• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#41 John Ollis

John Ollis

• ADC
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hi Chuck,

This Michele Sprovieri Crystal Palace setup is probably a good starting point. Maybe a fraction over-geared. But to be honest I think the Ferrari is a bit of a handful at this track. I managed a 39.97 in it, but it was very hard work compared to the Lotus 63. The 63 is a fine choice here I reckon, handles very well indeed and not really penalised by its lack of top end at such a short track.

John.

Attached File  69MicCrystalFerr69.fe1   272bytes   85 downloads

#42 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:38 PM

I tried all of MC's Crystal setups (Brab, Fezz, and Matra), and they seem to work pretty well out of the box. Crank on the wing, fellas. Top end is useless, here. :) I'm runnin' 14+ front and rear. Personally I like the Brab better than the others: more consistent with the 39's. Sorry Glyn. :moon:  :)

BTW at T1, start as wide to the left as you can get, a little trailing brake, throw it in Alonso style, and mash the loud peddle. Think sprint cars.  :D

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#43 Steelman

Steelman

• ADC
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:GPL ( natch).online and offline racing. Music(playing pedal steel guitar)..Fly Fishing and Fly Tying. Model Railroading ( currently in HO Fine Scale)<br />and stirring my Aussie mates :)

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:54 PM

Jim, John and Mike.....you guys are doing this deliberately aren`t you ?   :bash:  

I took a leaf out of your books tho` and cranked on a bit more wing  front and rear  (driving the 49b btw)  and times went down from high 43s down to a 40.31.with consistant laps in the low 41s   :banana: so I`m getting a bit better...don`t know if I`ll get near a 39  though  but the times i`m on should keep me ahead of the back of the pack for a nice change....providing I don`t do anything silly of course  :P

Hope to see some good action on Wed. and maybe give a couple of you a fright by being halfway competetive for a change...especially want to beat at least one of my adversaries    ( Donny and RJ )  :lol2: ...that would make my day for sure  :flipa:

See y`all there  :D

Glyn  ( just a slow old GIT trying to be a  :gpler:  :huh: )
Posted Image

Start of GPLRank     + 195.697
UPDATED Sept.22-07 +124.972  Coming down slowly :)
Updated May 14th 2008   +121.852

( The hurrider I goes the behinder I gets )

#44 Robert John

Robert John

• ADC
  • 739 posts
  • Interests:Sim-Racing..GPL, Firearms, Reloading, Military History, My Wiener Dog

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

Nice lap Glyn  :clap:

Mike B's Crystal Palace setup has got me a 40.18. 14/15 on the wings. Don't think I'll get much better. Add all the wing you can Glyn, and tighten up the "strap", cause your gonna need it...Git. :P  

Thnks Mike for the setup. Hope to see you all there sometime this week.

Rj

#45 John Ollis

John Ollis

• ADC
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

View PostSteelman, on Oct 3 2006, 03:54 AM, said:

...down to a 40.31.with consistant laps in the low 41s   :banana: ...
That's the ticket Glyn! :clap:

Like Jim says downforce is all here. Speed through T1 and the subsequent corner complex seems to be pretty important too. My current L63 best is 40.11 but I shall try a little more wing tonight.

Sure is a frenetic little go-gart track, but I'd hate to see some of these oddities eliminated entirely from the ADC schedule, to echo the other thread. Variety is one of the things that keeps me at this club. :)

#46 Steelman

Steelman

• ADC
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:GPL ( natch).online and offline racing. Music(playing pedal steel guitar)..Fly Fishing and Fly Tying. Model Railroading ( currently in HO Fine Scale)<br />and stirring my Aussie mates :)

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

Ooooohhh   looks like RJ has accepted a challenge   :lol2:

Appreciate the wings tip  mon ami   thanks :D

While all these `super quick` laps are great let us not lose sight of one small factor....we are doing them while in private pracice.....just ourselves and the clock........on race night there will be other cars and drivers in the mix...also other wee things like  lag, warping cars, frame stutters  to deal with   and probably other things I haven`t come with.......this is all part of what makes online racing exciting and challenging  and  also a `game of chance`    

I am looking forward to a great nights entertainment  with my friends....for me. I`m just going to concentrate on staying on the black-top    would be lovely to finish a race without an " off the track"  mark against my name  :D .

See you all on Wed.  mes amis  and GLA   :beerchug:

Glyn  ( just a slow old GIT trying to be a  :gpler:  :huh: )
Posted Image

#47 Steelman

Steelman

• ADC
  • 982 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:48 PM

Well...looks like I have to eat my words about `super fast laps only being done in private`.....now we have people doing 38s  at Falkenburg !!!!!  :blink:  and during a race as well  :alien:s ????   you betcha

So...what are us "AVERAGE" drivers supposed to make of that eh ?

Just when I thought I was doing well too , think I`ll go find a beer or two to cry into  :weeping:  :weeping:

Glyn ( just a super slow old GIT trying to be a  :gpler:  :unsure: )
Posted Image

#48 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:10 PM

View PostSteelman, on Oct 3 2006, 11:48 PM, said:

Well...looks like I have to eat my words about `super fast laps only being done in private`.....now we have people doing 38s  at Falkenburg !!!!!  :blink:  and during a race as well  :alien:s ????   you betcha

So...what are us "AVERAGE" drivers supposed to make of that eh ?

Just when I thought I was doing well too , think I`ll go find a beer or two to cry into  :weeping:  :weeping:
Glyn ( just a super slow old GIT trying to be a  :gpler:  :unsure: )

Hay Glyn as one of the (AVERAGE) or below drivers in the 69s I am now in the low 42s and in the 67s I am in the low 44s. I am afraid to put to much time in the 69s because I forget how to drive the 67s and it takes me 20 mins to get it back. LOL I will make for a good back marker for Syd :) about every 8-10 laps.

Chuck

Edited by RaceFreek, 03 October 2006 - 09:11 PM.

Anger is one leter short of Danger

#49 John Ollis

John Ollis

• ADC
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:05 AM

View PostPhil Neville, on Oct 2 2006, 06:17 AM, said:

I know Solitude is a couple of weeks away but here's Sandy K's T77 set-up. I noticed a certain Mr. Beattie has posted a 3.39 on GPL Rank so I thought I'd better start practicing now! :D
Here's a Honda setup for those that fancy a spin in the 65 rice-burner (a much nicer proposition than its bad-tempered, overweight 67 sibling, it has to be said). It's a re-gearing of Phil Flack's Clermont setup. I'm sure it could be improved for this track, but like I said, I'm lazy when it comes to setups. :D

That's a pretty sharp time you've posted on GPL Rank too Phil. I'm a few seconds adrift of that, even with Honda power.

John.

Attached File  65n5_Solitude.mu1   264bytes   88 downloads

#50 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:21 AM

Thanks  :thumbup:
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ
Duisburg Ruhrort, Germany

#51 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

Speaking of Solitude in the 65s, here's a BRM setup. I just took JRP's Stable Dunrod setup and adjusted the gears a bit. Bon apetit.

Jim

Attached Files

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#52 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:55 AM

View PostJohn Ollis, on Oct 9 2006, 01:05 PM, said:

Here's a Honda setup for those that fancy a spin in the 65 rice-burner
Attachment attachment
Cheers John. As soon as I'd loaded this one up I was immediately ripping off...wait for it...3:46's!
'What's new about that?' I hear you cry. Well after getting back to the garage I noticed that the tyre temps were 'not' to my usual readings.
As the 'Four Wheel Drift' bible suggests, I always aim for even across - except the inner temps being slightly higher.
Once I'd tweaked the cambers a tad, I was immediately churning out 3:44's hehe.
So...as an experiment I thought I'd throw this setup back-at-yer with that minor adjustment and see if I'm talkin' out of my arse again or that 'setups' are indeed dependent on individual driving style hehe.

Attached Files

O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#53 John Ollis

John Ollis

• ADC
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:05 AM

View PostMark Casey, on Oct 10 2006, 07:55 AM, said:

... Once I'd tweaked the cambers a tad, I was immediately churning out 3:44's hehe.
So...as an experiment I thought I'd throw this setup back-at-yer with that minor adjustment and see if I'm talkin' out of my arse again or that 'setups' are indeed dependent on individual driving style hehe.
Thanks Mark, I shall give that a whirl :)

#54 Phil Neville

Phil Neville

• ADC
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:25 AM

View PostJohn Ollis, on Oct 9 2006, 02:05 PM, said:

That's a pretty sharp time you've posted on GPL Rank too Phil. I'm a few seconds adrift of that, even with Honda power.

I can't beat my Cooper time with a Honda either! :D I reckon the Coop's much more user friendly here. You might lose time on the straights but it's easier to pick your line through twisty stuff.

#55 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:31 AM

View PostJohn Ollis, on Oct 10 2006, 07:05 AM, said:

Thanks Mark, I shall give that a whirl :)
No worries John. and if it turns out that you're staggering along like a drunk W.A. scrubber with a yankee sailor on each arm....at least the Honda Sounds like it's going fast hehe.
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#56 John Ollis

John Ollis

• ADC
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

View PostMark Casey, on Oct 10 2006, 08:31 AM, said:

No worries John. and if it turns out that you're staggering along like a drunk W.A. scrubber with a yankee sailor on each arm....at least the Honda Sounds like it's going fast hehe.
Definitely feels like an improvement Mark. I'm determined to squeeze at least a 3:41 before the week is done. Came within a gnat's whisker last night.

John.

#57 Keir

Keir

Part-time Privateer

• ADC
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Motor racing, juggling, the internet.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:05 PM

Can anyone be so kind as to fling a nice and easy to drive Cooper setup for Watkins Glen my way?  Would be grateful!
...and there's no damage to the car.....except to the car itself.

#58 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

Keir,

With your speed, don't try to work the pity angle. Ain't gonna happen. :)

Feiner Kerl makes some very forgiving setups, though they may have too much "push" for you.

Jim

Attached Files

#59 Phil Neville

Phil Neville

• ADC
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:19 AM

For Papy tracks I've been using the '25T' setups since my +rank days (not sure who made them... Chris Moses I think). They've got me to -25 and I still don't think I'm getting the most out of them. Most track/car combinations are covered :gpler:  

Welcome back Keir, btw.  :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  25t.zip   33.1K   79 downloads

#60 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:12 PM

Thanks, Phil. :)

Jim

Sim Racing Links