Donnybrooke

sorry

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 efarina

efarina

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, and womans. obviusly money.

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:18 AM

I just want to give my apologize to tristan and roy, for a litlle mistake in T 3 in lap 1, fortunitly you guys still running...
  sorry whit my team, for blow up my engine in lap 1..so sad for that. :wounded1:
  my worst season in oAo, sorry for all drivers if I do something wrong in all this year, I enjoy some races, and good terapy for forget, the real live for a moment..
  thanks Bo Bruce for the organitation and the rest of the drivers, for make this game a passion....cya next year....I'm in again :wheelchair:
Posted Image[img

#2 ErikHeijden

ErikHeijden

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

Freeze on the second to last lap, what a huge dissapointment!!! :arge:

I was doing well in 5th place and had very conservative gearing to not put too much stress on the engine. Just drove at a steady pace to make sure I would score points for Pist'n Broke in the Cooper.
Can't believe bad luck struck again.

That being said, my very first race with GPLRACER was also on this track (with the Thundercars) and that also ended with a freeze. Maybe worth taking a closer look at it for future calenders?

@Bo, you mentoined a patch in the chat? Could you link to that patch because I can't find anything.

Edited by ErikHeijden, 16 November 2019 - 11:18 AM.

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

Avoiding the spinning cars on lap 1, turn 2, I went over the curbing and whacked something invisible. After a few laps of not getting full revs on the straight, I figured I had engine damage that was compromising and would have possibly led to an engine failure, so I quit.
Bob Simpson
VOR GPL Race Series Manager

#4 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

Not a good race for me. :( Got caught up in some else's accident at T2 on Lap 1 and ended up in the trees. Car didn't seem quite right afterwards but battled on, Was able to make up 4 places due to retirements and accidents until I was chasing Roy and Doni. Went to pass both on the SF straight but was tagged by Doni sending us both into the trees. Engine damage was evident after that so decided to retire before I blew up and cost the team even more coins.

Apologies to Doni for the incident which sent us both off the track, I thought I was past and even checked my mirrors to confirm. I could see a Honda behind and thought it was you so moved slightly left for a better entry into T1. But watching the replay however I see I misread the situation and the Honda wasn't you it was Roy. :( So completely my fault. :Flush:

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#5 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:40 PM

Ran a PB 32.4 in pre-race practise, but also had a freeze. Decided to do a clean install (1.0)  without any graphics add ons.

In quali came close to my PB, Pole and still the 2nd fastest F312 time ;) I knew Iestyn would be strong here, but I also missed Roy at the front.  Very good performances by Tom and Erik.

Start was solid enough to hold on to the lead. Iestyn followed in P2. The gap increased very slowly, up to more than 4s. But then Iestyn had a good spell midrace bringing the gap down to less than 4s. Towards the end of the race the gap grew a bit more, but Iestyn kept me honest whole race. Arguably he had worse luck encountering lapped cars as well. It was another very controlled race, I tried to take care of the engine and gearbox and focus on my lines. That said, had a few lapses, missing the line, but kept all laps on track. The lapped cars were very aware and courteous, thanks! Put in the fast lap on Lap 35 and was very happy to see the finish, winning the championship!

I had prepared well, and my setups were good. The Ferrari was really fun to drive, very predictable. I was lucky to see  the finish flag. Some were not so lucky, getting screenfreezes. Notably Tom  and Erik (and Carlos?). Cruel luck, especially late race...

Congrats to Iestyn for P2, and P3 in the c'ship. Also congrats to Frank, inheriting P3, and cementing your vice-championship. What a great season you had, best of teamdrivers! ;) Well done finishers, commiserations DNFs.

Thanks all for racing and Bruce for organizing! :)

Attached Files

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 16 November 2019 - 01:49 PM.

#6 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:41 PM

Erik.. not sure if it was a patch to correct or just an update.
http://srmz.net/inde...&hl=donnybrooke
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#7 ErikHeijden

ErikHeijden

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on 16 November 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Erik.. not sure if it was a patch to correct or just an update.
http://srmz.net/inde...&hl=donnybrooke
Thanks, I did not have that update installed.

But neither did Robert as I understood correctly, so I'm not sure wether that has something to do with the freezes. I also had the 1.0 version installed without anything else, so I guess it's just bad luck whenever it happens.

Anyway thanks for racing all! I was having a great time untill the final lap of the race. The Cooper wasn't very competitive but it also was really easy to drive near the limit, which made the race enjoyable despite the lack of some fights.

Edited by ErikHeijden, 16 November 2019 - 03:28 PM.

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

and to be clear, the Server does NOT run graphics - at all... all that shows is a fuzzy screen, like you see when your car flips on the rollbar :P
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#9 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

Someone ought to give a shout out to Rob's team this season.  First and second in D1, first and utter bad luck in D2.  These guys have figured out that you don't win the season in T1 on L1 of R1 but you do it by not killing your car, not hitting anyone within two meters of you, and not being stupid on every lap. They routinely finished races without damage and without drama. What more can you ask of four guys?

WTG, Stampeders. You smoked everything in sight.

Edited by Pepe Higdon, 16 November 2019 - 10:09 PM.

#10 D_J

D_J

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:00 AM

My congratulations to the Smokeys for the team championship , Tames for winning D2 in dominate fashion and Robert for being from another galaxy. (He says he is Dutch , but Im not sure anymore , might be a cover)

Well done and well deserved.

We saw early that the smokeys would be very hard to deal with as they were apparently swimming in coins and could shop chassis from the top shelf right from the get go. Still the work needs to be done and they hardly put a foot wrong the whole season and its been a dominate display from race 1.

My thanks to my teammates in HBR. Niky , Dan , Michael and for the latter races Andrè. Also Mick for stepping in and getting us a great result when we needed it most. Lord knows its been an uphill battle this season but with one still to go Im proud of how we have managed to consistently grind out something when it looked like we were getting nothing. Well done guys.

Lastly my thanks to all fellow drivers and to Bruce for organizing this great online league. Its a hoot for sure and as Im kind of full right now , I cant wait for 2020 to swing around.

See you guys in the 55s.

#11 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:12 AM

Thanks guys :)

This was without doubt the most dominant team display I have seen at oAo. The best team I was ever on. Frank and Tames were so good this year, almost faultless. Tames even missed 4 races. Frank was looking good for winning the D1 c'ship, and I had to be almost perfect the second half of the season. Frank is such a modest humble guy, and 100% reliable. The perfect teamdriver. Tames was a class of his own in D2. They drove so well that Ronnie never was able to score teampoints. That said, I'm very happy for Ronnie, he contributed as much as anyone on the team, and  now he's a champion as well! :) Also I like to thank George for subbing a few times and bringing a win to the team!

I said before this season, that the team championship would be the most important objective, but basically we swept almost every standing, apart from the coins. When you have good solid reliable teamdrivers, then the job of teamleader is very easy.

As for my own season, it was a bit of a copy of last season, simply had to run almost faultless to win the c'ship after the summerbreak. The downside of the handicap system is that I have to win (too often). I didn't take the Lotus this season, but I took the Eagle once, and often the Ferrari. The challenge for me next season has to be taking more often slower cars, and trying to get wins in a Honda and BRM (which I haven't yet in oAo).

I'm very grateful to be still able to set PB's, and to enjoy racing online with all of you. GPL has made me learn a lot about myself, and also being teamleader. We all learn different things from eachother. A big thanks to all oAo drivers, the stewards and last but not least Bruce for making it all possible!

Also let's not forget we still have the D2 Donnybrooke race ;)

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 17 November 2019 - 07:16 AM.

#12 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

sorry couldn't resist: small shoutout to Tom O, who with almost no training was in third until his game froze with 3 laps to go.

#13 Tristan Bot

Tristan Bot

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:29 PM

Hi ;) ....it was a good race for me, the cooper was not bad here and my pace also...I've been lucky because hit 2 times  !.... at lap 1 by Farina and lap 26 by A.Jahren a little bit optimiste on the break ....lucky also by the disco of few drivers in front of me in the last laps....so 5 in the end  a good result for me .....I'm happy ;)

thx all for racing , hope to see you next season if a team want me ....:D

THX BO :) enormous job !

Sim Racing Links