• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hi Guys,

I did some forum maintenance. I moved a few topics here and there that were under the incorrect section.
I moved the new track announcements from this forum over to "Racing League Info". The "TSG" forum is really for the Track Selection Group to discuss selections for the upcoming seasons. etc. So, if you would be so kind as to announce new tracks in the "Racing League Info" section.

Thank you very much :)

Eric

Edited by EFulghum, 28 December 2014 - 12:26 PM.

oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#2 Killer-Miele

Killer-Miele

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

hallo TSG

i drive all real tracks there i can found
i dont like ovals , fantasie tracks
when i can help , i will do this
i dont know what the work is from the TSG
and my english is not the best but i will do something
for OAO
i am so happy that i can drive here
bye miele

#3 RacingPanzer

RacingPanzer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Hello TSG and fellow racers,
I have a suggestion and recommendation.I recently had the pleasure and the honour to meet Frank and saw the great amount of tracks that he knows and drives regularly. I was impressed. He showed me many tracks I wasn't aware of, and knows them well. I don't think anybody in oao drives in so many tracks and so regularly.
I think Frank could give valuable help to the TSG in suggesting and selecting tracks. Furthermore, he is dutiful and enthusiastic about the tracks and about testing them. I am sure he would take such task earnestly.

My two cents.. :)
Cheers, and good racing. ;)

#4 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

Which tracks?

Eric

#5 RacingPanzer

RacingPanzer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

Read Frank's post.

Many tracks are selected per season, and at times we have had problems with some of them (I can name some just from memory).
This is not a small task, and in my view the league could only benefit from more help.

#6 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

Can you provide a link to the post, I cant find it.
I just wanna race

#7 RacingPanzer

RacingPanzer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:49 AM

Don't you know Miele is Frank?
How long have you been here?

#8 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

Hey, take it easy. People were supposed to be using their real names to avoid nonsense like this, but that has not really been enforced.

My question, "Which tracks?", was directed to you Panzer in regards to your statement, "He showed me many tracks I wasn't aware of...". I was just curious which ones you were referring to.

Eric

#9 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostRacingPanzer, on 14 January 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

Don't you know Miele is Frank?
How long have you been here?

See the thing is Frank is using the same Nick here as ingame so I never made the association between the two names. The more you learn
9 years in July.
I just wanna race

#10 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

But seriously guys, Frank is offering help to the TSG. I know Bruce asked during pre-season through mailing who was interested for TSG and such, but as Frank drives a lot of different tracks online and has tons of experience, he might be a valuable asset. ;)

#11 Iestyn Davies

Iestyn Davies

RustyIesty - Speedy

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:GPL! :-)
    Music + Sport

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

Frank could help, I know he drives a lot of tracks. I'm sure Claudio will see Frank's offer here eventually.

The key with the schedule is balance.. e.g. round 1. I would have personally loved to have started the season at Lourenco Marques, but with Spa67 already providing too much of a headache for some members, there has to be enough papy/old tracks for lower end hardware/less practice time members - thus we have East London.

We might get some discos (hopefully not, though it's known to occur here - ukgpl had to re-run a recent 65 round), but it's the price we pay to guarantee that everyone can join at least a third (hopefully half) of the tracks on the schedule and get a solid 36 fps minimum.

Meeting up - cool, where did that happen? Germany? Brazil? :rockon: :sun: JonnyO told me you are away rowing Ivan.. have you tried Spa67 yet? Such a challenge! :gpler:
GPLrank: -75, Monster: -405
oAo: s18 Best season yet!
oAo: s17 Anglo-American Racers?
oAo: s10 Soaring Eagles! :)
oAo: s9 Belligerent Buskers' Brabham! ;)
oAo: s8 Impossible Dreams' Honda!

#12 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

There are three topics in here (TSG) by me where I was testing alot of tracks. I also listed which ones I thought were good. The two topics are "Tracks New To Me #1, #2" and "Driving Some New Tracks". But as I remember some of those tracks were considered "bad" for various reasons. A list of "bad" tracks exists somewhere. "bad" meaning not suitable for league use for technical reasons.

#13 Sadik

Sadik

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

The "Bad Tracks" can be found........ in the left side grey Main Menu / TSG link. It may be slightly out of date.
As well as which ones have been usen in past seasons.

#14 RacingPanzer

RacingPanzer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

Frank knows, at the least, a great majority of the real tracks available (excluding fantasy tracks and ovals).
The nicknames in forum and chat have been around for a long time and with many fellow league members.
It would be silly to try to blame the nickname users. Hopefully, that did not happen here.

I hope I can drive the new Spa some time soon, Iestyn. It's one of my favourite tracks. I bet it's a great challenge indeed.
Frank and I met in Berlin. I've been travelling around. :)

Sim Racing Links