20 replies to this topic

#1 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

After a terrible week.. after a terrible day (i had to work on saturday), missed my train, so i just barely made it in time....

Couldn't even practise... had to do a timed lap on the last 5 minutes (negative coin count)...

Started all the way in back because i couldn't get a good timed lap...

Made some positions at the start... gained some positions.

Ran in P10.. made a mistake.. fell back, climbed back up to P11...

Whilst battling for P10... Screen Freeze...

FML!!!
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

#2 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

A very nice circuit, with T1 and T2 especially fun.  I qualified 6th, about half a second down on my PB. Took advantage of Francois' poor start and slid into 5th, where I stayed until the end. Francois (twice) and Mick applied pressure, but made errors. Tim in front was easing away, about 3 seconds ahead, until the last 5 laps, when I was starting to gain, but it was nowhere near enough.

#3 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

Coming into this final event I was still battling for the worthless award that goes to the highest climber for the season, so I took no qualifying laps and began the race in 16th (of 16) place. I passed a couple of cars before T1 then settled in behind John, Kayo, and Niky for what seemed like 200 laps. Eventually I got by them, gained another position when Roberto went into the grass, and finally overtook my teammate Bo when he had a couple of seriously bad laps (he'd been leading me by about 16 seconds when I first fell in behind him). I finished 9th without a single big mistake, though never in any danger of catching Bob Holada's Ferrari with my little Cooper.

This was a bipolar season for the Vultures. We began well, quickly bought a Ferrari and Brabham, and seemed poised to be somewhat competitive. Then the roof fell in with multiple crashes and DNFs. We ran the last three-quarters of the season with a BRM, Honda, and Cooper in the garage, realizing that if we couldn't beat anyone, we could at least stockpile coins by trying to stay out of trouble and finish most of our events. And that we were finally able to do better than anything else.

#4 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

this was about the worst race of season for me.. started the day with a win10 Bsod... then on launch of iGor, it did it again, and deleted my igor.ini.. a quick search for back up was success, but had the old IP... luckily Rob was in chat and gave me the correct setting.
just in time to join qually.

have to admit my concentration wasn't there today... kept expecting win10 to do what ever its been doing. Techs' are stumped as well... can't afford a new pc, and i'm not likely to attempt re-install of anything, i'm lost in that arena.

3 spins, all in turn3... started to develop a mental block about how to drive it :P  
in the end, i was able to finish p12 ~ glad that is over
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#5 mcmirande

mcmirande

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:56 AM

Not related with this particular race, but wanna thank Bruce and all oAo community for a great season!
I race gpl online since 10 years but every league has its "touch" and I feel I learned a lot during the season and sometimes even I did some rookie-ish mistakes that made me feel shame and angry at the time... But at the end of the day, I'm very happy with all the new gpl experience.

I'll take the time between seasons to enjoy our summer outside the computers but I'm already excited to know the schedule for the following season.

Cheers. Marcos

Edited by mcmirande, 23 November 2019 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:10 PM

Happy with my drive today.  Started mid-pack . Mick got by me before T1.  I survived cold tires.  From there I could see Mick, Tony and I think Ronnie.  Tony and then Mick had spins that put them behind me.  I figured Tony would get by me easily but I was hoping I could stay ahead of Mick and his Honda.  Did my fastest lap.  But it was only a few laps before they both got by.  I was pretty safe in 8th.  Eventually slowed some when I realized that I may finish on the lead lap. and
as is usual for me I had cut my fuel load to the minimum.  Finished with 1 gallen left.   Congrats to Eric and HMR for 2nd place in the team champianship, and all of oAo
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#7 daniel0099

daniel0099

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

Bravo Claudio.
P2 all race just behind Claudio. I was slowed down when lapping cars. And also lost time when one slid in front of me which I hit but was lucky not to crash.
Catching back Claudio, But not enough laps left to try to make a move on him.
Thanks everybody for the fun season.
See win10 still giving problems to many. So I will wait more before switching. win7 still safer and faster. Some host GPL servers on WinXP and even LINUX.

:bigsmile: And a special thank to BO for the league, GREAT. :bigsmile:

#8 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:55 PM

Hi guys, well this was somewhat unexpected, fourth on the grid, how did that happen? In front of a Lotus, and an Eagle, WHAT.

So to the start, Eduardo in three, didnít make the best of starts, so going into T1 in third, but I well know Mr Dulima is faster than me, and he had the Eagle, so with every intention of letting him go, I just had to wait for a gap between him and Ronnie to develope  for me to drop into, so at the start of lap three there it was, slowed a little, but not much, after that I had to keep a good pace going, on one or two occasions it did slip a little, and straight away Ronnie was catching, but luckily by not enough.

So here ends my third full season, and this is the first one where I feel Iíve made a real improvement, thanks to every one of you for your respect, and being fair on track.

Best Regards to you all,  Tim.

Edited by timbo, 23 November 2019 - 03:21 PM.

#9 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

View Posttimbo, on 23 November 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

So here ends my third full season, and this is the first one where I feel I've made a real improvement,

I'd go father than that: If we had a "Most Improved D2 Driver" award, you'd have my vote. Great season, Tim.

#10 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Great drive, Tim. :)  I was thinking "surely his tyres will overheat soon", but not soon enough.

#11 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Pepe, thanks for that, oAo GPL is just great for making friends that you will most likely never meet, and we all have to find our level, but some of our races season 21 were terrific fun, just keep racing pal, and remind us of that sense of humour now and again.

Regards Tim.

PS, yeah my tyres did get a bit toasty towards the end, but I canít do anything about that, so I just ignored it.

Edited by timbo, 23 November 2019 - 03:22 PM.

#12 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:39 AM

Bad news guys: it appears the screenfreezehas corrupted the video file...

There might be a chance that there won't be a video...

As re-recording the race might not give the best results...

Other than that...

Because i'm transitioning to ultrawide recording (see my iracing shenanigans)...

I'm gonna use the freed up time improving recording and rendering (aswell as testing new ideas like re-introducing the wheelcam)...

#13 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:54 AM

I ended a season with ups and downs. I was lucky enough to win 3 races and get several podiums and good final places. But I had races where I disconnected (Monaco) or where my brain was disconnected (Riverside) or the steering wheel was disconnected (Mosport), and also some hard blows in real life that made me miss some races, in addition to the ones I normally lose for the holidays in the southern hemisphere.
This was the first race I won from pole, but it wasn't easy, Daniel (Bravo Daniel!) didn't lose sight of me in the whole race, so I had to classify the whole race, lap after lap. However, we would have lost a lap if we had run the previous Saturday in D1!
Congratulations to Tames (a pity he didn't run) for his well deserved championship.
Thanks to Bruce for this wonderful league, and now to work on next season's tracks.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#14 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:29 AM

This season was a mixed bag for me. I started off with a few reasonable / mediocre results, but then had two races where I was punted off on lap 1. The second of these, at Sachsenring was particularly galling, since I was P3 on the grid in the Ferrari, and feeling confident.

Unfortunately, real life events meant I had to miss four races, so I felt a little disjointed. I'm hoping for better luck and timing next season - the track listing looks really good, so bring it on! :)

Edited by Ronnie Nilsson, 24 November 2019 - 09:29 AM.

#15 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:43 AM

Also: has anybody else noticed that Niky was lagging very hard?

I had many dificulties trying to overtake him when he was jumping all over the track when cornering...

#16 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:24 PM

I was not fast on this track , never been flat out in the T1...  Qualified in 5th and Ronnie jumped me at start .  I made a spin in the 6th lap and following now bob's ferrari and Mick's honda .  Made another spin trying to pass Mick's honda in the turn before the main straight .  6th place at the finish .

It was my first complete season and I was in the right team with perfect team mates . Everything was OK but I had problem with the old telephone line of my house (1960) . Since the line had been cleaned up , I had no more connection problem playing on line .

Grats to all contenders , everybody was smart during the races and a big "thank you" to the game managers .

Ready for the 2020 season in D2 and this time with the driving wheel ( G25) .  I'll be 3 seconds/lap slower and not so safe . So I'll prefer to enter as private driver.
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#17 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

Congrats to Claudio for bringing another win to Pist'n Broke Racing Team!  :)

Also a shout out to Iestyn Davies and Eduardo Lima carrying Heavy Metal Racing to 2nd place in the Team Standings, and finishing both 3rd in respectively the D1 and D2 Standings. Same goes for Dan Down, for his great season at Honey Badger Racing, making sure they ended up 3rd in the Team Standings, and finishing runner-up in the D2 Standings! Also congrats to those winning Award certificates!

Compliments to Dag for taking over from Michael in difficult circumstances. Also thank you and well done all Team Leaders. Enough has been said about our Team, it was a pleasure to have Tames, Frank and Ronnie onboard. Tames being a well deserved D2 Champion with promotion to D1, and Frank for his splendid runner-up campaign. If not for missing a race at the Ring, and having this freak problem at Laguna Seca. And Ronnie finally winning the Team Championship! :)

Thank you all for racing in oAo, thanks to the Stewards, thanks to the TSG and last but not least thanks to Bruce for organizing! :)

#18 dulima

dulima

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:35 PM

Save Accelerated,  thanks to all my brothers from the GPL tracks.

I just have to thank you for the receptivity,I felt at home.

I was very happy for third place in the championship at D2 and very happy with the team's place in the championship.

Throughout the championship, I just have to thank all the pilots be extremely clean

I was very, very, very happy with the medal, I was very surprised with her receipt, I found a fantastic idea

Thanks to my team, my new brothers and Bo Bruce.

Next year I will be present for sure.

Congratulations Tim for winning the championship and Down for second place

Hug to everyone

Edited by dulima, 26 November 2019 - 12:39 PM.

#19 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:45 PM

Hi Eduardo, is that the right spelling?, that's Tames won the championship, not Tim, mores the pity..................Well done Tames. :yeah:
  Wish it was me, will have to try harder.

Regards Tim.

Edited by timbo, 27 November 2019 - 03:19 AM.

#20 dulima

dulima

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:30 AM

Hi Tim!

True Tim, I apologize for my mistake

Congratulations Tames, for winning the championship

Sim Racing Links