• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hi guys...
I have been putting in some laps at the Sachsenring. It is nearly impossible to make many laps in a row with out crashing.
The big cintributor to this is the damn strip of "sticky dirt" on both sides of the track. If you put a wheel even slightly off, you get sucked off the track to your doom.
This track will destroy many teams. It is worse than Bremgarten in my opinion.
It is not hard enough with the slippery tarmac, dips that can send the car into a spin, curbs, walls, high speed section with drop-away banking on both sides, it also has to have "sticky dirt" everywhere.

Is there someone who can get rid of that "sticky dirt"? If not, I say we replace this track on the schedule.

Eric
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#2 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm afraid the driving surface is fixed. Also why would you replace a track just because its hard to get right. Adjust your driving to the track not vice versa.
I just wanna race

#3 RacingPanzer

RacingPanzer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

I drove a few laps with Frank some days ago and I had some CTDs.. Anyone else had such problems?

#4 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ivan - have you installed the track version  i posted from Michi?   i don't even get FPS hits..  where the previous tracks i had, i did. potential CTD's i'm sure with them.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#5 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostMichkov, on 12 June 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I'm afraid the driving surface is fixed. Also why would you replace a track just because its hard to get right. Adjust your driving to the track not vice versa.

It is not the driving surface that I was talking about. It is just off the driving surface.
I am insulted by your comment Michi. I have learned many, many tracks. The idea that I would not try very hard to get it right is insulting. I am not making the suggestion because I do not want to try. I am making the suggestion because this track will be the doom of many teams. Real tracks have been abandoned by real racing series because of their danger. Corners on real tracks have been reconfigured because they were awkward and no one liked them. Entire ovals have been torn up and redone for these same reasons. What I am suggesting is not cowardly, but wise. Besides my first suggestion was to fix a texture strip, not replace the track.

Eric
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#6 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

i think 'most' tracks that get modified or dropped from from a real racing series was only after they found its condition to be - awkward, or dangerous even.
we've raced Sachsenring before. yes, some do have issue with staying on track, and no, i don't have results at hand to point out how many... or how many finished. but no one has ever called for it 'never to race here again'........ and we have had those kinds of calls, just not for this track :)
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#7 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

With driving surfaces I was referring to any surface you drive on not just the road. GPL uses around 16 different surfaces you can drive on. Which have different grip and smoothness values to it. GPL tracks get their surfaces from a locked file, so modifying it would require recompiling the whole track. It's not a texture, you can switch the texture with ease as its just the wallpaper for the surface. It wont change its physical properties though.
I just wanna race

#8 RacingPanzer

RacingPanzer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

I will take a look and test it, Bo. Thanks.

Sim Racing Links