Post Ows Race 1 Misano

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Grid Spacing (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How did you feel about the spacing between the cars?

1. Perfect (12 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Needed more room (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Make them closer. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TJ Halsema

TJ Halsema

• VOR Open Wheel Series Admins
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:56 PM

Reserved for Replay and Results

Replays:
Attached File  Misano_Race_1_Replay.rar   10.88MB   11 downloads
Attached File  Misano_Race_2_Replay.rar   9.81MB   10 downloads

Post your thoughts.
Posted Image
“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one’s ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.”

– Bruce McLaren

#2 jerrymcc

jerrymcc

• ADC
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

Had fun racing, didn't think I be able to race, so I used a stock skin. 1st race, started near the back, but had some fun racing with Susan and a couple of others, but I didn't bump my radiator up and if I pushed the red line the engine would overheat and smoke.  Had to short shift the whole race, finished 13th.

Second race, I was away from the computer and didn't hear the start call, got back when everyone was leaving for the pace lap, so I started from the pits.  Started about 15secs back from the field.  Used a variation of Wyatt's setup, more radiator, a click more df, and finished 11th, 2 places better than race one, due partially to attrition of course.

Cars are fun, not super fast, but pretty stable.

jerrymcc
Jerry McComas

#3 JABowders

JABowders

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

Sorry I didn't make the races tonight, I am working in Nevada and was elbow deep in some Troubleshooting and Diagnostics (six hours worth) Electronics, damn robots!

These are the kids I'm working with...

I'll see you all on the track next time...

(insert evil laugh here)

James
Head Weasel

Attached Files

Posted Image

#4 jpierre_m

jpierre_m

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Racing, race marchaling, trips

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:50 AM

Good day folks!!

Yesterday was a nice race, fun for the first one.

personnaly my qual was not that good, first because even if I knew because we have tested it with TJ, I was waiting for a go, and I was wondering why nobody goes on track, untill I realized that it is a private qual., and I lost 5 nice minutes waiting....  Also because I hit the guard rail at corner 3, and lost my front right wheel, so I press escape to go back to paddock, because even if I've tried to go back at pit, won't make it.  But my surprise was that once you press escape during the qual you are out, cannot get back on track, so with only 3-4 laps, I've qualified 19 which is very bad, because I had a car to qualif within 10-12 pos

My first race was so so also, because of me, not very good settings finally.  My second race was worst because again I hit the guard rail at &?%$* corner 3 (I hate that corner) during lap 9 and I had loose in my suspension, well that was what I was feeling, so I've tried to finish the race, which I finished 14... well it is not fabulous but in my condition was acceptable.  

So I hope that I didn't slow down too much your race when you've tried to pass me, for some of you.

Nice race guys... see you at the next one

TJ if I may suggest, please remind us that it is private qualif even if we know it, sometimes we forget.... Also remind us that if we press escape, we are out.....thanks!!!!!   Really good work TJ it was really fun yesterday, thanks for everything I know that you've work really hard to bring us to that point!!!!!

Edited by jpierre_m, 15 December 2009 - 06:58 AM.

Jean-Pierre Moisan
El Mexicanote

Cheers!!!!
Salut!!!!!
A la proxima!!!!

#5 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:32 AM

My thoughts (borrwed from some, of course...):
"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
"Listen to many, speak to a few.”
"How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean.”
"Not all those who wander are lost.”

...ah...hum...uhhhh...you mean my thoughts about the race?...ok...here I go... :withstupid:

Great fun mod, 2 great races, great competitors all around - VOR´s "cream de la cream"! (why didn´t you race TJ?!?).
Qualied at my best possible (1:29´600  - 7th place...liked the way qualy was - Private!)
1st race I was too slow at the start, droped to 11th, but car was very stable, climb up to 8th when I met James in front of me. He was realy fast in the long straight, and I close the gap in the twisty sector - our gap was never higer than 1 second for some 10 laps. But his car was warping a lot for me, disapearing and reapearing from nowhere many many times, so I decided to stay behind him, or else I could bump his back not even knowing why and how...Was glad with 8th place when in the last lap someone in the front spun, so 7th was my final spot.
2nd race started 2nd (inverted grid), did a nice start, left David behind and jumped to the lead for some...5 or 6 turns, when those "you know who" got me and pass me like I was walking with my dog in the park...Dropped to 6th, was madly chased by Helcio and Nicolas, but had the car under control and could back them off. So with those 5 uncatchable/untouchable "you know who" in the top 5 spots, all I could claim was to be the first of the normal people, 6th being the best possible for me.
Anxiously waiting for round 2 at Brands! Thanks TJ/VOR admins for Another Racing Monday Night!
:beerchug:
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#6 TJ Halsema

TJ Halsema

• 361 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

View Postjpierre_m, on Dec 15 2009, 07:50 AM, said:

TJ if I may suggest, please remind us that it is private qualif even if we know it, sometimes we forget.... Also remind us that if we press escape, we are out.....thanks!!!!!   Really good work TJ it was really fun yesterday, thanks for everything I know that you've work really hard to bring us to that point!!!!!

I was not aware that if you exit during private qualifiying that you would not be able to get back in. I'll test that later today. Also, yes I will remind people that it is private qualifying from now on.
Posted Image
“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one’s ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.”

– Bruce McLaren

#7 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

I'm not aware of any setting on the server that can control that.  I can control time duration and number of total laps... so it's possible the total laps were exceeded?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

I ran some Cart / Nascar races and that is that  - only 1 chance in Private qual. You crash =  bye bye...

TJ, where can we find the results? :rolleyes:

Seems that MaxiMark had CTD again , and in both races...Max, are you racing on an wireless router / laptop?
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#9 TJ Halsema

TJ Halsema

• 361 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

View PostBoniPiket, on Dec 15 2009, 10:59 AM, said:

I ran some Cart / Nascar races and that is that  - only 1 chance in Private qual. You crash =  bye bye...

TJ, where can we find the results? :rolleyes:

Seems that MaxiMark had CTD again , and in both races...Max, are you racing on an wireless router / laptop?

The results will be posted shortly, still getting used to how the program works. :) As for the private quals during qualification for last nights races, I saw a couple drivers come back in then go back out. iirc the CartFactor test at Road America had the same rules and several people were able to make changes during quals.
Posted Image

– Bruce McLaren

#10 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

I noticed last night that Mark's ping was through the roof (400+).  Not surprised he wasn't able to stay and race.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

View PostBruce Fisher, on Dec 15 2009, 10:15 AM, said:

...Mark's ping was through the roof (400+)...
...hum..that´s a matter of ping-pong then...or ping-BÓING!!!!! :tounge:
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#12 Maximark

Maximark

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Painting cars, Racing, Photography, Hockey

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

Ya, two disconnects yesterday. Wasn't surprised since same thing happened on Monday.
I don't have any problems with CMS or with the World Div either.
How can I improve connections??

I have a router (not connecting wireless).

Racing itself was fun. Finally figured out  :withstupid: that we aren't running fixed setups and I didn't have to drive around the pig on ice that the default car was. Made a few blind changes to bring the setup more inline with what I am familiar with driving the ILMS cars and improved my Q position by 7 spots. Even got up to 10th (far behind some very speedy guys in the top half) and was looking to finish the second race before i was beemed away for scientific dissection. Personally i think its those robotic creature/racers that Bowders' working on. lol

Well hopefully someone has some helpful tips on my connection issues and I'll see everyone next race.

Congrats to all the finishers and the winners. (Did one of my paints win??? - big incentive bonuses are at stake!)

Max

#13 jpierre_m

jpierre_m

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Racing, race marchaling, trips

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

Max what kind of router do you have , because some brand you can do a kind of prioritization... I can surely help you for that if you want
Jean-Pierre Moisan
El Mexicanote

Cheers!!!!
Salut!!!!!
A la proxima!!!!

#14 Rubleman

Rubleman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:PC/Console gaming, soccer, motor sports

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

I was able to escape then get back in during the qualies. May be the time ran out and you were not allowed to get back on track?

Very fun racing and a couple of nice battles with Nicholas and Helcio. Still need to fina a couple of seconds to compete with the big boys. Thanks TJ for organizing this event.

Edited by Rubleman, 15 December 2009 - 12:41 PM.

Racing as Alex Winston

#15 David Dix

David Dix

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Concerts, Cars, Racing, Video Games, Beer

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:52 PM

I started I think 11th on the first race, everything went pretty smoothly for me, though I was really nervous; this was my first online race and first serious race against other people (as in, bumping into them matters, ha). I remember chasing Luiz while I was in 9th for a while, he was faster on most of the course so he slowly pulled away, especially after I made some mistakes. From there I had a very comfortable cushion from both him and the person behind me. I remember during the last 6 or 7 laps I wasn't sure if I could make it on fuel; I was fueled for 22 laps, but I guess because of the shorter gears it was almost not enough. So I started short shifting in the last few laps of the race, and ended with 1 liter of fuel on board. Pat dropped so I finished 8th, which put me on pole for the 2nd race.

The 2nd race for me was a disaster. I was pretty nervous about ending one of the faster guys nights by starting on pole and hitting them; fortunately they all passed me very quickly (lol) and safely. I hadn't practiced standing starts in the car, so I was passed by at least 3-4 people right off the line. I hit Walker's rear left with my right front tire on turn 3. We were running 3 wide, and fortunately it was a very light tap so nothing bad happened. So after dropping into 9th, I went up to 7th because Korwel and Walker made contact. Then I was able to put some pressure and stay close to Luiz as I did the first race, but I don't think it bothered him :) So I passed him only to spin out right in front of him one turn later (contact was less than a foot away). Sorry Luiz!  The wire that connects my pedals to my wheel fell onto my pedals just before that. Didn't think it was a big deal, but became quite uncomfortable. Not saying that's what caused me to spin... but I did spin twice lol. So I started chasing Backof, who spun out in front of me. Bradshaw was next; I got pretty close to him until I made the classic rookie mistake again (as I did with Luiz) of pushing too hard, but this time spun out behind him. Started catching up to him again; he spun out in front of me so I moved up to 10th. Stayed there until the end of the race... pushed hard at the end and ran my best laps on the last 5 because I was hoping something would happen. I remember 9th place spinning out or substantially slowing down on the last lap, but I wasn't able to catch him.

All in all, this was my first ever online race (and I've never raced in real life) so I was quite nervous. Everyone was very nice and polite and all ran good, clean races, so the experience for me was a very enjoyable one. It was quite a thrill and a rush. TJ did an excellent job running everything and it all went smoothly; now I can't wait for the next race!

Edited by David Dix, 15 December 2009 - 12:59 PM.

#16 Pawel Korbel

Pawel Korbel

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

Disaster races for me.  First race I was going good gaining on Ryan keeping JT behind, till in the middle of apex, I took my eyes off the road to look at spun Adam, next thing I know I'm spinning too.  I lost my concentration making many more mistakes, trying to chase JT, finally 3 corners to go on last lap, I hit the wall and wreck the car completely finishing in 11th.  Second race James Walker reappears in front of me in hairpin, I couldn't avoid him and punted poor soul out of the track.  Lost concentration again and wreck him again lap later, missing a braking point. :weeping:   Car was crap, so I quit.  I had more fun watching Scott and Wyatt going at each other :bowdown: .  Now I know that too be fast one needs two Ts at the end of name.  :rolleyes:
Sorry James for the crashes. :bash:

Pawel

PS.  When do I learn to settle down, do my race and colect points for the season? :o
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Pawel Korbel

Pawel Korbel

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

Scott, can you post your base setup?  Or PM if you're afraid of Wyatt getting his hands on it. :D
I need some pointers where to go with mine next.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 stevie

stevie

Stephen Bailey

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

Wyatt doesn't need any help! :P Great stuff last night guys, especially race two. Thanks for the stream Jake. :)
28. Stephen Bailey
Team SROL

#19 TJ Halsema

TJ Halsema

• 361 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

I forgot to ask for your input on the grid spacing, so I posted a poll to make it easier to answer.

Thanks

TJ Halsema"tt"  :blink:
Posted Image

– Bruce McLaren

#20 scottcalif

scottcalif

Scott Arrington

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Sure Pawel no problem.Yeah I sent Wyatt my setup but like Stephen said he doesn"t need my help and why in the world do I continue to show him what I"m running I"ll never know lol.My only chance is to maybe come up with a superior setup to his because Wyatt has me covered in the talent department.

Anyways heres the setup I ran the 2nd race,made a mistake of trying to free it up some for the first race and was sliding too much and couldn"t keep pace with Wyatt.2nd race we were alittle more even and had some great dicing with Wyatt,I was actually thinking I might have a shot at the win until I came up on Jerry and it seemed like he was almost completely stopped in a corner and braked really hard to avoid him thus taking myself out.Oh well had alot of fun,thanks TJ for getting this series going.

Scott

Attached Files

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links