Thanks for the clarification. There is the possibilty that I Always failed till now. However, in my opinion the following holds:
- For Repco 8200 rpm is the revs at which the max power is released. It is not said that at higher revs the engine is damaged
- Usually the power curve exhibits significat values (decreasing) even Beyond the revs at which the max is, up to the very ultimate revs allowed
- looking at the old Nunnini notes for the GPL engines, it seems that for Repco the ultimate revs allowed (in safety) is 8750.
- In any case I failed during the race since I took approximately 1 tick before the red line on the rpm counter, which is located at 9000 rpm, then exceeding the max allowed
- The strange thing is that despite the above the water temp was quite low and that usually the random failures occur early. In this my case leaving few laps to the flag
Edited by Baldassarri, 28 May 2018 - 06:28 PM.