Changes For S20

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

the server is running 24/7 and is hosting the original tracks at 60Fps!! <<< note 60 for the originals!!

a) we need to know your intentions of returning  
B) if you intend to return, WHO is stepping up to be a Team Leader
c) the schedule is dependent on the TSG.. when we know what tracks, i'll post the schedule
NOTE: original tracks will run 60fps and any ANY add-on will run 36fps ... please make a  note of it!

THERE COULD BE MORE TO FOLLOW but for now....
what was group 3 and 3+  will now be group 3 and group 4
in D1 it will be G5,6,7,8 (was g6+)
(A) Drivers in D2/g3 or g4 may race in D1 for a missing teammate, or if the team is in last place
( B) Drivers in D1 will not be allowed to race down

COINS
1) Coins for winning a race will be +5, 2d place +3, and 3d place +2
2) Hiring of a privateer for 1 race will cost equal his "G" classification
2a)Hiring a privateer for remainder of season once season begins = 2 coins/per races remaining
2b)Privateers may not give coins to a team, but may 'buy' into a team if there is an opening to race for the team. Coins used this way are not refundable!
2c)Privateer cars are property of privateer and may not be used by a team driver unless the team pays the full price of car to privateer.
2d)COINS GAINED for finishing increased to 5 for win/ 3 for 2d/ 2 for 3d

3) Renting a car (HONDA only) will cost 4 coins

4) Costs of Cars ... INCREASED!
Lotus   =72
Eagle   =60
Ferrari =48
Brabham=40
Cooper   =32
Honda =24
BRM   =16

5) Bonuses for Finishing must also include having completed 75% of race distance

6) Damages to engines will now auto deduct 3 coins and blown engines deduct 8

7) For TEAM LEADERS: draft CREDITS to select drivers now 18 total (13 for D1 5 for D2)

8) PRIVATEERS
8a) if hired to sub for 1 race, the cost is equal to that drivers 'g' classification
and may do so, only for a team driver. Coins go to privateer.
8b) if hired for remainder of season (at any point) no 'cost' to the TL(or team) but must stick to the
13/5 credit limit rule (d1+d2) or pay the fine for going over the max (18 credits)
that is 2 coins for each 'g' over. ex: being at 12 credits and hiring a g6 = 1 over or 2 coins
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#2 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

The Flying Dutchman

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:GPL, I think?? :)

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

In fairness I think D1 drivers (in particular g5/g6) should be ok drive in D2 but have some rules added to it.

Examples (just suggestions for rules to use, not all have to be applied):

- D1 drivers may only drive Cooper, Honda or BRM for competition's sake.
- Only for replacing D2 teammate when not available.
- As privateer it is okay only after teams signed their respective drivers for the race.
- Team may only do it when it's at the bottom of the table.
- One driver (team & privateer) may only do it a maximum of time (max. 5 times or so).
"Grand Prix Legends is a drug. I am addicted to it."
- Based on a quote of Harry Schell

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

Yannick... appreciate your thoughts, but we have this discussion every year after i 'allow' D1s to race down. people in D2 are simply not happy with having drivers come and take points/positions from them, esp when the d2 has to otherwise work so hard to gain a small few. d1's take the front row, take the top positions and dominate the races they enter.
the whole concept of balance i try to achieve in oAo, is undone when d1 is allowed to race in d2.

this year, again, we will NOT allow it.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#4 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

Can I race down?

:P
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#5 BurtAugust

BurtAugust

• ADC
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

WHat is the 11/5 credit rule ?

Also, is there a cost to hiring a privateer for the remainder of the season.  The above seem ambiguous,

#6 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:17 PM

Burt (and other TL's)
when we draft our teams, all drivers are at a credit level, equal to their 'g' rating.  me for example then would be '3'credits (in D2 and i have 2 credits remaining for a 2d D2 driver)
more will be understood when i send out the excel sheet for those interested in playing along :)

there is no 'cost' to hire for the remainder of full season - but any coins that privateer might have, can not be transferred to the team.
if a pvtr is hired for only 1 race, he does cost, an amount equal to his 'g' rating.

check out the link to "pre-season" for full explanation
http://oao-gpl.speed.../pre-season.htm
  - and if still not clear, let me know!
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#7 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

first, there are no g8's to start season... so we're talking 6 and 7s  (one each =13)
second there are no g4s (at least not to start season)  so g3+g2= 5   and total max allowed is 18
in the example then, 13+5 and that 'team' is good.

the g8 and g4 levels are reserved for those top drivers that we later find out need to be 'promoted'... but in D2, the only 'up' would be to D1 and the team he is on, would only be part of the problem (the team might already have 2 D1 drivers) but also, what to do with his points? they can't carry over to D1... so now,  can promote him to D2/g4  :)
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#8 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:02 AM

This was discussed previously already. But I think (thanks Michael) that it's good to clarify it before the draft: oAo's next season will have 16 races, but as it will be 50 years of the season that inspired GPL we will recreate that year, therefore Papy's original circuits will form the main structure of the next calendar. Of course the evil minds of TSG are thinking some aggregates so things will not be so easy :spiteful:

Edited by Claudio Pablo Navonne, 06 December 2016 - 06:39 AM.

Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#9 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

I see that the "original" Papyrus tracks for the next season have a couple of wrinkles. Most notably there seems to be a wall of hay at the end of the downhill ramp at Monaco where the chicane used to be. I didn't really believe that Monaco looked like that in 1967, so this morning I looked at the first 20 minutes of "Grand Prix" and indeed it does seem that those drivers were gearing down to maybe 3rd going through that section. That was before I saw that there were 18 pages at SRMZ going back five years discussing more things about the chicane at Monaco than I'd have ever dreamed possible.

So I'll just shut up except to mention that when we do a centenary season in 2067, maybe we could run Nurburgring on a foggy night, Spa in the snow, and Watkins Glen with anacondas and crocodiles in the ditches. In the meantime I think the TSG did an admirable load of work with these picks. It should be a fun season, even if I have to miss Monaco because I think I'm scheduled for a liver transplant that weekend.  :)

#10 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,317 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostPepe Higdon, on 05 January 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

So I'll just shut up except to mention that when we do a centenary season in 2067, maybe we could run Nurburgring on a foggy night, Spa in the snow, and Watkins Glen with anacondas and crocodiles in the ditches. In the meantime I think the TSG did an admirable load of work with these picks. It should be a fun season, even if I have to miss Monaco because I think I'm scheduled for a liver transplant that weekend.  :)

You crack me up Pepe! 2067 hahaha, you frigging dinosaur! Great to hear you will receive a new liver. Hopefully it will work out and hold until 2067 then :)

Great job by the TSG, thanks guys and Claudio in particular! :)

#11 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

due to some diligence by one Michi K... a couple of lap totals were modified
Monacane down to 40
MosportRain down to 32
and BA55 up to 42

Pepe.... i don't think anaconda's are in NY/wGlen ;)  but maybe by 2067 there will be :o
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#12 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

"]So I'll just shut up except to mention that when we do a centenary season in 2067, maybe we could run Nurburgring on a foggy night, Spa in the snow, and Watkins Glen with anacondas and crocodiles in the ditches. In the meantime I think the TSG did an admirable load of work with these picks. It should be a fun season, even if I have to miss Monaco because I think I'm scheduled for a liver transplant that weekend.  :)"

Pepe, do not give me ideas :3dnono:

#13 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Where can I find ba55n2? I have ba15, ba2, and 2ba, but not the one I need. I haven't found it on either track database.

Michael

Edited by MGL66, 05 January 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#14 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

BA55N2 track download site: http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=11589

#15 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

Jaysus!  Pepe!  You serious on that liver thingie?  Man, oh, man...  Two thumbs on that for you, amigo.

Re our S20 sked...  Looking forward to it and quite appropriate that we are running the 1967 season venues.  As most of you are aware, I re-write the grid layouts for the league...so don't blame Bo...giving generous spacing...typically, 10m...for online purposes.  Does the membership wish to see this maintained for S20 or would a preference be voiced to see that the true, 1967 grids be employed?  RSVP.

Very cool that Mosprain is on the sked.  I attended the very race as depicted in GPL and it was quite a treat to see the race start in a downpour, dry out then end in more rain.  From better than half a century of observations at Mosport, a rule of thumb for performance in the rain could be developed.  It would be...

Take you best lap time and add 30 seconds.  If you could meet that target, you were doing well.  :)

#16 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:59 AM

I would prefer to use your staggered grid layouts, Doni. Historical accuracy is good in theory, but we will still need to deal with GPL's limitations.

I, too, wholeheartedly approve of the scheduling of monacane and mosprain (as well as spa67, even though I won't be able to drive it on my current rig. Yeah, I still haven't upgraded). They're historically accurate and add a nice little twist to the old GPL.

Michael

p.s. Thanks for the link to ba55n2, Pepe. I missed that track's release.

#17 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,317 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

I'd like to see 2x2 loose grids coming season instead of 3x2.

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 06 January 2017 - 10:50 AM.

#18 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on 06 January 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

Take you best lap time and add 30 seconds.  If you could meet that target, you were doing well.  :)

I went to https://www.f1legend...ts/rmosport.php to download the soggy Mosport track. I unzipped an installable Mosport_Park_Rain.exe file that produced a track folder called Mosprain. There it lists the record as being held by J. Clark with a time of 1:22.096.

GPL Rank lists two non-dry versions of the track: Mosport Park Wet and Mosport Park Rain. The world records in a Cooper are 1:47.879 and 1:24.016 respectively. My best times at Mosprain with very little practice are within five seconds or so of my best times at the dry track. So where did I go wrong to get so fast all of a sudden?  :)

P.S. Doni: My liver is fine; it's the upcoming brain transplant that really has me worried.

#19 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

" P.S. Doni: My liver is fine; it's the upcoming brain transplant that really has me worried."
Pepe  should not worry about the brain, most politicians live without it (here in South America too)

#20 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

About Mosport wet, I'm a bit concerned about performance issues with all the spray. Therefore I'd like to see it on the preseason test schedule. Could be that I'm just overly worried, but better check now rather than whenthere are points on the line.

View PostClaudio Pablo Navonne, on 06 January 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

..., most politicians live without it (here in South America too)

That's a prerequisite for becoming one me thinks

Edited by Michkov, 06 January 2017 - 04:40 PM.

I just wanna race

Sim Racing Links