• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Mik Mercier

Mik Mercier

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

View PostPeter Burke, on Nov 2 2009, 08:06 PM, said:

What I am not so sure about is if there will be some sort of crazy exploit like in the rFactor CART mod where you can run the vehicle scraping on the belly pan with sparks flying around the entire lap and get better downforce than those guys who listen to the instructions and keep the aero tunnel at the recommended ride height.

Well iRacing has fixed some of the alien setups by not accepting 'non realistic' setup hights, do if you try some  weird oval hight setup on a road track then you won't be allowed on the track. You may have notice that before you get to test, practice or race your car that they scan your setup before they let you race.  

They have been working on keeping the setups real so I think they've limited the numbers much more so if you can't do it in real life on a particular track then it won't be possible in iRacing, but I guess we'll see, it is still the first build of the indy after all...

Edited by Mik Mercier, 02 November 2009 - 07:27 PM.

Lightspeed

#22 Peter Burke

Peter Burke

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

View PostMik Mercier, on Nov 2 2009, 07:27 PM, said:

Well iRacing has fixed some of the alien setups by not accepting 'non realistic' setup hights, do if you try some  weird oval hight setup on a road track then you won't be allowed on the track. You may have notice that before you get to test, practice or race your car that they scan your setup before they let you race.  

They have been working on keeping the setups real so I think they've limited the numbers much more so if you can't do it in real life on a particular track then it won't be possible in iRacing, but I guess we'll see, it is still the first build of the indy after all...

I noticed that some tracks restrict wing angles such as Michigan. Going to be realistic, I guess, even though the setup options suddenly are really limited. Maybe not a bad thing

I'll be hosting the first test race tonight - check pm on iracing forum for password.

#23 Ignacio Genta

Ignacio Genta

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

Stupid question Guys.
When you buy a car or a track,this is forever ?,or we must renew it toghether with the licence?

Txs

#24 Peter Burke

Peter Burke

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

View PostIgnacio Genta, on Nov 4 2009, 07:47 PM, said:

Stupid question Guys.
When you buy a car or a track,this is forever ?,or we must renew it toghether with the licence?

Txs

you keep it. Didn't see any such restrictions in the small print

#25 Mik Mercier

Mik Mercier

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

View PostPeter Burke, on Nov 4 2009, 01:56 PM, said:

I noticed that some tracks restrict wing angles such as Michigan. Going to be realistic, I guess, even though the setup options suddenly are really limited. Maybe not a bad thing

I'll be hosting the first test race tonight - check pm on iracing forum for password.

I saw this on the forums writen by iRacing staff after a lot of guys were wondering why they can't load up their setups at different tracks with the Indy or save them the way they want them:

Guys,

This effect works as designed. I know it isn't pretty, and we are working on other solutions to make the garage more adaptable - this is the limitation.

Currently, if you load any setup the sim will check to see if the aero parts meet the min and max requirements of each type of track. If wings and wickers are out of range, the sim will force them into the legal range. For instance, if you load a road course setup at Indy oval the wings will be out of bounds, so your settings will change the minimum amount to become legal. The setup will not be over written unless you re-save the setup. The way to avoid this issue would be to rename and save the setup for the type of track you currently have loaded.

There are 4 track types requiring different aero parameters:

1) Indy Oval, Talladega, Daytona Oval
2) Ovals over 1.054 miles (Long Ovals)
3) Ovals under 1.054 miles (Short Ovals)
4) Road Courses

Sorry about the confusion.

Eric

Lightspeed

Sim Racing Links