• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

Arturo...

As noted over in the Lucky Racers threads earlier today, I'll be standing down from further on-line GPL competition effective the end of the current oAo season.  As a team leader there, I feel obliged to stay on til the end of their current season.

I want to thank you personally for being a great friend and organizer of a fine GPL league.  All the very best to you in future.

Doni

#22 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

Donnie,

I can understand you would want to step down from the team manager stuff. I´ve been administrating, or sort of, this league for more than a decade alone and there were times when I wanted to close it down for good.

However, racing online is, imho, fun and so I hope you will still race wherever you want in the future, just for fun.

Just get a beer or 2 and think about it. House pays ;)
AP

#23 Iestyn Davies

Iestyn Davies

RustyIesty - Speedy

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:GPL! :-)
    Music + Sport

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

Doni.. is that due to eye problems? That's a shame to hear, but you have said in the past how too long at the wheel is giving you trouble (Tim M noted similar today). That's sad to hear if you are retiring - we just had a good dice at Interlagos '73! I wish you could take Lotus more often and enjoy some dicing at the sharp end - but maybe that is also too much pressure on the eyes if done regularly? :bigglasses: We need to find you some special eye-wear to solve the problems!

Edit: Nice to see Balcarce and Parana added, could I suggest Enna back for Mid-Ohio? Enna in CA71 sounds interesting, super fast drafting race, while Mid-Ohio is not well built at all (beta). There's also the option of the new track, that would suit CA71s? :)

Edited by Iestyn Davies, 21 July 2015 - 05:23 PM.

GPLrank: -75, Monster: -405
oAo: s18 Best season yet!
oAo: s17 Anglo-American Racers?
oAo: s10 Soaring Eagles! :)
oAo: s9 Belligerent Buskers' Brabham! ;)
oAo: s8 Impossible Dreams' Honda!

#24 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

Hi Iestyn,
To use Enna for CanAms71s sounds interesting. Would you use with the F2s too?

I have been also having some problems with my eyes lately. I am afraid I will need special lenses for the PC :(
AP

#25 Iestyn Davies

Iestyn Davies

RustyIesty - Speedy

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:GPL! :-)
    Music + Sport

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

F2's at Enna I've definitely raced before, much easier as the speeds are lower, there should also be some setups around for it too.

Col also said he is getting tired quicker and hence having to do less laps, his eyes are not great either :(
GPLrank: -75, Monster: -405
oAo: s18 Best season yet!
oAo: s17 Anglo-American Racers?
oAo: s10 Soaring Eagles! :)
oAo: s9 Belligerent Buskers' Brabham! ;)
oAo: s8 Impossible Dreams' Honda!

#26 JMF

JMF

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on 20 July 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'll be standing down from further on-line GPL competition effective the end of the current oAo season.

:(
I was hoping you'd be driving a good 67F1 and 71CA car this season. I was expecting you to be kicking my ass in my Cooper or Honda or Brabham and my 712 or 917.

I think I'll drive the Lola FVA for the F2 races.

Let's hope you change your mind and try to make, at least, some of the races.
Greg Taber

Sim Racing Links