisions:

Provided for the GT MOD only.  (It's not like we're going here with GP cars any time soon, is it?   :lol: )

Attached File  28-01-2001 mntlry grids.zip   4.44K   6 downloads

Good Luck!  :)

#38 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Thank you, Donnie. Your efforts are greatly appreciated  :thumbup:

Dave
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#39 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Yes, indeed, Donnie. I really appreciate being able to get the pit message on the side that works. We all appreciate the spacing when the green drops.

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#40 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

ADC GPL Director

• ADC Admins
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Downloaded and installed on the server.

Sim Racing Links