11 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hi guys,

I could get access to the RFM folder in our server and so I am preparing some sets of files to test the whole Yellow flag stuff. Since it was plagued with this kind of problems, I thought about using Fontana as the track of choice for these experiments.

I will stop the server now and will launch it later today, hosting Fontana. Tests will be hosted today and tomorrow, starting at 1am GMT, 20EST5EDT. The idea is to host a standard session (with the regular parameters for a points race) followed by a race session where we will try to emulate the conditions that triggered the Yellows and the penalties, and to see if we can work that out.

My plan is to test 2 things basically:

a. modifications to the mod RFM file to reduce the sensivity to the Yellows running the track as we got it,

b. modifications to the GDB track file using the original RFM file

This means 2 tests tonight and 2 tests tomorrow night.

Since using alternatives a. and b. will imply to stop the server between sessions, the idea is to start at 1am GMT test_1. Once test_1 is completed, we should disco to login half an hour after the server was stopped, so we can run test_2.

I know this can be boring, but I have no other idea about how to deal with this stuff.

I will upload the necessary files at this thread, with instructions about how to use them.
AP

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

Test 1:  Modified RFM file

For test 1, we will use a modified RFM file. To install it, download the AtlasF1_CARTFactor_v2.7z file and unzip its content into the \RFM folder of your CARTfactor installation. Let it overwrite the original file.

Attached Files

AP

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:07 PM

Test 2: Modified GDB file

For this test, download the Fontana_NEW.7z file and unzip its content to the E:\Archivos de programa\rFactor\GameData\Locations\USPits\Fontana folder. Let it overwrite the original GDB file.

Attached Files

AP

#4 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

In case of emergency OR if nothing works, here go the original RFM and GDB files.

Attached Files

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 02 December 2009 - 02:08 PM.

AP

#5 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

We will repeat this tests tomorrow, same startime.

Server is running the modified RFM file/original GDB file combo from now on.
AP

#6 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

I should be around for this...as long as I stay off the couch until then  :unsure:

I didn't realize these tracks would have so many problems.  You'd think all of  the USPits tracks would work properly being tied in with their NASCAR mod.  Anyway...I run in another CART Factor league...they're on season 3 and are using the same tracks this season as last.  Probably a tell that track issues like we've had are not uncommon....they've found a few that work and are sticking with them!  Here's their oval track list...

JNS Michigan
TPSCC Loudon
JNS Charlotte
Gateway GNS v1.0
Milwaukee...I think this is a convert from ARCS Sim Racing...may not be publicly available
TPSCC Arizona  
Indianapolis...not sure on exact version of Indy though

Of those tracks, I've only run Loudon, and JNS Charlotte and both worked just fine.  IIRC, 22 or so cars started, there were some penaties issued but they were able to be served as they should.  Lucky Dog worked fine.  No yellows when cars made green flag stops.  One thing I don't know for sure is whether anyone from that league has modified those tracks.  I should post over there asking if any changes were made.

#7 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Alright, test result was positive. I think we could find a solution to the Ywllow flag problem.

Jeff and Mike showed up and we did 2 20 laps races that included yellows and penalties. Penalties were cleared properly and nothing happened with we pit under green, so everything seems to be alright.

Tomorrow, we will test the lucky dog rule, which was deactivated tonight.

If you plan to participate, please download THIS version of the RFM file !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the test to be hosted tomorrow, same startime, is ok, this is the RFM we will use from now on !!!!!

Attached Files

AP

#8 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

about what time?

#9 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

View PostLee Simpson, on Dec 3 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

about what time?

1am GMT, 20EST5EDT :)
AP

#10 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

I forgot I have a Formula Ford league race tonight...starts at 8:00 EST...errrr 20:00 EST.  So  I won't be able to attend.  Hope you can make it Lee...Ron said on the phone he might show if he was feeling better....he's sicky I think... :unsure:

#11 Jeff Greuel

Jeff Greuel

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

I can't make it the , War Department says I have to help with Christmas decorations  :weeping:

Jeff

#12 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

No problem guys.

Jeff Goldner and me tried the lucky dog stuff and it did not work. I will check the PLR file to see if I forgot to change something there. Next, I will check the server and, if everything is ok, I will confirm next race.
AP

Sim Racing Links